Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Can we get that chart but for men?

irDibP7.jpg
    Darn. Can't see the bottom halfs. I think I'm just more attracted to legs and bums. Thanks for the pic!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Comment below your preferences, and I personally prefer healthy with slight muscular definition:)

I personally don't care as long as they are not hindered from an active lifestyle.

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The middle rows of both those images work for me - I'd be happy with the body of those women (and I'm not too far from 35% now :smile: - I started out off the chart) and I'd be happy to cuddle up to any of those men.

But as others have said I go for other things in men over their figures - but if you're offering me a menu that's what I'd pick from.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Based on the pictures above, I find 15% body fat on men ideal. But the 20% and 25% work for me as well. I don't like skinny guys...I feel men should be big. But I don't like extreme levels of muscle definition. A six pack is not something I have ever really been into. A little definition is good, but you can have too much of a good thing. Taller is better, but I have dated men an inch or so shorter than me so it isn't required.

For women, I think 25% is ideal. The 30% works as well depending on how it is distributed...hourglass 30% I like, pear 30% I don't like. I don't like muscular women...I think it looks masculine and just isn't my ideal of beauty. I prefer medium/large breasts. I don't like really large butts even though they are "fashionable" right now. Stick thin is not attractive to me, but too much padding is not either.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    The guys I've known as freinds and boyfriends all prefer very lean women with small pert breasts. My husband in particular dilsikes large breasts- which is good because so do i. (I'm the only girl I know, apart from my sister who was happy to drop a few cup sizes)

I like a guy who is athletic, not too hard-bodied. I like a little softness but with good muscle definition. Physically I've always gone for guys with strong noses- no idea what it is. I dislike a small button nose on a guy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when we were very young and we've been together since we were in 8th grade. I can't remember ever thinking about liking that he had a certain build or physique or body shape. I just like him in particular.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options

^ What she said!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ah my bad I see one now! I'd say 10-20% I think
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think, in general, people are more attracted to folks who are more healthy looking than not. Madness to try to meet some ideal, just get your own body fit and be yourself.

I personally have been attracted to men of different shapes, but somehow always actually wind up with boyish-looking guys on the tall side with a medium or slightly lanky build.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I prefer tall men built like football players but intelligence and personality is extremely important as well.

I sent my fiance this image that I'd seen here on the MFP forums, asked him what body fat he liked, and he said 25-35 % as shown here:

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

I'd probably say 25% for women
    msf74 wrote: »

irDibP7.jpg

and 15-20% for men.

I am not a big muscle person, really.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    The guys I've known as freinds and boyfriends all prefer very lean women with small pert breasts.

Somehow, I don't meet these guys. :)

Play up whatever it is that you have, don't worry so much about your body and focus on being a fun/interesting person. No matter what your shape, there is always somebody out there who will be very into it.

I'm not finding any of the men in those pictures attractive...I guess I need faces, and maybe less pasty skin.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I've been attracted to, and repelled by, women of just about any conceivable body type.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I will have to go with, off the chart, 15%-35% for women.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I've been attracted to, and repelled by, women of just about any conceivable body type.

I feel similar about men
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would probably be most attracted to guys who are my height or not much taller than me. (I am 5'4". Dh is 5'6".) I might be attracted to a guy shorter than me but haven't known many under 5'4".
    Looking at the picture of guys bf%- I'd say 10%- 25% is the range I find attractive.
    My dh is probably most like the 20% right now. We've been together for 15 years and both our bodies have changed. Physical appearance is not the most important factor in our relationship.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    There's also this:
    W5ZAqro.jpg

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Based on those pictures alone, women in the top row, men in the 10-15% row.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    There's also this:
    W5ZAqro.jpg

:lol: 4A is steroid mode.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I look for lein in a woman, 10-12% may be a little much though. Maybe between 15%-25%.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I look for lein in a woman, 10-12% may be a little much though. Maybe between 15%-25%.

10-13% is essential body fat for women, so mentioning it at all is a bit odd IMO ...of course it's a little much! it's either temporary dehydrated competition ready or seriously underweight