Ate 1500 calories for lunch!

Options
Not really looking for anything, just need to say it so I can be accountable. Took my girls to lunch and ate at Double Dave's (pizza buffet). It was so good, but I should have known to stay away from there. Oh well, back on the wagon!

Replies

• julzbennett
    julzbennett Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A treat every now and again is OK; something like that would make me spiral so well done for getting back on the wagon so quickly :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    been there, done that.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We all have meals like that. Your attitude is perfect - back on track. Not tomorrow, not next Monday, NOW!
  • Edjeep
    Edjeep Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just remind myself that every day, and some days every meal USED to be like that. Chances are the one big meal is not going to cause a setback as long as you keep going in the right direction.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    If by "my girls" you mean your children, then congratulations! You just made a wonderful memory that hopefully they will cherish too.
    As to the 1500 calories, live and learn. ;) Next time try a pizza place with better portion control built in? Buffets make me want to try a little of everything...and that adds up fast.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I had 1.5 taco bell xl chicken burrito for dinner last week, found out when I got home it was about 1200 calories. At first I broke out into a cold sweat and then I got over myself. It didn't cause any damage and here I am a week later down a pound.
  • Supersallysunshine
    Supersallysunshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    having big calorie days now and then can actually be a good thing.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    been there, done that.

We all do this. Such is life. Your girls must have loved it! Just make the rest of the week better. :)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I had 1.5 taco bell xl chicken burrito for dinner last week, found out when I got home it was about 1200 calories. At first I broke out into a cold sweat and then I got over myself. It didn't cause any damage and here I am a week later down a pound.

OMG I had one of those about six weeks ago, right before I started logging again. I figured it was going to be bad, but yikes...

I'm actually okay occassionally splurging on 1200 of burrito, but if I do, it better be Chipotle and it better be amazing.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Impressive. I would go for fitness NSVs at the gym tomorrow--I remember struggling for weeks to run for more than 45 minutes, then I ate a huge carb-laden meal and did it easily the next day.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options

While I don't care to fritter away my burrito calories at Taco Bell, there's an awesome hatch chile burrito at Chuys that I'll get for the occasional 1200+ cal meal!
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, I had 1200 calorie nachos for lunch :D hoping the six miles I ran this morning helps put a dent in it. But really! Nachos (and pizza!) are delicious and I will always, always, always eat them. Just gotta put the work in to burn them off ;)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

While I don't care to fritter away my burrito calories at Taco Bell, there's an awesome hatch chile burrito at Chuys that I'll get for the occasional 1200+ cal meal!

I've never heard of Chuys. *runs off to google*

• accidentalpancake
    Options
    cake wrote: »

It may be a local chain.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Everyone has setbacks. One day can only ruin a diet if you quit. :)
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of something I did last week concerning Double Daves. My husband brought home pepperoni rolls for lunch. I ate a nice salad with veggies and had one roll with marinara. I was still hungry and my phone was upstairs so I didn't check the cals. I ate a second roll. Later when I logged it holy cow batman- couldn't believe how many I blew on the second roll! Regretted that for the rest of the day, lol. I was hungry though and it didn't really affect anything long term so all is good!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Chuys jalapeño ranch/ Yums!

• accidentalpancake
    Options
    North44 wrote: »

Chuys jalapeño ranch/ Yums!

:yum:
  • Xanifur
    Xanifur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    After logging my calories for a while using different tools it really is amazing how something seemingly small can blow your calories way over for the day. All these foods they process... no wonder we weigh more.

Keep going!