Share your greek yogurt "pudding" recipes!

Options
2»

Replies

• Curvy1Gezel
    Curvy1Gezel Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Low-Calorie-Ice-Cream-Cupcakes-28553112

Try these yummy Greek yogurt treats for 30 calories each o:) great for when it's hot B)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I started using dutch-processed cocoa in the chocolate greek yogurt, and it tastes way more like pudding now. Delicious! I ate it with some chocolate granola today, but I bet it'd be delicious with fruit too (although maybe you'd want to thin it out a bit, depending on your greek yogurt).
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I use it to make protein pancakes, which I either have as a breakfast or as a pudding if I'm still hungry after dinner. Not that I really need an excuse, I do sometimes just make them because they are yum.

¾ cup greek yoghurt
    ½ cup wholemeal flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 large egg
    A splash of milk

Mix it all in a jug, cook as normal. This mix makes about 6, but it keeps in the fridge for a day if you only want half. 292 cal per serving of 3 pancakes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like mixing some jello instant pudding powder as well... typically just half a serving or so. It thickens it and definitely makes it more pudding-y. White chocolate powder and some raspberries was pretty awesome.
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    5.3 oz non fat plain greek yogurt (I like Chobani)
    1 Tbl crunchy peanut butter (I like Crazy Richard's)
    1 tsp Agave Nectar
    1 Tbl dark chocolate chips
    dash of Vanilla

It is so very good....some times I put it in the freezer for a few minutes after mixing it up.
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We never buy the fruited yogurts. It's crazy to when fresh berries are in season, and even in winter, we buy frozen berries. Much cheaper, much less sugar and calories if you add an artificial sweetener that you like. A cup of fresh strawberries and a,cup of yogurt is less than 200 calories, and it's a lot of food.

I wish I lived somewhere berries are cheap, I love them. But I just paid $4 for a pint of blueberries. Raspberries (my favorite!) And blackberries are that much per half pint. I find that adding a couple of spoonfuls of fat free half and half cuts the sharp taste of the yogurt. I make a very light dessert topping by blending 1 serving cup of fruit yogurt and an equal amount of Cool Whip (light, fat free or sugar free as you please) and about 1tbsp. Of fresh lemon juice. I use it on fat free or sugar free jello and puddings, or for cake mold cakes.
  • jeep725
    jeep725 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Greek yogurt + strawberry jam + graham cracker

greek yogurt + nutella + banana (optional)

greek yogurt + pb2 + cocoa powder + sweetener of choice

greet yogurt + banana + maple syrup (I make oatmeal this way it is SOOO good)

I haven't tried this one yet but just brainstorming: greek yogurt + lime (zest or juice) + graham cracker + sweetener of choice

• leraejoy
    leraejoy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of yogurt but my Dr office said stay away from bp2 I see that many of you use it . is it high on fat and calories
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    leraejoy wrote: »
    I eat a lot of yogurt but my Dr office said stay away from bp2 I see that many of you use it . is it high on fat and calories

PB2 is powdered peanut butter - it's peanut butter without the fat and is much, much lower in calories. What is your doctor talking about? (As an aside, being high in fat and calories isn't a reason not to eat a food anyway. You just have to be careful with portion control.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    leraejoy wrote: »

1) pb2 is low on fat and calories
    2) assuming your doctor was talking about peanut butter, he clearly needs to go back to nutrition school. Nuts have good fats and are good for you (in moderation, of course). Even in their 'butter' form.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I do some variation on this almost every night:
    1 cup Greek yogurt - usually Fage 0%
    Some variety of berries - often use Kirkland mixed frozen berries
    Some variety of cereal - Grape Nuts is the current favorite, 1/2 cup
    A little splenda if needed

Mix. I let it set for a bit. It winds up with a really thick texture and is a heckuva lot of food.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've been doing:
    1 c. Plain greek yogurt.
    2 T. Half and half.
    1 T. Heavy cream
    Half cup unsweetened almond milk
    White fudge pretzels or s'mores mix (I used the Southern Grove mix from Aldi. Amazing!)

Crush the pretzels or s'mores mix then mix everything else and pour into popsicle molds and freeze. It is so easy and comes out to around 140 calories, 10g carbs, 7g protein, and 5g fat. A truly satisfying, indulgent snack that is completely guilt free.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • BuxtonMayne
    BuxtonMayne Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
    plain greek yogurt
    sugar free instant cheesecake pudding mix
    peanut butter
    crushed graham cracker

I make individual servings as a snack or dessert. 1/2 c. yogurt, 1Tbs pudding mix, 2 tsp. peanut butter, 1/2 graham cracker. Under 200 cals.

The pudding mix and peanut butter make this sooo rich. I love it!
  • mstoot64
    mstoot64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the Peanut Butter Cheesecake. It sound like it tastes great.