Warrior Diet

Options
ButterflyBrains
ButterflyBrains Posts: 56 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
II've been wanting to try the warrior diet for a few months and see if I like it, before I commit.
Are there any women out there who are doing this?
Also, I am a vegan who wants to build muscle. Does anyone know of a good, light protein option to have after a workout, during the day?

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I actually do not believe in diets and fads, only lifestyles and commitments.
    Anyways... I've been wanting to try the warrior diet for a few months and see if I like it, before I commit.
    Also, I am a vegan who wants to build muscle. Does anyone know of a good, light protein option to have after a workout, during the day?

So why do a fad diet now?
    And you dont build muscle eating in a deficit ( except for noob gains)

calorie in versus calorie out does the job too.

76145189.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand your question. .
    You said you don't believe in diets and fads. But you're asking for opinions on this very thing.

As for protein shakes, they're all much of a muchness. I'm not sure if that's also the case with vegan shakes though
  • ButterflyBrains
    Options
    Anyways... I've been wanting to try the warrior diet for a few months and see if I like it, before I commit.

So why do a fad diet now?
    And you dont build muscle eating in a deficit ( except for noob gains)

calorie in versus calorie out does the job too.

76145189.png
    This isn't just a fad for me I often eat like this already, however, before I commit I want to know if it will be worth my while.
    Yes, you can build muscle on a deficit if you are consuming enough protein at the right times, regardless of calories.
  • ButterflyBrains
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You said you don't believe in diets and fads. But you're asking for opinions on this very thing.

As for protein shakes, they're all much of a muchness. I'm not sure if that's also the case with vegan shakes though
    It's not a fad, if it's something that works, you commit to and it becomes your lifestyle, not drop as soon as something you perceive as better comes along. Also, a diet is something temporary, whereas here I am talking about long term, as in the rest of my life. Make sense? I took that out of my question, since it's obviously confusing people.
    I can't drink shakes because they always contain some from of dairy. :(
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oh ok no worries. Hopefully someone will come along soon that has tried it.

How can vegan shakes contain dairy?? They wouldn't be vegan if they contained any animal products. ..
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

It's not a fad, if it's something that works, you commit to and it becomes your lifestyle, not drop as soon as something you perceive as better comes along. Also, a diet is something temporary, whereas here I am talking about long term, as in the rest of my life. Make sense? I took that out of my question, since it's obviously confusing people.

There are soy and hemp protein shakes. Most of these contain no dairy because vegans are their target customer.
  • ButterflyBrains
    Options
    Oh ok no worries. Hopefully someone will come along soon that has tried it.

How can vegan shakes contain dairy?? They wouldn't be vegan if they contained any animal products. ..

No problem.
    I didn't know There was such a thing as vegan shakes, haha. I was just talking about your average protein shakes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Warrior diet is a fad just like any other diet that uses buzz words to convince people to buy their product. Warrior diet is all about "your own biological secret for burning fat, igniting energy, and staying young." They say what needs to be said in order to get people to buy their product, and to buy into their nonsense.

You say you don't believe in diets and fads, yet you want to try a fad diet out. You also say:
    This isn't just a fad for me I often eat like this already, however, before I commit I want to know if it will be worth my while.

Yes, you can build muscle on a deficit if you are consuming enough protein at the right times, regardless of calories

If you already eat this way, then you already know whether it works for you

No, you cannot build muscle on a deficit, except for the newbie gains. Timing has nothing to do with building muscle. Protein is beneficial to heavy weight lifting. Protein by itself is not going to build muscle.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen by eating at a calorie deficit, but fitness happens in the gym with your choice of exercise. I personally love my weight lifting and running.

As for losing weight, when you're eating at a calorie deficit it is a diet even though you are working toward a lifestyle change to learn skills for weight management. That said, if a Warrior diet helps you manage your weight, then definitely it works for you.

The bottom line is this:

if you don't eat at a calorie deficit no diet will work, and if you do eat at a calorie deficit any diet will work.
  • ButterflyBrains
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

There are soy and hemp protein shakes. Most of these contain no dairy because vegans are their target customer.

Hemp shakes sound very interesting! I'll have to look onto that, thanks.
  • ButterflyBrains
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Warrior diet is a fad just like any other diet that uses buzz words to convince people to buy their product. Warrior diet is all about "your own biological secret for burning fat, igniting energy, and staying young." They say what needs to be said in order to get people to buy their product, and to buy into their nonsense.

You say you don't believe in diets and fads, yet you want to try a fad diet out. You also say:

Yes, you can build muscle on a deficit if you are consuming enough protein at the right times, regardless of calories

If you already eat this way, then you already know whether it works for you

No, you cannot build muscle on a deficit, except for the newbie gains. Timing has nothing to do with building muscle. Protein is beneficial to heavy weight lifting. Protein by itself is not going to build muscle.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen by eating at a calorie deficit, but fitness happens in the gym with your choice of exercise. I personally love my weight lifting and running.

As for losing weight, when you're eating at a calorie deficit it is a diet even though you are working toward a lifestyle change to learn skills for weight management. That said, if a Warrior diet helps you manage your weight, then definitely it works for you.

The bottom line is this:

if you don't eat at a calorie deficit no diet will work, and if you do eat at a calorie deficit any diet will work.

I dont eat like this all the time, just some of the time, so I'm unsure if this contributes to weight loss. Perhaps "often" was an overstatement.
    I do work out, but I don't have time to every day. I do have a calorie deficit, however saving food consumption till the end of the day seems like a good way to make sure I always stay below the limit. It's pretty hard to over-eat your calories in one sitting.
  • lorenswan
    lorenswan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jeez. Most of these reply posts are a bit rude. I dont think she posted this question to be judged and criticized. She posted this for some help and advice. If you havent done the Warrior Diet and you arent a woman then she isnt speaking to you.

The Warrior Diet does work. I got down to 13% body fat and was the top 1% of female enlists in the US Army at the time. And I did it as a semi-vegetarian. My company commander said after I completed Airborne School (which has a 90% failure rate for women) and I quote "If any female can become a Ranger its Swan. She's my first pick." Those were the days. This "diet" has been used by soldiers for decades. It isnt a fad, its a necessity for some of us.

But would the Warrior Diet work for you? That I cannot answer. There are too
    many variables. But I can offer
    my one on one advice for what is best for you and that's really the goal isnt it? Feel free to friend me and we'll talk. I very much would like to share in your journey. Don't let these haters tell you who you are. Good luck and shake it up!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »
    Jeez. Most of these reply posts are a bit rude. I dont think she posted this question to be judged and criticized. She posted this for some help and advice. If you havent done the Warrior Diet and you arent a woman then she isnt speaking to you.

The Warrior Diet does work. I got down to 13% body fat and was the top 1% of female enlists in the US Army at the time. And I did it as a semi-vegetarian. My company commander said after I completed Airborne School (which has a 90% failure rate for women) and I quote "If any female can become a Ranger its Swan. She's my first pick." Those were the days. This "diet" has been used by soldiers for decades. It isnt a fad, its a necessity for some of us.

my one on one advice for what is best for you and that's really the goal isnt it? Feel free to friend me and we'll talk. I very much would like to share in your journey. Don't let these haters tell you who you are. Good luck and shake it up!

I don't need to try something to know it is a bad idea. I have never tried cocaine yet still would dissuade someone from trying it.

None of the replies were rude.

• alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    In on the warrior diet , been doing it for years. When you eat like that you realize you're not really born to eat 3-10 meals a day. Early humans didn't eat 10 meals and go out hunting.

Weight loss is more than just calories in vs calories out. People don't realize how insulin and hormone manipulation + food combinations play an overall effect.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    In on the warrior diet , been doing it for years. When you eat like that you realize you're not really born to *kitten* eat 3-10 meals a day. Early humans didn't eat 10 meals and go out hunting.

Weight loss is more than just calories in vs calories out. People don't realize how insulin and hormone manipulation + food combinations play an overall effect.

What?

BURP - can't be *kitten* explaining. It's too scientific for you to understand

Oh you're doing it every thread...and I thought I was speshul

The problem with you and your ability to support your statements appears to be that you don't recognise the difference between peer reviewed solid scientific research with full sourcing and mercola

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    In on the warrior diet , been doing it for years. When you eat like that you realize you're not really born to *kitten* eat 3-10 meals a day. Early humans didn't eat 10 meals and go out hunting.

What?

Wow.

Guess you have no idea who you're talking to in these forums eh? I think you have seriously misjudged the intellectual capabilities (and qualifications) of some of us here. Now please, DO explain; it is extremely bad practice to be 'offering' advice or making these sorts of statements without offering anything scientifically substantial to back it up. If you want people to take you seriously, you have to prove you're worth taking seriously, which judging by your attitude, you aren't doing too good of a job doing.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yeah, so, in regards to the actual question asked, couldn't you take a soy-based protein powder and put it into soy or almond or coconut milk, to make a vegan-acceptable shake? Perhaps that is what was meant above by "vegan shakes."
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Did you get lost on your way to the BodyBuilding.com Misc forum? ...... idiot

Does the Warrior diet work, yes, all diets work if applied with consistency and adherence. Buy the book and see if it will fit with your lifestyle as it is one of the more extreme diets out there.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I did a quick google search. It sounds like it is more a paleo diet. If that is what you need to help achieve your calorie deficit- have at it.

However: This part is a load of rubbish. Removal of toxins? No.
    The Warrior Diet shows how to nourish the body in sync with its innate circadian clock – separating between a.m. foods and p.m. foods for effective removal of toxins, increased conversion of fat for energy, increased utilization of nutrients and improved resilience to stress.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »

So, you are speaking for the original Poster? Seems to me she can speak fine for herself.

Besides this, who are you to judge who should and should not respond In this conversation?

The only reason to Warrior Diet works is because you have used it to create a calorie deficit. Any diet will work if you eat less than what you burn.

The Warrior Diet is not magic.

As for your comment about haters--just because people tell the truth does not mean they are haters. Wouldn't you rather hear the truth that a fairy-dust response?