Married, taken, single or wanna be single?

Options

Replies

• larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Married..... but looking.... HAHAHA

(Just kidding btw... don't be offended sheesh)
  • drxl34
    drxl34 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    single
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    larali1980 wrote: »
    Married..... but looking.... HAHAHA

(Just kidding btw... don't be offended sheesh)

I doubt anyone is offended by that on here
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Relationships are a living entity. Too many people put them on cruse control, get complacent or lazy, and then wonder you aren't as close as you used to be. And a lot of that has to do with communication, or the lack thereof.

If you don't feed and water the relationship on a daily basis, it will slowly wither and die. Got to keep working at it.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Married with a kid, dun dun dunnnn... Hhahaha
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    Married
  • Rachel5K
    Rachel5K Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Taken. Love my wife more today than when I met her 27 years ago. Without her, I'd be in prison or living under a bridge somewhere.
    This just makes me love you. :)

I see so many people yearning for the single life and it simply breaks my heart. Yes, people change. They say that every decade you are a completely different person than you were before. This doesn't mean that you are no longer meant to be with the person you promised your life to, it simply means you are on a new journey together once again. Marriage isn't 50/50, both partners need to be willing to give 100%. If you are not willing to try to keep things stable and happy in your current relationship then more than likely the story will be the same in the next relationship. If you are looking for the perfect partner, you are looking for something that does not exist. Just like you, every human is flawed. You simply need to find someone who can handle your flaws and love you, not despite them, but because of them. On top of that you, yourself, need to be willing to do the same.

Sigh... sorry. Rant over.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Single, likely forever. Since apparently what I am interested in is about as plentiful as unicorns.
  • dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Single, likely forever. Since apparently what I am interested in is about as plentiful as unicorns.

Ditto! :smile:
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Married + crushin it!
  • RoToQ
    RoToQ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    *Dons unicorn mask*

*enters thread*

Single
  • ChrieseP
    ChrieseP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Single, and looking for an exercise partner :)
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    married and working on it.....remember everyone- marriage is ALWAYS work!
  • rahulmehta08
    rahulmehta08 Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    Single
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Marred.

I mean, married.
  • Harold76
    Harold76 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Taken
  • PuckTard
    PuckTard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Rachel5K wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Taken. Love my wife more today than when I met her 27 years ago. Without her, I'd be in prison or living under a bridge somewhere.
    This just makes me love you. :)

I see so many people yearning for the single life and it simply breaks my heart. Yes, people change. They say that every decade you are a completely different person than you were before. This doesn't mean that you are no longer meant to be with the person you promised your life to, it simply means you are on a new journey together once again. Marriage isn't 50/50, both partners need to be willing to give 100%. If you are not willing to try to keep things stable and happy in your current relationship then more than likely the story will be the same in the next relationship. If you are looking for the perfect partner, you are looking for something that does not exist. Just like you, every human is flawed. You simply need to find someone who can handle your flaws and love you, not despite them, but because of them. On top of that you, yourself, need to be willing to do the same.

Sigh... sorry. Rant over.

Best. Rant. Ever. :)

Oh.. and I'm psychotically, passionately, blissfully married/taken (not legally married but we've been together 12 years.. have four kids.. and I say that's close enough!)
  • MichellePatte92
    MichellePatte92 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Single.
  • Harold76
    Harold76 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Married
  • cipercipherstrike
    cipercipherstrike Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Single, and delaying dating because dating is so calorie-intense. MFP could make a mint by opening up a dating app on the side where it would be socially acceptable to go to a restaurant that has publicly available calorie accounts and order off the guiltless grill menu.