900calorie a day

Options
I eat 900 calories a day, mainly protein and veg, I also do bench press squats deadlifts and hiit skipping and sprinting, will this help me.lose weight in a safe, Ps a newbie

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    So much no.
  • sweetochiken
    sweetochiken Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh? And why arent you eating carbs?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    A male should be eating at least 1500 calories per day. How do you plan on fueling your workouts?? What did MFP give you as a calorie goal? I lost weight consistently eating 1400-1700 calories and I'm female and older than you.
  • abdihajinur
    abdihajinur Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh 96kg and 6ft tall
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating 900 cals per day? Do you know that accurately? As in, do you weigh and measure your foods? Do you have weight to lose? If so, what were you eating when you gained weight? If you provide more information you may get more help.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    28 year old male 6ft around 211 lbs, 900 calories is not enough
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Dumb
  • abdihajinur
    Options
    I know I am eating 900 calories because I scan everything I eat, I put on weight by binge eating and drinking beer, lol , Ive been doing this for 5 days,
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I know I am eating 900 calories because I scan everything I eat, I put on weight by binge eating and drinking beer, lol , Ive been doing this for 5 days,

How many calories did MFP say to eat? That's what you should be eating. You can even have beer and lose weight but first eat more than 900 calories!
  • sweetochiken
    Options
    No it isnt enough. What are your fitness goals, build muscle? Or loose fat? Because at 96kg and 6ft tall doesnt seem like you need to lose much weight. Male or female? Either gender though you need more calories to fuel your body. I eat 1800 cal daily more or less and im a female (120lbs and 5'7" trying to build muscle).
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    900 calories a day isn't enough for anyone, male/female or my child.....at the very least, follow the calorie guidelines MFP calculates for you
  • abdihajinur
    Options
    I just want to lose weight quick
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Then why did you ask if it was safe??
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    So...900 calories without the binge eating and beer? 900 calories net?
    I guess it doesn't really matter since regardless, this is unsafe. Just need more details please.

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I eat 1200 (rough estimate-I don't weigh or do exact) I eat back my calories I burn off with my minimal walking and that is still a very low calorie count. I still lose weight eating 1200.
  • sweetochiken
    Options
    You are 6 ft tall, 211 lbs is not that far from your goal weigh. What is the goal weight anyway? Stop binging and drinking beer and you will loose weight. Eat 2200 calories, or start counting macros. Eat to your body type. If you dont eat enough you will go onto starvation mode and put on extras pounds.
  • sweetochiken
    Options
    Smh.... this is a joke i hope.
  • abdihajinur
    Options
    I also quit smoking and drinking, so for the past 5 days I sprint 100meters and jog back and rest for 1min i repeat this 5 times, then I skip for 5 mins , I them weight train , bench press decline and incline , squats and deadlifts included, then I eat my food' Max 900cals made up of spinach broccoli tuna chicken protien shake fruits
  • sweetochiken
    Options
    Dude, its not safe.
  • abdihajinur
    Options

Then why did you ask if it was safe??

This discussion has been closed.