Advocare Spark??

Options
Does anyone use Advocare products? Has anyone seen any success with them? I have tried the cleanse twice and both times gained significant weight...
Also, can someone explain to me why Advocare Spark packaging states 15 calories per scoop, but MFP tracks it at 45 calories per scoop? I don't mind tracking it at 45, I was just confused by the discrepancy..

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Most people around MFP would tell you to avoid products sold by MLMs.

AdvoCare International, L.P. is an American multilevel marketing company which sells nutrition, weight-loss, energy and sports performance products. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdvoCare
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Yeah - scroll down to the "Controversy" section. Seems kind of shady. Also, the founder used to be the Vice President of Herbalife - which has been linked to organ failure.
  • Malyss13
    Malyss13 Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Most people around MFP would tell you to avoid products sold by MLMs.

AdvoCare International, L.P. is an American multilevel marketing company which sells nutrition, weight-loss, energy and sports performance products. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdvoCare

Oh, I will check into that! Thanks! Are you a derby girl @WBB55? I play derby here in Texas!
    Yeah - scroll down to the "Controversy" section. Seems kind of shady. Also, the founder used to be the Vice President of Herbalife - which has been linked to organ failure.

Oh dang... I will definitely look more into that... that is scary!
  • rekwob04
    rekwob04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Malyss13,

I'm an AdvoCare distributor, and to answer your question about the calories in the Spark, it's because the company has just recently redone the formula for the spark and each scoop now has only 15 calories.. You will only get the 15 calories if you get a flavor that comes in the new packaging... they still have some flavors that are still stocked with the old formula.

Yes the founder of AdvoCare use to work with Herbalife. He stopped working with that company because he found out that Herbalife was putting stuff in their products that is linked to organ failure like stated above. He did not want to be a part of that. AdvoCare is safe.. I've lost almost 40 pounds and 40 inches since Feb 2015. I've done everything else I could think of and nothing worked for me as well as AdvoCare does.. It has not only given me energy that I need to get through my day, but has helped me with my weight loss.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's just another MLM, overpriced product making all the promises in the world, sold by completely unqualified people who join up as distributors to get a discount on their own products.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It's just another MLM, overpriced product making all the promises in the world, sold by completely unqualified people who join up as distributors to get a discount on their own products.

This.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Eat real food, at a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • rekwob04
    Options

Just so you know we do go to classes to learn about the products and to help others.. I know doctor's, nurses, and chiropractors that are distributors and I'm sure they wouldn't do something that would end up hurting someone else in the long wrong.. We all have done our homework. Just saying
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    rekwob04 wrote: »

Just so you know we do go to classes to learn about the products and to help others.. I know doctor's, nurses, and chiropractors that are distributors and I'm sure they wouldn't do something that would end up hurting someone else in the long wrong.. We all have done our homework. Just saying

It's still a scam however you want to paint it. Just sayin'
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Knowing a lot about a scam still makes it a scam. Sorry.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Malyss13 wrote: »
    Does anyone use Advocare products? Has anyone seen any success with them? I have tried the cleanse twice and both times gained significant weight...
    Also, can someone explain to me why Advocare Spark packaging states 15 calories per scoop, but MFP tracks it at 45 calories per scoop? I don't mind tracking it at 45, I was just confused by the discrepancy..

Welcome, Malyss13. :)

The only requirement to lose weight, really, is to eat less calories than you burn.The reason you gained weight while doing the "cleanse" is because you ate more calories than you burned. You can any of the fad diets/cleanses but they won't work unless you eat at a calorie deficit. Likewise, any fad diet/cleanse will work if you do eat at a calorie deficit.

That said, I encourage you to forget about the Advocare products because their main purpose is take money from your pocket. If you really want to lose weight, I suggest eating less and moving more, or simply just eating less if you don't care to exercise. Set your goals up in MFP, weigh your food, log everything you eat, log exercise and eat only about 50-75% of those calories back, and take the slow and easy and sustainable road of weight loss.

It's that easy. And, this comes from a gal who was obese as a child and young adult, somewhat overweight most of her adult life, until just about a year and a half ago when I reached a healthy weight for the first time in my life. I've been maintaining all this time too.

I don't know what your story is, but if I can do this in a healthy way so can you, or anybody!

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Malyss13 wrote: »

You have used the product twice and gained significant weight...,why would you want to continue using the product? Unless, of course, your goal is to gain weight. But you are posting this in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum.
  • SLLRunner
    edited July 2015
    Options

Well, that's all good and well, but it's still a scam.

There is not need to cleanse your body because it does that all by itself and no special products are necessary to lose weight.

Just saying.... ;)
  • rekwob04
    Options
    Well let's all face it, none of us are doctor's in here and we all think we know everything about losing weight, along with what works and what doesn't work. Plain and simple AdvoCare works for me and I'm standing by it. You can believe it's a scam all you want.. but 9 out 10 people who say it's a scam has never used the products and are just going off of what they read (the negative parts that is).

You all can continue to bash me for believing in the product all you want. It doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.. my mind is set and it's not going to change until products are no longer working for me.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Save your money. Eat real food, at a deficit and you'll lose weight.

^^This^^ What happens when you decide to stop using instant meals? Real food is the way to go. Healthier and cheaper!
  • SLLRunner
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well let's all face it, none of us are doctor's in here and we all think we know everything about losing weight, along with what works and what doesn't work. Plain and simple AdvoCare works for me and I'm standing by it. You can believe it's a scam all you want.. but 9 out 10 people who say it's a scam has never used the products and are just going off of what they read (the negative parts that is).

You all can continue to bash me for believing in the product all you want. It doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.. my mind is set and it's not going to change until products are no longer working for me.

No, I'm going off the fact of science. If you eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight, if you eat at a surplus you will gain, and if you eat as many calories as you burn you will maintain. All without any special products.

If this product works for you it's because you are eating at a deficit, which can be accomplished without the pills.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

No, I'm going off the fact of science. If you eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight, if you eat at a surplus you will gain, and if you eat as many calories as you burn you will maintain. All without any special products.

If this product works for you it's because you are eating at a deficit, which can be accomplished without the pills.

This ^

I just had this type of conversation with SIL last night. Been there, done that, took the pills, drank the shakes, did it all, didn't work. I ate more than I burned, therefore I saw no results. Now, I'm more conscious about eating at a deficit WITHOUT pills/shakes/etc and seeing consistent results. There's no "magic" cure all, it takes a little work. OP, save your money and don't waste your time.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Too damn expensive! I'd rather eat food.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

You are saying it works for you and encouraging people to try it because YOU GET PAID TO. That's why no-one is taking you seriously.