Ladies: Let's Talk About Knickers

Options

Replies

• M_Jo
    M_Jo Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wear exclusively Target Xhilaration brand seamless thongs. They are usually 5 for $20. They are made of nylon and spandex, tagless, seamless, higher rise and have wide straps. I love that they stay put, have decent wicking ability and I have zero lines. This may be TMI but the wider triangle and strap up the back make the tampon-string-tuck hold true as well. No tugging. I also make sure that all my shorts/leggins/capris have a gusseted crotch. That extra diamond of fabric sewn in there makes all the difference to keep the little girls together down there.
  • maureensmc
    maureensmc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Boy shorts I find good
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I second the shorts with built in liners. I have three pairs of ua ones in constant rotation. But I also wear a thicker pair of knee length compression shorts and my Victoria's Secret no Seam underwears lines done show in those. So maybe yeah, wear your bottoms a little thicker so panty lines won't show. I've also found the vs no Seam underwear stays in place pretty well, too.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Under compression shorts/tights, I swear by the Under Armour Pure Stretch Thong. No chafing (laser-cut=no seams around the edges), lightweight, and an extra cotton gusset on the bottom does as respectable a job at limiting cameltoe as I'd expect.

The downside is they don't last as long as I might like for $10 a pop, but they are so worth it.

Although I might check out the Target ones that @M_Jo mentioned.
  • kdav88
    kdav88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I actually find the thongs with lace sides work best, because the lace has no seams in it and is stretchy so lies super flat and doesn't push into any slightly softer areas. YMMV!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It doesn't really matter with me, as i normally just wrap a sweatshirt around my waist anyway.
    Old Skool stylee. B)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I go commando in compression type capris. In anything cotton or not skin tight, I just don't care if my panty lines show.

I'm working out, not competing in a fashion contest.
  • sweetochiken
    sweetochiken Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Haha... although i could careless about panty lines, ( i dont give two poops if i look like a hot mess) im already sweaty and the last thing i need in my sweaty crack to be a sweaty crack with a thong, ugh. Lol. Imagine going commando, talk about unsanitary, many people dont wipe the machine after use (i dont know bout you but i dont want those nasty gym germs on my cooch) haha. I wear dry fit undies they show a panty line but its not super showy. Plus i wear compression pants so it tightens my bum up. Unless you want people looking at that booty the go with a sports thing and compression pants ;-)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    None. I do not like underwear while exercising. My workout clothes are moisture wicking and I feel like underwear would just be in the way of my clothes doing their job. Less clothes, the better. And no panty lines.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I wear Jockey Coolmax high cut briefs. I've never had wedgie type issues but they do give me panty lines. I might wear a different style if it weren't for my fat roll. My body+thong= no bueno.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if I have a panty line. But if I did, I'd just skip the knickers.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I do not wear any for this exact reason.
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Anyway, ladies of MyFitnessPal... WTH underwear do you wear to the gym?!

Commando at the gym and when I'm running! Otherwise it's wedgie city. ETA: and I only wear black, high-waisted, spandex-y workout leggings that hit below the knee. I have a zillion pairs. No wedgies with those babies. :)
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Under Armour makes GREAT athletic dainties!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Aren't you at the gym to workout...why are you worrying about a pantyline showing #getyourprioritiesinorder

You have no idea- so get out.

1.) I typically go commando
    unless
    I'm running- in which case
    2.) I use a thong.

I also can't stand panty lines- and I hate squatting in thongs- to much tail bone rub- but it sometimes must be done.

Full briefs- or even shorts don't work. If you have an ass... the shorts will be eaten.
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually go commando. Super comfy and you don't get as sweaty in the bum region. I also personally don't like built in liner running shorts for the same reason. Just make sure the material isn't sheer.

If I have to wear underwear, though, I just wear simple bikini brief style/short booty shorts. It's not like people don't know underwear exists! They can deal.
  • raregem99
    raregem99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Add another to the no-drawers-wearing chicks at the gym. There's no good panties to wear during my workout so I skip them all together. It's not as tacky as it sounds though. I'm wearing compression pants/capris so you'd never know unless you have X-ray vision. Still, I'd take pantylines over seeing chick's huge labia/massive camel toe hanging out of what I affectionately call, 'gym panties' during their squat routine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I can only work out in a g-string, thong is okay but I really prefer g-string. Calvin Klein makes them soft and comfy. I've seen some thongs by sporting brands that I'd like to try as well.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing many times. I normally wear thongs, but on squat days, I wear briefs. I like the Gillian and O'Malley ones from Target, but I have to go up two sizes, or I get VPL like WHOA. I can't do the commando thing, because I wear pantyliners when I work out. That's probably another topic.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with underwear when I work out. I never have a problem with my pantylines showing. :smiley: