Ladies: Let's Talk About Knickers

Options

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I normally wear cotton bikini bottoms, and if I'm in capris or leggings, I just check my bum and smooth out the fabric if there's a VPL.

I'm also in LOVE with the little running shorts with the built-in dry-weave panties. I find it amazing that I can run and run and run and not get a wedgie, and I get airflow in places that desperately need airflow. I don't know why it took me so long to start wearing them.

What brands have you seen of these? :)
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I thought cotton was encouraged over other fabrics because it breathed better? I've always read that in all those "Healthy Tips for Your Vagina" articles, they push the cotton. :p
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I workout at home in my underwear. Problem solved. Definitely cotton, because who wants to sweat in those silky ones?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Haha... although i could careless about panty lines, ( i dont give two poops if i look like a hot mess) im already sweaty and the last thing i need in my sweaty crack to be a sweaty crack with a thong, ugh. Lol. Imagine going commando, talk about unsanitary, many people dont wipe the machine after use (i dont know bout you but i dont want those nasty gym germs on my cooch) haha. I wear dry fit undies they show a panty line but its not super showy. Plus i wear compression pants so it tightens my bum up. Unless you want people looking at that booty the go with a sports thing and compression pants ;-)

I am dying over here - hilarious. I too, could give 2 craps about panty lines. I'm not there to pick up guys (or chicks, as the case may be) I'm there for a workout. However, I do find that many types of undies ride up so I prefer boyshorts or really stretchy full bottomed kind - they don't ride up and you can't see the panty lines as much either, if you care about that sort of thing :)

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I wear the one-size-all V String from victoria secret

I have no problems with showing panty line and no issues with riding up. They are comfy and cheap.

That, or you can go commando.
  • VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't think avoiding panty lines means wanting to pick up guys at the gym. It is about what you are comfortable with, no one wants to feel self conscious while they are working out.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Aren't you at the gym to workout...why are you worrying about a pantyline showing #getyourprioritiesinorder

#WhyDontYouReadTheOriginalPost
    #NotDirectedAtYouBro

buhbye.gif

this^

And I just go commando. No worries that way lol
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am with the other thong girls, I must say though I do not like the kind thats thick in the back they tend to cause some of the issues you described. I run in mine, I squat in mine, do HITT and dont have any issues with them showing or riding in places they shouldnt. I do not wear any when I bike due to seams rubbing where they shouldnt!!

I should also say that I am not a fan of any other kind of underwear at any given time just because they always tend to ride up and I end up with a huge wedgie! Less material is better for me!

Good luck!!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    Options
    VeggieStef wrote: »
    I don't think avoiding panty lines means wanting to pick up guys at the gym. It is about what you are comfortable with, no one wants to feel self conscious while they are working out.

Thank you, couldn't have phrased that better myself.

I didn't ask this question to get all the 'I'm there to work out, not to pick up guys/girls, I don't care if I have a pantyline' shade; good for you.
    I'm not there to pick up anyone either, I'm in a happy relationship, and even if I wasn't.. The gym would be the last place I would go to flirt.

I just happen to have an issue with my pantyline showing in tight pants. It's a personal thing that I'm hyper-aware of when it's happening.
    If you don't, again, good for you, but don't assume my issue has anything to do with sexual attractiveness. :|
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh I must have missed the part about picking people up? What's wrong with trying to pick someone up, anyway?
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

Thank you, couldn't have phrased that better myself.

I didn't ask this question to get all the 'I'm there to work out, not to pick up guys/girls, I don't care if I have a pantyline' shade; good for you.
    I'm not there to pick up anyone either, I'm in a happy relationship, and even if I wasn't.. The gym would be the last place I would go to flirt.

I just happen to have an issue with my pantyline showing in tight pants. It's a personal thing that I'm hyper-aware of when it's happening.
    If you don't, again, good for you, but don't assume my issue has anything to do with sexual attractiveness. :|

+1 Why can't a girl just want to look good, in general. Take pride in your appearance.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oh I must have missed the part about picking people up? What's wrong with trying to pick someone up, anyway?

Absolutely nothing!

...as long as you're not doing it sitting on a weight bench someone's waiting on, I don't give a sh**. You do you. ;)
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just my own curiosity here, answer if you wish; but if you see a woman who is "I give no shiets about VPL" do you ladies judge her for being so called "tacky"?
  • VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    skeo wrote: »
    Just my own curiosity here, answer if you wish; but if you see a woman who is "I give no shiets about VPL" do you ladies judge her for being so called "tacky"?

Of course not. Whatever gets you to the gym and doing your thing. I also don't judge the women there with their hair and makeup done or the people that are there in cotton or sweats or the people decked out in head to toe cute name brand stuff. We are all different in and out of the gym. Showing up is all you gotta do! Everyone should do what makes them most comfortable and most likely to come back the next day.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    This thread is awesome.

I buy training shorts that specifically come with a liner so that I don't have to wear underwear. Do they not have something similar for women?

Yes, this question.
    I found mine at Winners which is always a crap-shoot. However I was browsing in Lululemon on my lunch and they had a few different styles. I know they're expensive but they do hold up well.

Also saw some cute little booty shorts at Victoria Secret that I think would work well. You could wear them alone if you're confident, or under some comfy shorts if not.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

No.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    No. In fact, I probably wouldn't even notice.

• KenziesFrenzies
    Options

Of course not. Whatever gets you to the gym and doing your thing. I also don't judge the women there with their hair and makeup done or the people that are there in cotton or sweats or the people decked out in head to toe cute name brand stuff. We are all different in and out of the gym. Showing up is all you gotta do! Everyone should do what makes them most comfortable and most likely to come back the next day.

tumblr_inline_n52aaeL9Fe1rncncx.gif

Same here, I don't give a hoot or holler what any other person is doing or looks like in the gym. They showed up, that's all that matters. B)
    (My personal aversion to pantylines does not translate to judgement of others. Just like my aversion to gin doesn't translate to judging gin-drinkers.)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Some women, especially after having kids, can't go underwear-less to the gym because of stress incontinence when exerting effort to lift weights. So commando isn't a solution for everyone.
    If you have that problem, underwear alone won't be much of help anyway.

I haven't had kids but I do get that problem on occasion. So I wear a (ultra-thin) maxi-pad when I work out as "insurance". At the risk of TMI, the leak is usually very little--a teaspoon's worth, maybe. But that's still enough to be unpleasant, and maybe show, so I wear a pad.

(add: honestly it's very rare lifting weights, but of concern during Aikido if I take a hard fall.)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    I normally wear cotton bikini bottoms, and if I'm in capris or leggings, I just check my bum and smooth out the fabric if there's a VPL.

I'm also in LOVE with the little running shorts with the built-in dry-weave panties. I find it amazing that I can run and run and run and not get a wedgie, and I get airflow in places that desperately need airflow. I don't know why it took me so long to start wearing them.

What brands have you seen of these? :)

I've seen them a lot of places, actually, but they usually come as running shorts, and for me the shorts portion rides up between my legs to give me a front-wedgie.

I think Athleta may have a skort version, but all their stuff is expensive.