What diet do you follow

Options
I have tried Slimming World, and I've tried Calorie Counting BUT what diet works for you and why? What does is it consist of? How much weight have you lost, and how long did it take you to loose it?

Replies

• mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am about to start my new diet 'If It Fits Your Macros' i have read alot of amazing reviews about it and it's in my new LDNM Cutting Guide. If you don't know what it is, in short, it's calculating how many macronutrients you need to eat (Protein, Carbs and Fat) and Micronutrients (Minerals, Vitamins) for you to lose weight. As i said i havent started yet so i cant post any progress pictures but you can visit the LDNM website and you can look at the testimonials and progress selfies on the Bikini Guide and the results are pretty amazing!

I hope this helps i will be able to give you more information when i start my plan :)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I just went for CICO (calories in, calories out). If I was more health conscious I probably would have also done IIFYM (if it fits your macros), but didn't really have the dedication to worry about macros too. I just ate what I wanted within my calories and ate back my exercise calories if I did exercise (which was pretty rarely). I lost 55lbs (from 167lbs to 112lbs at 5'4) in 1yr 4 months (so about 0.8lbs/week on average).
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Bog standard count my calories, works better than anything else I tried against my own better judgement in the past. 24lbs down (and probably a little more as I don't think I know what my highest weight was). Taken about 6 months, 4 of those being really serious about it.

I don't get too hung up on macros. I eat back some exercise calories.

I exercise now too but that's for health and body appearance and happy bonus extra calories.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my MFP calorie limit.

I've lost 27.5 lbs in 100 days.
  • MelaniLight
    MelaniLight Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I started out following the CICO, but fell off the MFP wagon when I switched to nights. Now I'm back in action and am following a Primal diet, but am transitioning to Paleo. I have some health issues that prohibit me from eating gluten and dairy products, so these diets just make sense to me.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Nothing special

Base diet is lower carb with most carbs sourced from veggies

I eat 1800 or so calories

I like to take long bike rides. I add 50 carbs during a 30-40 mile ride.

Get about 50 g of protein that night

It is flexible to meet the demands of my exercise.

Seems blind adherence to a diet type is illogical since I practice bodybuilding and some occasional endurance type cardio to burn fat.

One thing for sure, I don't argue with people about diet. My strategy works great for me. But most people don't do what I do. I think it is best to understand your body so you can adjust as needed.

Your mileage may vary.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Diets per say don't work just as an FYI...diets are temporary changes to eating habits to aid in weight loss.
    restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight.

that is not necessary...eat the food you love crave want just in more reasonable portions following the calories goals given by MFP and there you go...weight loss.

I did that and have lost almost 60lbs
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I follow a program with the health and wellness company I work for.. I've been very successful as well as millons of others.. it works if you have 10 lbs or 200 lbs to lose... good for everyone of every lifestyle athletes to couch potatoes.
  • jonnysharpe
    jonnysharpe Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I took a two-step approach. Used a low calorie, 1-week diet to shed some weight, then shifted immediately to CICO. So far lost 8.5 pounds (3.9kg) and still going strong.
    I started almost exactly a month ago.
    Body composition hasn't changed as most of the weight came off my middle. I feel great, have more energy and my running is heading in the right direction.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am using MFP to track calories, custom adjusted to what my doctor suggested. I started on 12/29/2015 @ 337 pounds and as of this Monday I am at 201.6. It took about 6.5 months to lose 135 pounds. No exercise.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    duddysdad wrote: »
    I am using MFP to track calories, custom adjusted to what my doctor suggested. I started on 12/29/2015 @ 337 pounds and as of this Monday I am at 201.6. It took about 6.5 months to lose 135 pounds. No exercise.

That's awesome. I think people here will say it was too fast, but the doctor kinda trumps that. Good going.

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Seefood and eat it diet (counting calories). I've lost 17 pounds in 2 months. I'm down two belt loops. I have another 30 pounds to go before I switch to building muscle. My goal was 1.5lb/week, but I underestimated my activity level, so I've been losing at 2lb/week. Since I'm already at this level I figure I'll stay there until after vacation, where I am going to switch to 1.5lb/week and then to 1lb/week, and finally 0.5lb/week.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The only thing that actually causes weight loss is consuming fewer calories than you burn. Other diets only work because the incidentally cause a calorie deficit.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Calories in v's calories out. Burn more than you consume, it's the only 'diet' that works for me I have lost 49kg in 17 months
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm using Intermittent Fasting. I'm doing the 5:2 version. I've lost 25lbs this way.

I like this for several reasons. There's only two days a week I'm cutting to 500 cals. For me it teaches me what real hunger feels like and also that it's okay sometimes to go without. There's also a ton of benefits to fasting.
    For five days a week I eat to maintenance, that includes my exercise calories. This prevents me from feeling deprived. It also teaches to eat at maintenance which I'll need to know how to do when I get to goal. With MFP my calories are adjusted downwards in smaller increments as I lose weight using this method. Instead of the large drop required on a daily basis to lose the same amount of weight.
  • reginageorge72
    reginageorge72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Watch on youtube a video called SUGAR: THE BITTER TRUTH. Change your life. I eat like that now. Lost weight quickly. Plus always calorie count. Its vital
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you use a 'diet' you are most certainly doomed to fail in the long term....

• lewissheldon125
    lewissheldon125 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The only thing that actually causes weight loss is consuming fewer calories than you burn. Other diets only work because the incidentally cause a calorie deficit.

This is so true, my partner follows slimming world and most of her (an by proxy mine) meals are 1/3rd veggies/fruit and it works for her, i have been putting her recipe's into MFP as I calorie count and they almost always fit into my calorie deficit that MFP has calculated for me to lose weight so she is effectively on a lower calorie diet than she was before although it isnt labelled that way.

Same with the 5:2 diet, the 2 days are a major calorie deficit and this is what contributes to the weight loss although i am aware there are other health related benefits.

If you can commit to a calorie deficit with MFP and a little regular exercise (you don't need to be running marathons) you will lose weight in an controlled and healthy manner.
  • AlinaMek
    AlinaMek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    I started 2 weeks ago with the Leptin Diet. I wish to loose 21lbs and lost until now 3.3 lbs.
    In the first week it was really difficult, but since 3 days I don't feel cravings anymore ;)

The 5 rules of the Leptin Diet:
    Rule 1: Never eat after dinner.
    Rule 2: Eat three meals a day.
    Rule 3: Do not eat large meals.
    Rule 4: Eat a breakfast containing protein.
    Rule 5: Reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I follow the "eat anything you want, but not everything at once, and not all the time, and be less lazy" program. The name should be self-explanatory. I like it because I love food and I'm lazy.

I lost 45 pounds in one year, and five more while easing into maintenance.