Options
2»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    nadiB wrote: »
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Banting? Im the archbishop of Banterbury I am :-)

We could be Bant and Dec mate. Practically Barack Obanter. We should be sent to bantanamo bay for these right cheeky bants.

Mate I'm a bantasauras rex mate

This is exactly why I have not posted anything in years of using this site. I asked for honest support and success stories for a life decision I've made. If you are not able to contribute something good is it really necessary to make fun of people's choices. Disgusting behaviour for people on a site that is meant to be supportive.

You posted a thread without saying what the title meant. When people had a little fun with it, you get angry? It's just for fun. No comedies for you, then ,eh?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - I will just add that whatever tool you use - IF, LC, IIFYM etc - it all boils down to CICO = calories in vs calories out. One method id not superior to the other, it all boils down to what is sustainable for you. If you have struggled in the past then the reason is that you continue to eat more than you burn. So you may want to get the consumption side of things down first.

but good luck to you, and I hope that you get on track.
  • kathryntyne74
    kathryntyne74 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm assuming you aren't from the UK, because if you were you'd know that you'd got what you asked for. Banting is a very different activity over here to whatever you're describing...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sparky2.jpg
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Just spat my water all over my desk!! Hahaha banter brigade.
  • kathryntyne74
    Options
    That isn't a bantam is it? It's too big <insert *kitten* joke here.>
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

We could be Bant and Dec mate. Practically Barack Obanter. We should be sent to bantanamo bay for these right cheeky bants.

This is exactly why I have not posted anything in years of using this site. I asked for honest support and success stories for a life decision I've made. If you are not able to contribute something good is it really necessary to make fun of people's choices. Disgusting behaviour for people on a site that is meant to be supportive.

Wow that escalated quickly...

I always find it ironic that the person complaining about not feeling supported is the first one to throw out disparaging terms like "disgusting behavior".

OP people like to laugh and have a good time, especially on the Internet. This does not make them critical of your life choices. Most of them could care less about your life choices they are just having some pun, er, fun.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I always find it ironic that the person complaining about not feeling supported is the first one to throw out disparaging terms like "disgusting behavior".

OP people like to laugh and have a good time, especially on the Internet. This does not make them critical of your life choices. Most of them could care less about your life choices they are just having some pun, er, fun.

Kind of funny that puns have been labelled "disgusting behavior" too - since they are th G-Rated chosen humor of dads and crazy uncles everywhere.

BTW - I looked up "Banting" + "UK" and all I could find is the diet. I'm very curious about what this means accross the pond. Or is it too NSFMFP to share?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Kind of funny that puns have been labelled "disgusting behavior" too - since they are th G-Rated chosen humor of dads and crazy uncles everywhere.

BTW - I looked up "Banting" + "UK" and all I could find is the diet. I'm very curious about what this means accross the pond. Or is it too NSFMFP to share?

Banter is like... it's... uh... you know when you're with your mates, and you make great jokes and things when you're all chatting? That's banter. Mad banter. The bantom of the opera.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

Banter is like... it's... uh... you know when you're with your mates, and you make great jokes and things when you're all chatting? That's banter. Mad banter. The bantom of the opera.

Oh, well :P I knew that. Some of the above posts made it seem like I was missing out on some delightful British idiom. Sort of disappointed.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I'm American and only knew of the definition of banter as indicated here, like going back and forth jokingly with a friend. When I saw the title of the OP I thought that is what it was about (though I think the verb in that case would be bantering, not Banting) and it wasn't till someone commented that it is a LCHF diet that I figured it out. By that point the OP had turned what I thought was a fairly helpful thread, with a couple of clever puns, into a mean people thread and now I'm really confused because it's only Wednesday! At least in the U.S. Maybe it's Friday already in other parts of the world... ;)

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options

Top banter lads. I'm off to the copa cobanter with Bantonio Banteras and Banthony Hopkins for a can of Banta etc. :D
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

Oh, well :P I knew that. Some of the above posts made it seem like I was missing out on some delightful British idiom. Sort of disappointed.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cheeky-nandos

• kathryntyne74
    Options
    Banting is the present tense of banter, but it's usually said to be peculiar to us because no-one else seems to regard insults as part of normal friendly conversation. Usually it refers not to witty repartee of the Churchillian variety, but calling people *very* offensive things as a sign that you like them. Not your Grandma though, you wouldn't call her a wanker.
  • kathryntyne74
    Options
    I've never ever heard of the diet btw, I guess it's the latest incarnation of Atkins?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I know someone already linked to Know Your Meme, but I'm going to post this anyway.

adb.jpg
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    There's a TV show in the UK called The Inbetweeners. It's about 4 lads in their late teens / early 20's and "banter" appears heavily. They call it bantz. It's really funny. Youtube the inbetweeners movie 2.

Or search "bant" in the script.
    http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=the-inbetweeners-2