What diet do you follow

Options

Replies

• Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting 16/8 daily along with the Warrior Shredding programme from Kinobody
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    AlinaMek wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)
    I started 2 weeks ago with the Leptin Diet. I wish to loose 21lbs and lost until now 3.3 lbs.
    In the first week it was really difficult, but since 3 days I don't feel cravings anymore ;)

The 5 rules of the Leptin Diet:
    Rule 1: Never eat after dinner.
    Rule 2: Eat three meals a day.
    Rule 3: Do not eat large meals.
    Rule 4: Eat a breakfast containing protein.
    Rule 5: Reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten.
    Why? Why? Why would any of those rules work better than just eating at a deficit?
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Alternate Day Fasting. It just suits me and over two months in its very easy and sustainable.

Aside from that I use MFP to log everything I eat, not necessarily for weight loss as ADF takes care of that surprisingly well, but to adjust how much protein, fibre etc I'm getting. Not so much a diet however; I plan to everyday fast for the rest of my life for the health implications and how much better my body feels now.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    AlinaMek wrote: »

The 5 rules of the Leptin Diet:
    Rule 1: Never eat after dinner.
    Rule 2: Eat three meals a day.
    Rule 3: Do not eat large meals.
    Rule 4: Eat a breakfast containing protein.
    Rule 5: Reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten.

I would never survive on this. Maybe Rule 3, but 'large' meal could be anything. There have been some days where I've gotten 50% of my calories from one meal. Some days I eat 5 or 6 times.

Why never eat after dinner? Someone is going to lose an arm if they try and take my frozen yogurt from me at bedtime. I don't think you really *have* to eat breakfast.

I don't know if these are more myths than helpful eating habits.

• jonnysharpe
    jonnysharpe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    if you use a 'diet' you are most certainly doomed to fail in the long term....

Can you elaborate on this?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would say mine is the eat whatever I like version, but after trying that for the first two months and feeling like half starved crap most of the time, it has morphed into "eat a balance of healthy stuff in the week and make room for something delicious in my calories once a weekend, or every few weeks or so".

NOT to be mistaken for "cheat" days. I don't cheat and don't like to beat myself up about anything. I work stuff into my calories and make decisions about everything I put in my mouth. I made a happy and conscious decision to eat less biscuits and chocolate, but if I really feel the urge, I find a way to fit them in.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want that fits my macro and calorie goals. Sometimes it's chicken breast and broccoli, sometimes it's cake and ice cream, sometimes it's pork loin and zucchini, sometimes it's Lucky Charms and cinnamon toast. And sometimes on some glorious days, it's Tex-Mex. I think today is going to be Tex-Mex.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting, vegetarian, low added sugar and processed grained diet.
    And beachbody workouts.

Why? Calorie counting keeps we honest about the Amount of food I eat.

I started losing weight as I became more consistent with logging my food and adding exercise. I purposely decided NOT to go all in when I began. I took baby steps like eating more fresh food, skipping added sugar (read added calories), weighing calorie dense foods like nuts and not going back for more.
    It took me 4 months to add in 4 days of exercise.....I am up to 5 days of vigorous exercise.
    I chose Beachbody because of previous experience, the programs work. They are boxed easily...you do not have to do a ton of research, everything you need to reach your goal is included....good enough for me. I dug out Hip Hop abs this spring and went for it...i dropped 4 inches off my waiste...i moved to insanity...i have lost about 8lbs. Total since beginning in Jan from my highest logged weight 15lbs. I have 40lbs to go and as I clean my diet and get more active.....the weight will continue to drop.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sounds like the leptin diet works because:

1) most peoples' after dinner eating is usually high calorie ( think cookies, ice cream, chips, buttered popcorn). Skip that, and you Eliminate those calories.

2) Eating 3 meals a day ensures you are eating eating at regular intervals, so you are less likely to binge.

3) No large meals = fewer calories

4)Breakfast containing protein= You'll feel fuller longer and not have blood sugar spikes

5) Reduce carbs. Most of the carbs weeat are refined and full of calories. Reduce those , you reduce your caloric intake, and losee weight.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

Same with the 5:2 diet, the 2 days are a major calorie deficit and this is what contributes to the weight loss although i am aware there are other health related benefits.

If you can commit to a calorie deficit with MFP and a little regular exercise (you don't need to be running marathons) you will lose weight in an controlled and healthy manner.

I'm aware that the 5:2 is causing the deficit as should anyone with half a brain be. She was asking what methods people were using to cut calories (diet). The 5:2 is just my preferred method.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Dawn410 wrote: »

1) most peoples' after dinner eating is usually high calorie ( think cookies, ice cream, chips, buttered popcorn). Skip that, and you Eliminate those calories.

2) Eating 3 meals a day ensures you are eating eating at regular intervals, so you are less likely to binge.

4)Breakfast containing protein= You'll feel fuller longer and not have blood sugar spikes

5) Reduce carbs. Most of the carbs weeat are refined and full of calories. Reduce those , you reduce your caloric intake, and losee weight.
    1) Not if you just move those calories to earlier in the day.

2) 2 meals a day and 6 meals a day could also occur at regular intervals.

3) Not if you eat more at the smaller meals to make up for the calories missing from the large meal.

4) What if you don't feel hungry in the morning?

5) Carbs have four calories per gram, regardless of how refined or not they are.

It sounds like most of your reasons for believing the leptin diet works comes down to fewer calories. Any approach in which you eat less than you burn will work.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

3) Not if you eat more at the smaller meals to make up for the calories missing from the large meal.

5) Carbs have four calories per gram, regardless of how refined or not they are.

It sounds like most of your reasons for believing the leptin diet works comes down to fewer calories. Any approach in which you eat less than you burn will work.

I think that's her point... she wasn't the one originally saying she's on the leptin diet. She's just trying to find reasons why that diet might lead to you losing weight.
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CICO. I try to eat healthy most of the time but haven't band any foods or food groups.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

I think that's her point... she wasn't the one originally saying she's on the leptin diet. She's just trying to find reasons why that diet might lead to you losing weight.
    Except her reasons don't make sense. Why is three meals a day "regular intervals" but six isn't, for example? If her point is that lower calories works then, yeah, that's great, but there's no reason to have to jump through those silly hoops to get lower calories.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I follow a program with the health and wellness company I work for.. I've been very successful as well as millons of others.. it works if you have 10 lbs or 200 lbs to lose... good for everyone of every lifestyle athletes to couch potatoes.

n99gejuqbyxb.jpg

Xyngular is an MLM scam. To anyone interested in learning about it, Google "Xyngular scam" and you'll find many informative links like this:

http://chloeofthemountain.com/faith/xyngular-scam/
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    My weight loss plan? CI<CO and walking.

And I've lost 50 lbs.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I used the MFP 'eat less' diet. Lost over 60 pounds in 9 months.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The diabetic diet because.,,was diabetic. Not low carb, but all macros in moderation. I tracked my calories on MFP and had the help of a dietitian. Just under two years and ninety pounds down. I try and include a little protein in every meal, snack. I have a personal philosophy that all food is lovely and I ride my cravings rather than deny myself.

For instance if I am craving chocolate I might dip a strawberry in Nutella.