How much does everyone pay monthly for gym? and what do you get with that?

mitchelsimps
mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
:)

Replies

• las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    I pay $54 quarterly through my employer for access to their facility.

First floor: Olympic pool & diving boards (L/H), two hot tubs, sauna, steam room, locker rooms, maybe 15 treadmills and around 50-60 weight machines, a couple rowing machines, a free weights section, a room I call the "bulk room" which is full of really huge people dead lifting houses and such, 2 spin rooms, a multi-purpose classroom, a yoga nook, and a smoothie bar.

Second floor: 4 multi-purpose classrooms, maybe 15 ellipticals, a variety of stair masters, maybe 10 bikes, more yoga nooks.

Third floor: Indoor track, yoga atrium, more rowing machines and a few ellipticals, 2 basketball courts, ballet/yoga studio(?), and a couple of ping pong tables.

On holidays the gym closes, so there is a smaller building available with weight machines, ellipticals, treadmills, etc. that we can use.
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    That is so epic well worth the money for you then
  • las07s
    Oh and like 5-6 raquetball courts on the first floor. I forgot
  • las07s
    That is so epic well worth the money for you then

Oh yeah, there is nothing in town that compares to it. It's amazing.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Damn! I need a job that has that. That is awesome!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    My gym is spendy at about $85/month. I'd explain the amenities, but it's easier to link the website. clubwoodside.com/
  • Mgonza55
    Mgonza55 Posts: 14 Member
    $48(XSPORT)--DAYCARE/ACCESS TO ALL LOCATIONS/CLASSES
    Switching to this $10/month one because I do not use any of those amenities .
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    $0. :sunglasses:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2015
    $70 per month
    2 adults + 2 kids

Pool
    Weight room (with squat rack & power cage)
    Cardio room
    Track
    Basketball Court
    Fitness Classes included in monthly price (Kickboxing, Boot Camp, Zumba, etc should I ever choose to go)
    Child Watch for up to 2hrs 6 days a week
    Sauna
    Locker rooms
    Showers (there are a few gyms around me that don't have showers)

• brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    $33.50/month/person. Xsport also. All equipment (lots), weights, basketball court, lap pool, hot tub, infinite pool, wet snd dry sauna, all group exercise classes (lots and very good). Daycare is $1/hour/per child. Love love love it.
  • amyfjones611
    amyfjones611 Posts: 2 Member
    I do Planet Fitness for $20.00 a month. Machines, Cardio equipment, tanning bed, massage chairs and hydro massage bed. The $20.00 allows me to visit other PF's which is perfect as I work very close to one in another city and can go before work. Or go to my home gym on the weekends. I am also able to bring someone with me.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    $17.99 LA Fitness. It took over a local gym and I joined the local gym many years ago during their presale.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    $60 per year for the local Adult Wellness Center- you have to be 50 to join. Besides the usual cardio equipment, there's a walking track, 2 pools, gymnasium, classrooms, library, and a full range of equipment for strength training. The down side is the hours are only 7 - 7 M-F and 8-12 on Saturday.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    I just joined Planet Fitness for $10 a month. It's much better than my old gym I was paying more for.

Lots of circuit machines (and more than one of each kind), lots of cardio equipment (treadmills, bikes, arc trainers, etc.)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    $10 and you get.... a gym. No classes. No trainers. Just a gym. Cardio machines (a lot of them), free weights, weight machines, and some other tools to use. But it's a gym.
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    I have an in-home gym with all the equipment I like to use. My husband's working on getting heavy weights to add to the collection.

But I do pay $89 / month for a membership to a local fitness class center. The membership includes unlimited Barre, Pilates, Reformer, and TRX classes. It's definitely expensive, but worth every penny IMO. It's exercise I look forward to.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    £10.99 a month, which is roughly $17 I believe. That's cardio machines, free weights, weights machines, kettlebells, TRX, etc. Some classes but they aren't very good.
    I'm not interested in classes though, and it's open 24 hours, so suits me. ;)
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2015
    £17.99 a month. Used to pay £15.99 at my old gym (with 24 hour access) but I never used it, it was dirty, and rammed with creepy people. for £17.99 I get a gym with decent opening hours, proactive cleaners, and friendly/helpful staff.

Edit: oh right, they do classes if you want them, too.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    las07s wrote: »
    I pay $54 quarterly through my employer for access to their facility.

First floor: Olympic pool & diving boards (L/H), two hot tubs, sauna, steam room, locker rooms, maybe 15 treadmills and around 50-60 weight machines, a couple rowing machines, a free weights section, a room I call the "bulk room" which is full of really huge people dead lifting houses and such, 2 spin rooms, a multi-purpose classroom, a yoga nook, and a smoothie bar.

Second floor: 4 multi-purpose classrooms, maybe 15 ellipticals, a variety of stair masters, maybe 10 bikes, more yoga nooks.

Third floor: Indoor track, yoga atrium, more rowing machines and a few ellipticals, 2 basketball courts, ballet/yoga studio(?), and a couple of ping pong tables.

On holidays the gym closes, so there is a smaller building available with weight machines, ellipticals, treadmills, etc. that we can use.

So . . . . are they hiring? lol
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I've just joined a Pure Gym and it's £18.99 a month. Good selection of equipment, reasonable range of classes, including some short lunchtime ones. No pool or other fancy bits.