Ladies: Let's Talk About Knickers

Options

Replies

• jessmcd1986
    jessmcd1986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I actually don't give two hoots about my "panty line", as I'm always red faced and sweating like a hooker in church, so seeing the outline of my undies is the least of my worries. The only issue I have is when I egt massive wedgies while doing squats and have to pick it out ha ha ha!
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I prefer thin cotton thongs, but I buy them a size bigger (helps to prevent the 'front floss' effect during squats)than I usually wear and find this is best for me. I have tried many 'seam free' options in both shorts, and briefs, even over priced ones aimed at exercisers, but they always end up sausaged between my cheeks! very uncomfortable! I don't like the thought of going commando myself, but have nothing against it.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've found a brand called 'Gym Honey' that does really comfortable underwear for workouts. I got mine at TK Maxx where they're really cheap, not sure where else it's stocked, but all the ones I've bought are great for me.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Comando all the way. I started this spring and I have no idea why I didn't ditch the underwear while working out years ago.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome.

I buy training shorts that specifically come with a liner so that I don't have to wear underwear. Do they not have something similar for women?
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed with all the commando at the gym ladies. I feel like I'm too ~modest and would be neurotically worried somehow that my pants weren't effectively covering me up. I do some light lifting and run in my gym, and I wear just plain old cotton bikini cut underwear (sometimes silkier), and I've never had a wedgie problem (and I squat). I know there are lots of running shorts designed to be worn without underwear - so you may want to go that route.

If you're not a fan of going underwear-less, you may just need to do some trial and error with the pants you prefer to work out in. It might not be an underwear problem but just an issue of the two types of material resisting each other and working their way up your behind.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    This thread is awesome.

I buy training shorts that specifically come with a liner so that I don't have to wear underwear. Do they not have something similar for women?

They do make these. The ones that I have found are too short for my liking. I haven't really looked online, just in stores, though.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As a guy the shorts I wear to the gym are fairly loose fitting so I don't worry much about pantylines (though they likely show during squats and deadlifts). Its hot here in Florida so the synthetic fabric panties that have some wicking ability are a better choice over cotton during a workout. I usually wear the Vanity Fair bikinis from Macy's on days I strength train.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I have legitimately made a list of all the suggestions of brands/styles, I'm on a freaking MISSION to solve this problem once and for all. B)
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    H&M £3 G string - perfect ;)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Big ol' boy shorts. I like Maidenform brand because they come up to about the navel and down over your hips onto the tops of your legs. They don't ride up or work their way down, and they come up and down enough that it won't show lines. They're also pretty and lacy.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I normally wear cotton bikini bottoms, and if I'm in capris or leggings, I just check my bum and smooth out the fabric if there's a VPL.

I'm also in LOVE with the little running shorts with the built-in dry-weave panties. I find it amazing that I can run and run and run and not get a wedgie, and I get airflow in places that desperately need airflow. I don't know why it took me so long to start wearing them.
  • michablar
    michablar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Commando every time.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't care about panty lines, so I just wear bikini cut. They don't ride up as easily. They're fine on the treadmill, elliptical, and bench, but they still migrate during squats and some other leg machines. If you don't want panty lines, go commando. If you don't want to risk heat rash, sweat issues, etc. just give up your fear of panty lines and wear comfortable cotton bikini underwear.
  • VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    michablar wrote: »
    Commando every time.

Me too. Capri/bike shorts/tight fitting whatever they are called, none needed. For short running shorts I always get the kind with the built in liner. I can't deal with undies when I workout!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Victoria Secret PINK no hem briefs are high cut and minimal panty lines. If you can see them they are cut nice on the tush - doesn't took like you're wearing granny panties, at least. If I don't have those available I just wear a longer shirt. The really cheap Walmart cotton thongs are great for compression pants, they run a little bigger, lay flat on your body, and have some stretch.
  • michablar
    michablar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aren't you at the gym to workout...why are you worrying about a pantyline showing #getyourprioritiesinorder

#WhyDontYouReadTheOriginalPost
    #NotDirectedAtYouBro

buhbye.gif

It's not about a "pantyline showing"; It's about being comfortable while working out so you can completely focus on your workout. Men...
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret PINK no hem briefs are high cut and minimal panty lines.

Hmm, I may have to give those a try.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bump