Who is your motivator or supporter?

Options
prettyleelee
prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
So I began my weight loss in March I started counting every step I made reaching for my 10,000 steps a day. In May I really ramped up my efforts I started running and lifting again down 32lbs. I choose to become healthy for myself so I could enjoy my life a lot longer an healthier. Through my journey I have had one GREAT partner. He gets out and runs with me when we run at home. He does boot camp with me right beside me even when its hard for him he pushes me and says "mom we got this" even if I know he's running out of energy. You can even catch him Thursday nights shaking his little booty while we do our WERQ class *like zumba but with hip hop. I am so very lucky to have this little man be in my life and walk through this journey with me. *This is us after boot camp yesterday

So my question is who's your partner your motivator?

403gs5ljwkf6.jpg

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My competitive spirit is my motivator. The person that I really want to get into better shape is my support and funny for claiming his genetics are better than mine. Maybe they are. We shall see.
  • prettyleelee
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    My competitive spirit is my motivator. The person that I really want to get into better shape is my support and funny for claiming his genetics are better than mine. Maybe they are. We shall see.

When I started it was because of my competitive spirit me and a girl at work had a step competition. She has since stopped really working for it and I have drawn it out further than a competition and am glad I have.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

When I started it was because of my competitive spirit me and a girl at work had a step competition. She has since stopped really working for it and I have drawn it out further than a competition and am glad I have.

My friend not only says that talks about his future kids having god like genetics.

For me to beat him he weigh 165lb

bench press 315
    Deadlift 500
    squat 450

He is shredded but people think he takes steroids. I am like he has been lifting weights for over a decade at age 27. He went through three years of counting calories for his bulk and cut phases

I got a long way to go before I become the strongest friend in the crew. I want to try though.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My motivator is me. No special supporter, just everyone on mfp. The will to stick to it and do the work has to come from within.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's just me every step of the way.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nobody.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It's just me every step of the way.

There is a reason why I use my friend as a support to want to be better than him. I am very skew from him and it happened about 8 years ago.
  • crumbliss2010
    crumbliss2010 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My sister! I'm her motivator, she's mine! Twins stick together in things! I got her into MFP :) can't wait to see how our journey looks in a year!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Myself! Only person that can make me do anything is myself. Many have inspired me but the rest is up to me.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    ME.
  • prettyleelee
    Options
    I am doing my journey for myself because I can not do it for anyone else I decided I needed it. However it is always nice to have someone there to support you through that journey. Someone who can remind you that no matter what you got this. Also things get tough but they still have faith in you.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Myself! Only person that can make me do anything is myself. Many have inspired me but the rest is up to me.

Pretty much this. I don't have people encouraging me at my home life. No one telling me to go for it. No one doing this with me (my mom does a little, but I really don't see her often enough for it to be constant). And that's the way I prefer it.

Still, they are part of my inspiration. If I didn't get healthier, I was setting my wife up for caring for an unhealthy husband or worse I may have been setting her up to be a widowed single parent. I was setting my son up to have a lazy dad who couldn't get off the couch to go shoot hoops. So in that respect, they are part of my motivation in how I motivate myself.
  • LilacRose60
    LilacRose60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was going to try weight watchers, but the cost is prohibitive. So I decided to join MFP again, the group here is very supportive and help keep a person motivated. Glad I did too!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Me, myself, and I
  • prettyleelee
    Options
    I think you should always be your own motivator and you should be on this journey for yourself. However I feel having strong motivators in your life is a key part as well. I am so thankful I found the forums on this website to be a strong supporter as well.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think you should always be your own motivator and you should be on this journey for yourself. However I feel having strong motivators in your life is a key part as well.

I agree! It starts with me, but I am lucky and grateful to have a great support system. My daughters are my biggest supporters, but my whole family if fairly supportive. My husband is good at keeping me grounded, because I have a tendency to get a little OCD at times. He's the one that told me to put the food scale away, which some would see as bad, but it was very good for me.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Aw! OP, that is so sweet. You must be doing something right to have such a great kid!
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My dog.

He's a big dog with high energy. Walking him is my main form of exercise. Knowing he needs his walk as much I do gives me that extra push on days I'd rather just sit on the couch.
    Plus he loves to run and always wants to go faster, so he also pushes me to increase my pace.
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My neighbor is trying to lose weight so we always message back & forth about it keeping each other motivated. We also exercise together & things like that. My biggest supporter would be my husband. I'm 5"4 159 lbs.. we just had 2 kids back to back my youngest is almost 4 months.. He always tells me I look good the way I am but he knows I want to lose a little bit of weight so he supports me (:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends exercise, and we're all supportive of each other, no matter where we are in the process or what our motivations are. Some people are athletic, and others are exercising because of illnesses, to be healthier.