Whats the worst thing to eat that makes YOU gain weight?

Options

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the food that is consumed after hitting calorie maintenance is the one that leads to gaining weight.
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I still eat bad foods every now & then but they don't make me gain weight bc I eat them in proportion & don't go over my calories for the day.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Me personally? Alcohol.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

ice-cream-mini-011.JPG

What is this, ice cream for ants?
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    tomofnj wrote: »
    My pre-dinner Big Macs.

That would do it for sure.

This might seem weird but milk seems to have made a big difference for me, and I've never had a lactose issue or anything else of the sort. It's that I found that 5 - 6 coffee's a day, with 1/2 cup 2% milk @~70 cals each, adds up to a butt load of liquid calories I had to work my *kitten* off to get rid of.

Back on the black no sugar jag and loving it. I can grab a cup anytime, everytime.
    Don't judge my caffeine intake. o:)
    Good luck :)

Weird question, but I currently drink my coffee with milk and sugar and really want to transition into having black coffee with no sugar... at the moment that tastes a bit bleh though. How long did it take for you to get used to it?
  • StaceyWalks
    StaceyWalks Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cheese !
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Snacking in general is my weakness. I had to pretty much cut it out completely. I eat cereal when I need something now to snack on... easier to control. There are very few things I will eat... so I stick to the same few meals, and cutting out snacks it easiest because if I don't have crackers, cookies, poptarts in the house I can't eat them on autopilot. lol
  • chaniluv
    chaniluv Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Liquid calories. I managed to gain a lot of weight over two years practically eating nothing - I typically only ate once a day - just because I was drinking so much darn soda! (Over a 12-pack each day.) When I quit soda cold turkey, I tried some alternatives. I didn't care much for the Crystal Light, so I tried tea and coffee. I had to add sugar/milk to those to make them bearable, so I ended up with a lesser evil. I'm drinking Coke Zero now and weaning myself off slowly, but it's torture.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Eating like a hobbit; breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. In other words, grazing all day. And candy of course. I'm more of a sweets person than a savory one.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Eating more than my body needs to maintain its weight would cause me to gain fat.

Lots of things cause me to retain water. I don't pay them much mind.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    galaxyem wrote: »
    I found that eating a lot of fried food or candy gets me to gain weight. What makes you gain a lot of weight? Are you still eating it or did u cut down?

There's no way i could eat 2500 cals worth of "heathy food" a day.

Oh I could. Easily.

Right? I can (and have) eaten much more in "healthy" food.

For me it's Oreos. I cannot eat just a couple. I have to eat all of them. So I usually just don't eat them
  • chaniluv
    chaniluv Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    rachelbouc wrote: »
    Eating like a hobbit; breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. In other words, grazing all day. And candy of course. I'm more of a sweets person than a savory one.
    I love you for using this simile.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

ice-cream-mini-011.JPG

That is what a true portion for a single serving of ice cream looks like.

• Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    tomofnj wrote: »
    My pre-dinner Big Macs.

That would do it for sure.

This might seem weird but milk seems to have made a big difference for me, and I've never had a lactose issue or anything else of the sort. It's that I found that 5 - 6 coffee's a day, with 1/2 cup 2% milk @~70 cals each, adds up to a butt load of liquid calories I had to work my *kitten* off to get rid of.

Back on the black no sugar jag and loving it. I can grab a cup anytime, everytime.
    Don't judge my caffeine intake. o:)
    Good luck :)

Weird question, but I currently drink my coffee with milk and sugar and really want to transition into having black coffee with no sugar... at the moment that tastes a bit bleh though. How long did it take for you to get used to it?

When I first drank coffee i drank it with so much sugar. then i started weening myself off. I bought sugar in the raw in PACKETS! I started with 2 packs. (10 grams) then 1.5 and worked my way back down to nothing. honestly 1 packet of sugar is 20 calories 5grams of sugar so if you cant drink with out sugar it its not the WORST. But at least i knew how much I was taken in :)
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wine by the bottle.
    Oh Yeah! Mmmm, chardonay!

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

ice-cream-mini-011.JPG

That is what a true portion for a single serving of ice cream looks like.

giphy.gif
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Greasy fast food. I can eat a lot of it, feel like garbage yet be hungry 2 hours later and since I already ate a Big Mac may as well eat...

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

ice-cream-mini-011.JPG

I prefer

brpocho182bm.jpg

Same amount or less (it's supposed to represent a serving size in a small bowl), multiple flavors if one wants, and no eating out of the package.

If I scoop ice cream into the bowl, I'm perfectly happy with the amount I scoop in.

If I were to eat out of the pint, would I eat closer to half the pint, or be tempted to? Most likely, so I don't.

I think sometimes people think they can't stop eating when they are giving themselves cues (like eating out of a package that contains way more than a serving size) that of course contribute to that bad habit.

If I load my plate with pasta OR chicken I'll be tempted to eat it all, but that has nothing to do with an inability to control my consumption of either. It's because I have a stupid habit of wanting to clean my plate. So I am careful to control what I put on my plate.
  • sirna731
    sirna731 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    alcohol, I'll have a glass of wine about once a month now.