What diet do you follow

Options
12346»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs calories out...... 78lb in 7 months.... then I switched to fasting 3 days a week & eating what I want the other days.....now 3 years later & I'm still doing it that way & have kept all my weight off easily. This is how I'll eat for the rest of my life. ........ and I love that.
  • Blondiez73
    Blondiez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SJCP190815 wrote: »
    I have tried Slimming World, and I've tried Calorie Counting BUT what diet works for you and why? What does is it consist of? How much weight have you lost, and how long did it take you to loose it?

I had to make a permanent lifestyle change. Everything else that I have tried in the past I would lose and then gain all the weight back, and plus some. I got sick of being SICK! I got sick of gaining weight. I got sick of making excuses. I got sick of being fat. I got sick of being unhealthy. I got sick of feeling tired. I got sick of the scale not moving. I got sick of being constipated.

So, I changed.

I went vegetarian first and now I am fully High Carb Low Fat Vegan. I have never felt better in my life! It is the best decision I have ever made, no regrets. Every day is a cheat day. I am eating what I love, and my body loves what I eat. It shows. I can feel it. You are what you eat.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Today exactly 9 months ago i started MFP weighing and counting calories (CICO)
    Didnt cut out anything i only dont use salt for medical reasons

I lost 101 pounds :)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly whole foods, mostly Mediterranean style, and mostly plant foods. I put everything into MFP and pay attention to macros and micros. I'm having fun with it, which is important when others around me are having cookies.
  • RivalZero
    RivalZero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I mainly use the "calories in calories out" method. I've always struggled with portion sizing so it really helps me control how much I eat. I also try to limit processed and junk food to once a week, and I generally avoid gluten as it gives me really bad GI problems.

It's been working great so far; I've lost 10lbs in a month and a half and have a lot more energy!
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Eat wholesome foods in sensible combinations ... and potato chips.
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was on this program where you ate every 2-3 hours...usually worked out to 3 snacks and 3 meals a day. You didn't have to give up carbs or sweets, just had to eat the right combination of protein and fast/slow carbs and stay within a specific calorie range. Snacks could be anything, just had to be in the calorie range. I was never hungry and i lost 18 pounds in about 3 months. Not alot, but i was happy. Now i follow it to some degree plus I calorie count. I've lost about 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I love MFP!
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best way to do it is to just eat what you want, and log it to make sure you're eating within your calorie goals. Most diet plans are not sustainable long-term, so eventually you'll get sick of it and go back to eating whatever. So many people lose weight and then gain it all back this way, all because they never learned how to just eat normally in a healthy way.

As much as I wish there were a miracle weight loss plan, there really isn't. Just try to make good food choices most of the time, and make sure you're eating a good amount of calories for your activity level.
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a diet. I eat what I want within my limits and I eat healthy unless I eat bad socially, and tbh, it's not really eating bad per se - I call it eating bad because I eat like that to fit my needs emotionally and physically. Sometimes I'll eat candy or cake or ice cream. I've lost 80 lbs over about 10 months and I've maintained it on and off. I'm currently working on my next 30, then the last 20 to my goal. Down from 265 lbs. Best of luck!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    For the most part I eat a whole foods diet. I say for the most part, because to be honest I eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calorie goals for the day. But my main diet is made up of whole unpacked foods such as fresh chicken, steak, fish, fruit and vegetables. Make no mistake I don't do this to loose weight or because I'm trying to be super healthy or anything. This is just how I eat normally. I BBQ a meat and I steam a vegetable and I eat fruit for my snacks. That's how I've always eaten...the problem is I was overeating. Now instead of a 16 oz steak I have a 8 oz steak and so on and so on.

My advice to you would be to simply eat what you've always eaten just eat smaller portions of those foods. And then here and there try and pick out some healthier food options as you go along. Don't do anything too drastic to your diet. Just stick to your calorie goal and start moving a little bit more than you did before. Do that and you will lose the weight. The absolute best diet for you is the one you can stick to long term.

That kind of makes me cringe. I have touched my steamer in years now that I've discovered roasting for my veggies. I just like the flavor so much better. The last time I pulled out my steamer, it's because a friend wanted to cook boudain. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of it because it's just taking up space...

I'm a green beans and broccoli kind of person and they just don't do so well being roasted. Now with potatoes, carrots or zucchini I'll give you those. But I've got a really good seasoning that I put on my green beans and broccoli after they're steamed that makes them delicious. I even have my 13 year old asking for more. Top that. :)
  • EnriqueLuviano
    EnriqueLuviano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    iifym aka flexible dieting . Best thing that has ever happened
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    This weekend will be high protein and fat

Planning about 80 miles on the bike.

Will be low carb and working on the fat adapted endurance exercise thing.

Very specific diet for that kind of exercise load.

But through the week I always eat to my activity level and type

Diet type is potentially too confining for my goals. So I just learn what is good to eat for what goals and use a logical approach

IIFYM I guess it could be called with a focus on vegetable based carbs and lean protein and the core.

It works for me
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for pointing out that the x plan I follow is a scam which it is high protein/low carb with carb cycling. If you only knew my history you would have known that I have done less CICO, been to a dietician for years, worked out rigorously weekly, ate less crap, no pop and lots of veggie and protein. With not being able to budge a pound, I have FINALLY been able to lose weight and inches following X plan and using their supplements.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for pointing out that the x plan I follow is a scam which it is high protein/low carb with carb cycling. If you only knew my history you would have known that I have done less CICO, been to a dietician for years, worked out rigorously weekly, ate less crap, no pop and lots of veggie and protein. With not being able to budge a pound, I have FINALLY been able to lose weight and inches following X plan and using their supplements.

Congratulations on finding an approach that works for you, but at the end of the day, if you are losing weight, it is because you've created a calorie deficit, i.e. CI<CO. Everyone, whether losing, maintaining or gaining, is following CICO as that describes an energy balance between calories consumed vs calories burned. It's not a diet, per se.

I'm not sure which program you are following so I'm not sure if it is a scam but regardless, it is the calorie deficit that is causing you to lose weight.