Happy but mad at myself

Options
I'm so glad that I found this site and proud of myself for finally putting in the effort to lose this weight. I'm down 18 pounds since the end of March, which is a huge accomplishment since I've started and failed more times than I can count. I'm happy, but still mad at myself for letting the weight pile on in the first place. I'm making good progress and I want to stay positive and focused. I have 40 pounds left and I'm not giving up this time. I just need to find a way to squash those negative thoughts. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and WTG on your loss! Just keep getting it.
  • Blondiez73
    Blondiez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TamLam99 wrote: »
    I'm so glad that I found this site and proud of myself for finally putting in the effort to lose this weight. I'm down 18 pounds since the end of March, which is a huge accomplishment since I've started and failed more times than I can count. I'm happy, but still mad at myself for letting the weight pile on in the first place. I'm making good progress and I want to stay positive and focused. I have 40 pounds left and I'm not giving up this time. I just need to find a way to squash those negative thoughts. Can anyone relate?

Yes, I think we all can relate. I wish you the best on your journey.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Regret doesn't burn any calories. :)

The future is the only thing that you have any control over now.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive vibes :)

If regret did burn calories I would have wasted away by now.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    first step is to really let go all that anger or regret! at least that what I did and believe me, don't even ask me how the hell I let my self get 150 lbs overweight -.- . I'm just thankful that the same body that once inflated like a balloon :o is now shrinking and responding to my weight loss efforts <3

take those progress pictures and love that damn body that is going to become anything that you want
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Well said.
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive vibes :)

If regret did burn calories I would have wasted away by now.

I think most humans) can agree with that statement. Regret is a part of being human. But not a particularly useful part. It goes in the same category as "What if..." questions. (And I don't mean the kind of what if questions such as the book by Randall Munroe in the book called "What If...")
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    yes..I am 170.2 lbs, down 30 lbs since Dec 21, 2014. Im happy with my progress, but 170.2 lbs is still overweight for a woman my height where I am 5' 3 1/2" tall.I gained weight through emotional eating and quitting cigarettes. Im glad I don't smoke anymore but now I have to work off the weight gain.as for emotional eating I've been doing it lately, so Im trying to replace eating with something positive like online gaming(candy crush maybe), or walking even more.
  • mwebster01
    Options

+1

• mwebster01
    Options

Well said.

I agree with you, I gave him a +1

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Concentrate on now and your successes. It will take as long as it takes. It took me a year to lose 30lb.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    lots of great advice, I appreciate it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I actually don't regret getting so big. I honestly can say that I enjoyed all the eating that came with it... no regrets for all the times I've stuffed my face, honestly. I love food.

The difference now is that I have kids and I want to be healthy for them, so I restrict myself. I still miss being able to eat what I want without worrying about calories, but it's my choice.