Whats the worst thing to eat that makes YOU gain weight?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tomofnj wrote: »
    My pre-dinner Big Macs.

That would do it for sure.

This might seem weird but milk seems to have made a big difference for me, and I've never had a lactose issue or anything else of the sort. It's that I found that 5 - 6 coffee's a day, with 1/2 cup 2% milk @~70 cals each, adds up to a butt load of liquid calories I had to work my *kitten* off to get rid of.

Back on the black no sugar jag and loving it. I can grab a cup anytime, everytime.
    Don't judge my caffeine intake. o:)
    Good luck :)

Weird question, but I currently drink my coffee with milk and sugar and really want to transition into having black coffee with no sugar... at the moment that tastes a bit bleh though. How long did it take for you to get used to it?

I never liked sugar in coffee, but in college my coffee was about half milk, half coffee. At some point after I was out of school I got in my head that adults drank their coffee black (and plus I never really liked those non dairy things and you couldn't always easily get milk when getting coffee at a meeting), so I started just putting in less until I got used to it and then less and so on and was surprised at how quickly I started liking it black.

Trying better coffees can make this easier, though (although you definitely can't count on that at a work meeting either).
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    not drinking water! ive found that if I had days all equal and was eating the same food, I will lose if im drinking my water, and I wont lose if im not :(
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    baked goods. I love baking. And I bake as a way to make myself feel better (I like to feed other people when I'm upset, apparently). Also, those are the most tempting things when I go out with friends to cafes or sandwich shops.

I do also bake good things, like multigrain bread for the house, and sourdough breads. Much tastier than store bought and I like to think healthier.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter! If calories didn't cause weight gain, I could literally eat an entire (small) jar in a day. So I keep it out of the house lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Too much.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    galaxyem wrote: »
    I found that eating a lot of fried food or candy gets me to gain weight. What makes you gain a lot of weight? Are you still eating it or did u cut down?

other than certain foods causing fluctuations in water retention/release, no particular food makes you gain fat...eating too much food makes you put on fat.

eating very healthfully, I put on 10 Lbs (deliberately) over the winter...you can put on weight even eating very healthful foods just as you can put on weight eating like crap.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I used to drink my calories, along with eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Now that I count my calories and get exercise calories, I can do it in moderation :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I found being a bit more lenient with olive oil gradually pushes me to add "just a little bit more" until my gaining days surpass my losing days and I find myself needing to retrain my brain to be satisfied with a smaller amount. On holidays I have planned gains because dieting through social events just isn't worth it to me.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Full-size 100g chocolate bars 3 x a week plus gorging on pasta 4-5 days a week, limited vegetables,and um, other sweets...very difficult time keeping to moderate portion sizes.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Obviously all calories count, but there are definitely some foods that I eat where it's almost like I don't feel like I've eaten anything, so I wind up eating more in order to feel full. Just about all breakfast cereals are like that for me. I'll eat a small bowl of cereal, which is 200-300 calories, and then an hour later I'm just as hungry as if I hadn't eaten anything.

Similarly, it takes me a huge amount of pasta before I feel full. If I measure out, say, ~200 calories of pasta, it's just a few bites for me and I'm wondering where is the rest of my dinner.

These days, I'm just avoiding those foods.
  • Blondiez73
    Blondiez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fat.
  • movegrooveandwatchthefood
    Options
    Diet soda and any potatoes prepared any way.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    To many calories and not enough exercise!!
  • zukidude
    zukidude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wine...And then I get hungry
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    chocolate biscuits. =/ i ate 24 packets in 4 weeks and gained 7 pounds. my own fault. Stress earting grrr but not anymore.
  • mathematicarka
    mathematicarka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Food I blame the most is potato chips. If I could marry one, I would, thats how much I love it.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts are a tiny snack with super high calories

That is great for an endurance activity snack

Terrible for a couch TV watching snack!!

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    galaxyem wrote: »
    I found that eating a lot of fried food or candy gets me to gain weight. What makes you gain a lot of weight? Are you still eating it or did u cut down?

...you can put on weight even eating very healthful foods just as you can put on weight eating like crap.

Yep, this is true^^.
    But me personally, i couldn't overeat on "healthy" food. Where's the fun in that? Lol
    Now Fast Food, Doughnuts, ice cream, chocolate, candy i could eat all day long! (I don't anymore, but it would be so easy for me).
    Meat, Veg and Potatoes doesn't have the same appeal somehow. ;)
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    If I load my plate with pasta OR chicken I'll be tempted to eat it all, but that has nothing to do with an inability to control my consumption of either. It's because I have a stupid habit of wanting to clean my plate. So I am careful to control what I put on my plate.
    I'm like this! I can fill my plate and then think I should eat all of it. I think it's a habit I've never quite been able to shake from when I had an overactive thyroid - quite literally had to stuff myself to even slow the weight loss a tiny bit, and it seemed to expand my capacity to finish even the largest, most overfilled plate!

I'm getting better with pasta, in that I'll put some of it away for leftovers, but with everything else I need to only put out what I should eat. That way, if I want more, I have to decide if it's worth going through the hassle of making more.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my weakness; I hate how high calorie it is, because I quite happily will eat it form the jar with a spoon. I could easily gain weight on that.