FINALLY GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!

Options

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Any relational advice for asking the right questions?

Eh? Are you asking how to have a conversation with someone?

As a general rule being a good listener and actually being interested in what the other person has to say helps make someone a great conversationalist. Be relaxed. Smile. Enjoy yourself. Expect the other person to hold their weight too. Open ended questions are good too.

You're talking to a woman, not an alien. Have fun.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do fun stuff

Clothed and naked

I think that about covers it
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ask questions you genuinely want to know the answers to and then pay attention to her answers. And remember that relationships may take a little work, but they are supposed to be a lot of fun. If it feels like the reverse is true then it is time to reevaluate.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Say: "Make me a sammich"
    She will love that.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Say: "Make me a sammich"
    She will love that.

If I post the meme I want to post on that line there will be a load of panties getting in a twist judging by MFP standard po-faced responses

But just to say I'd make him a sub
  • Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Seriously though consider that she is just as keen to keep you interested

You see relationships are about giving a toss about each other, complementing each other (not complimenting...look it up if you don't know the difference). You don't have to put her (or him) first but you should actually care how they think and feel and work together to make your lives the best they can be

And long term relationships are like roller coaster rides, just make sure that the entire track is above the line of general contentment by being with someone you respect who interests you
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Geeky-Katy-Perry-Dancing-Music-Video.gif
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    lol I remember when I was 26. Use the force. Seriously just have fun. Be confident and funny. Always look in the eye.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP: Is this your first girlfriend ever? How long have you been dating exclusively?

1. Be yourself at all times.
    2. Be honest with yourself and your girlfriend at all times
    3. Communication should come naturally. Don't try to force it.
    4. If you are nervous or shy, don't worry about it. A lady who sees that you are honest and open will not be put off by the former. She will appreciate and understand that you want to be yourself around her.
    5. Relationships don't happen overnight, at least they shouldn't. Just like with exercising, it takes time to get to know someone and develop a bond on many different levels. Be patient. Don't rush yourself or her.
    6. Have fun. Don't fill your hours trying to impress her. Be yourself and let your actions from the heart evolve as they will. Trying to impress a lady by acting outside of what is already from within shows a lady that you aren't being true to yourself, her, or the relationship.
    7. When it comes to relationships, walk beside her. It doesn't matter if her pace is a little slower than what you are used to. If you walk in front of her all the time, you won't be able to listen to her when she is speaking to you from the heart.
    8. Take the time to be friends first. If you skip the friendship foundation and rush right into some overnight romantic relationship, you are missing the most important and tender part of what relationships are all about. Too many people jump right in bed or focus on trivial, shallow things, instead of taking the time to get to know someone and enjoy the companionship as it unfolds.
    9. Never ever say the words "I love you" unless you mean them with all your heart, and understand the depth of meaning they convey. Too many people carelessly toss the words "I love you" about, without any real regard.
    10. When you are attracted to a lady physically and mentally, and the chemistry is cracking like lightning, don't rush things. Yes, showing someone that you care about them is important and also gratifying in many ways. At the same time, having sex and making love to a woman are two different things.

I wish you well.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

There are times when this advice is really, really bad...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Really? Lol
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

If one can't be honest with him or herself and the relationship, something is not right, in my opinion.

I don't see speaking the truth in love as a bad thing at times. Granted, the truth may not always be received as we would like but, I think it is important to be honest with ourselves and the person we are dating or married to.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I would rather my mate be honest than blow smoke up my *kitten* for anything. But every relationship is different.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Yup like when a guy asks his girl tell me what is your fantasy?
  • JeremiahEarl
    JeremiahEarl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hoppymom wrote: »
    How was your day? How can I help? What do you need from me? I'm on my way home do you need me to pick up anything on my way? she should be saying the same.

Nice! Have been getting that general vibe of making it about her (her needs/interests) above mine. Thanks!
    and this is how you will lose sight of yourself. LOL

Bro. Don't put her above you or you be above her..have balance.

Dang, that's helpful. #Rabbitjb said the same thing too, thanks!
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    OP: Is this your first girlfriend ever? How long have you been dating exclusively?

4. If you are nervous or shy, don't worry about it. A lady who sees that you are honest and open will not be put off by the former. She will appreciate and understand that you want to be yourself around her.
    5. Relationships don't happen overnight, at least they shouldn't. Just like with exercising, it takes time to get to know someone and develop a bond on many different levels. Be patient. Don't rush yourself or her.
    6. Have fun. Don't fill your hours trying to impress her. Be yourself and let your actions from the heart evolve as they will. Trying to impress a lady by acting outside of what is already from within shows a lady that you aren't being true to yourself, her, or the relationship.
    7. When it comes to relationships, walk beside her. It doesn't matter if her pace is a little slower than what you are used to. If you walk in front of her all the time, you won't be able to listen to her when she is speaking to you from the heart.
    8. Take the time to be friends first. If you skip the friendship foundation and rush right into some overnight romantic relationship, you are missing the most important and tender part of what relationships are all about. Too many people jump right in bed or focus on trivial, shallow things, instead of taking the time to get to know someone and enjoy the companionship as it unfolds.
    9. Never ever say the words "I love you" unless you mean them with all your heart, and understand the depth of meaning they convey. Too many people carelessly toss the words "I love you" about, without any real regard.
    10. When you are attracted to a lady physically and mentally, and the chemistry is cracking like lightning, don't rush things. Yes, showing someone that you care about them is important and also gratifying in many ways. At the same time, having sex and making love to a woman are two different things.

I wish you well.

Bro! This is awesome! Yeah, we've known each other for a while, and I finally found my confidence to ask her :) Definitely going to take it slow and get to know her like you said.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I wish you well.

Bro! This is awesome! Yeah, we've known each other for a while, and I finally found my confidence to ask her :) Definitely going to take it slow and get to know her like you said.

If you really like her man just go with the flow. No need to rush things. Will I be using my own advice. Nope.
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I wish you well.

If you really like her man just go with the flow. No need to rush things. Will I be using my own advice. Nope.

Sometimes my flow and her flow contradict.
  • Heather417
    Heather417 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Practice these two words very often, "yes, dear".

Hahaha Smart guy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!