Replies

• ashleysolomon119
    ashleysolomon119 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2*
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people insist on eating so few calories. It will be harder for you to keep to your goals in the long run. You should eat more and a lot of exercise will bugger you up a lot if you stop. Go for moderate exercise. 20 minutes a day.

I lost 30 pounds in 3 months easilly eating 1600 per day and i weighed much less than you to begin with.

Why are you feeding your kids pizza. Do you want them to end up fat too? Feed them baked fish. Feed them vegetables. Don't give them soda. Teach them to be happy with water and only the occasional sweet drink.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off for a long time, you need to change your eating habits permanently. If you don't want your kids to get fat and have health problems later in life, you should retrain them at the same time.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    It told me to eat 1450. I had to take to breaks while I was eating dinner because I felt full.

If it's telling you to eat 1450, eat that much. How many pounds per week loss did you input?
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    By the way you don't have to go low fat. If you put good healthy oils in your food it will taste better and the kids might like it. Just skip all the junk food. Keep your protein higher. about 1 gram of protein per 2 pounds of body weight. Eat a wide variety of healthy whole foods.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    I don't know why people insist on eating so few calories. It will be harder for you to keep to your goals in the long run. You should eat more and a lot of exercise will bugger you up a lot if you stop. Go for moderate exercise. 20 minutes a day.

I lost 30 pounds in 3 months easilly eating 1600 per day and i weighed much less than you to begin with.

Why are you feeding your kids pizza. Do you want them to end up fat too? Feed them baked fish. Feed them vegetables. Don't give them soda. Teach them to be happy with water and only the occasional sweet drink.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off for a long time, you need to change your eating habits permanently. If you don't want your kids to get fat and have health problems later in life, you should retrain them at the same time.

Eating pizza and drinking soda will not make her kids fat. Eating enough pizza to surpass their calorie requirement will make them fat.
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    I really thought mfp was about helping you reach your healthy weight and support, but so far it's mostly judgement. My kids are very healthy and most of the time want fresh fruit over candy and I would never put their health at risk, I ate healthy throughout all of my pregnancies and while I was breastfeeding, I was hoping to nurse and never use formula, but I had to switch to Enfamil due to medical reasons that had nothing to do with my diet.
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    I love peanut butter and avocados! :)
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    Just because I let them have pizza every once in awile is not setting them up to be fat or unhealthy.
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options

Eating pizza and drinking soda will not make her kids fat. Eating enough pizza to surpass their calorie requirement will make them fat.

I love this!!! Lol
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Which is exactly why you don't need to abstain from pizza on the occasions your kids have it. Fit it into your calorie goal.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are getting any judgement here, but people are not going to be quiet and just sit back and watch someone take an unhealthy and unsustainable approach to weight loss.
  • Heddleey
    Heddleey Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    HIIT training works wonders! There are plenty of great hiit videos online. And they're usually only 30 mins. It's intense but you get results quick.I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and saw results :) make sure you get your after workout protein, it makes a huge difference! Best of luck!
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    I don't think you are getting any judgement here, but people are not going to be quiet and just sit back and watch someone take an unhealthy and unsustainable approach to weight loss.

I think it was in response to the person who tacitly said OP was abusing her kids by letting them eat pizza and other "junk." I don't want to live in a world where pizza is junk.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to have better heart health, rapid weight loss is ill advised. Losing weight quickly increases the chance the weight will come from lean body mass, including the heart.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP forget the date setting, it never turns out well.

Read the links above.

I lost 121 pounds, it took me 2 years 9 months, it was slow and steady healthier weight loss. Now been maintaining for 10 months.

Good luck.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ashley, you can do it........I lost 53 lbs in 12 weeks.......if you want something bad enough, you can reach your goal...........all I did as for exercise was walk 2 to 3 times a week. and that was it.........and lots of water

keep up the good work, you can do it........
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    lloydrt wrote: »
    Ashley, you can do it........I lost 53 lbs in 12 weeks.......if you want something bad enough, you can reach your goal...........all I did as for exercise was walk 2 to 3 times a week. and that was it.........and lots of water

keep up the good work, you can do it........

OP don't take this advice, wrong so many ways.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    sorry lady, that was 3 years ago and the weight is still off........... sad you have to give her bad advice esp when there are people who have lost it and kept it off for years.............best wishes Ashley, you can do it....I did
  • Samanthamill0616
    Samanthamill0616 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I really thought mfp was about helping you reach your healthy weight and support, but so far it's mostly judgement. My kids are very healthy and most of the time want fresh fruit over candy and I would never put their health at risk, I ate healthy throughout all of my pregnancies and while I was breastfeeding, I was hoping to nurse and never use formula, but I had to switch to Enfamil due to medical reasons that had nothing to do with my diet.

Seriously, no one has the right to attack another person's parenting. I think we all do what's best for our kids and most mothers I know put thier children's health before our own! The reason some of us are on my fitness pal is because we are trying to love ourselves for the first time in a long time and are looking for support. Poor form on people criticizing and shaming when A)you weren't asking for parenting advice, and B ) have absolutely no basis for judging. It's about support not shame.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    lloydrt wrote: »
    sorry lady, that was 3 years ago and the weight is still off........... sad you have to give her bad advice esp when there are people who have lost it and kept it off for years.............best wishes Ashley, you can do it....I did

Congrats on your ability to pull that off and maintain for so long. However, you're talking about a 4.5 pound drop per week with minimal cardio burns. To do that requires an extended period of VLCD, which is both detrimental to one's health and an irresponsible piece of advice.