Diabetic and miss dessert. Share recipes.

Options
2»

Replies

• Ealgiere
    Ealgiere Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Ealgiere wrote: »
    I'm recently diagnosed type II. While I always knew I needed to cut down on sugar, now I have no choice and I'm really serious about it. But I would like to enjoy dessert occasionally with my husband and not blow everything. If you have a great recipe that will fit into a diabetic lifestyle will you please share? Thanks in advance.

What does your doctor say about your total carbs? When I want a dessert, I cut down on other carbs for the day so I have enough left over to spend on that slice of cake or whatever.

Having said that, I LOVE 1/2 c. 0% fat Greek yogurt, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, and 100 g. fresh unsweetened strawberries as a dessert. It is like a chocolate mousse with berries and very yummy! 20 g carbs and 42 g protein.

My dietician told me to stick with 30g per meal and 15g for a snack. And to space them out in the day like that. So I try to stick with that and not save them.
  • ImSooHigh
    ImSooHigh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try blending frozen berries, bananas and a splash of orange juice. Makes a nice dessert. :smile:
  • lisaseager2015
    lisaseager2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you like mousse you can use coconut milk instead of heavy cream and whip it until fluffy. Add unsweetened cocoa powder for chocolate, vanilla extract (or any) for a different flavor. If you need it a little sweeter use Agave Nectar

Hi - I know it sounds silly but by using coconut milk - does it not give the flavour of coconut in things you use it in?
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1carton of heavy whipping cream whip to almost firm add sugar free jello mix or pudding mix and whip till firm it's like a mousse it's yummy add fresh fruit to it also. my hubby has type 2also this helps with dessert cravings
  • rochelleciara23
    rochelleciara23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tonight I just took a bag of regular pork rinds and poured about 3 tbs of melted butter over it and mixed it with 3 to 5 tsp of Splenda and 3 tsp of cinnamon! They were amazing! Tasted like I was eating cinnamon twists from Taco Bell! Try it and let me know what u think!!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I recently found these ice cream bars. I've only had the fudge but they are very tasty with a good amount of protein and fiber. They are sweetened with ethrytol (stevia). I've recently had gastric bypass and not had any issues with the sweetener though some do.

http://www.eatenlightened.com/