Oh boy.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What is your goals as a personal trainer? Job related not your fitness
  • jonharrispt
    jonharrispt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To take every individual on there on exercise journey and get them to their goals , remember fitness and the gym is not a hobby it's a lifestyle
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to just join threads and start answering questions. That's going to build or destroy your reputation. Just offering to help people shows nothing of your certifications or if you are full of *kitten*. We find many trainers jump in to offer help and it's garbage.

Good luck!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    To take every individual on there on exercise journey and get them to their goals , remember fitness and the gym is not a hobby it's a lifestyle

Sometimes fitness is a hobby, especially if you don't go to the gym.
  • yopeeps025
    edited July 2015
    Options

would you call an achievement a client who tells you that you taught them well enough for them to do this gym thing on there own?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Do you do online training or in person?
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Help? Interesting...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    in
    BeachBody in 3...2...1...
  • usmcmp
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    in
    BeachBody in 3...2...1...

tumblr_lkjtajXz5q1qdq0s0.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Going to the gym is my hobby.

• usmcmp
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Going to the gym is my hobby.

It is. Lifting is my hobby and so is bodybuilding. Many outdoors active people view their fitness activities as hobbies instead of lifestyles.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Legit question

I have started strength training and have limited time. I am rehabbing from knee surgery and spend about 45-60 daily on a bike for low impact cardio. I want to do some upper body work, but only have about 30-40 for a workout. What 3-4 lifts/exercises would you recommend for basic upper body strengthening? Or what would you recommend for a 30-40 min "workout A" and "workout B" for 3x/week? I do core exercises on "off" days.
  • andxhow
    andxhow Posts: 10 Member
    Options

**their

• pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I recommend listing your qualifications, certifications, etc. in the "About Me" section of your profile page.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My advice to you is to just join threads and start answering questions. That's going to build or destroy your reputation. Just offering to help people shows nothing of your certifications or if you are full of *kitten*. We find many trainers jump in to offer help and it's garbage.

Good luck!
    Good advice. These threads normally end in tears. A few succeed, but the OPs tend to put effort in as to who they are, what they provide and then proceed to give personalised and sensible answers.

PS dont be a know it all trainer without being able to back it up with informative answers.
    Dont assume there arent other knowledgeable people on this forum.
    Dont try and sell people stuff.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    How you gonna start a thread and then not respond to anybody?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think OP deleted his profile...
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    How you gonna start a thread and then not respond to anybody?
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I think OP deleted his profile...

I notice these "personal trainer" posts pop up every day. I suspect it's a form of spam or phishing. The commenters here apparently are good at smelling rats.