Lululemon?

Options
2»

Replies

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    For me I guess I would rather lift and workout (while calorie deficient) to make my butt look amazing. That way it can look amazing in all my clothes. Spend the extra money on a massage or some other way to treat myself. But I will admit I am a cheapskate. Even if I had 10 Million dollars I would still shop at the dollar store and look for hidden gems in the clearance racks.
    High Five!

Wahoo! Here is to being cheap!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I like my lu-lu's but that being said I am finding there are more and more cheaper brands that are doing the same job.
    Anyone try Kate Hudsons new fabletic's? I havent but was wanting to
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    I like my lu-lu's but that being said I am finding there are more and more cheaper brands that are doing the same job.
    Anyone try Kate Hudsons new fabletic's? I havent but was wanting to

I was wondering what the deal was with that...you have to pay a membership fee or something?
  • Char231023
    Options
    I was wondering what the deal was with that...you have to pay a membership fee or something?[/quote]

I think it does only if you want to join their VIP membership (exclusive deals and what not)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I was wondering what the deal was with that...you have to pay a membership fee or something?

I think it does only if you want to join their VIP membership (exclusive deals and what not) [/quote]

I've heard some stories about getting involved with the program and not being able to get out.

It all comes down to priorities I suppose. I will spend more money on shoes, bags and workout clothes because quality is important to me and I've noticed a difference. Other items, not so much.

edited for quote fail.
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought a pair yet, but they're on my wish list for when I lose more weight. Right now I fit into their largest size of the stretchier pants. And they actually look good on me. Also, I love the idea of free hemming. I'm 5'4", which apparently is often too short for regular but too tall for petite.

They also have some really cute tank tops. I'm a sucker for fancy, strappy-backed tanks.
  • Char231023
    Options
    I haven't bought a pair yet, but they're on my wish list for when I lose more weight. Right now I fit into their largest size of the stretchier pants. And they actually look good on me. Also, I love the idea of free hemming. I'm 5'4", which apparently is often too short for regular but too tall for petite.

They also have some really cute tank tops. I'm a sucker for fancy, strappy-backed tanks.

I have notice that other fitness clothing companies have the cute strappy-back tanks now too and they cost half as much. That is also full price at athletic stores. If you go to a shop like Burlington Coat Factory you can get them for even cheaper.
  • arditarose
    Options

I'm 5'4" as well. I have their 7/8 length pants which show just a little ankle. Not too long, not too short (I don't like spending money on the cropped leggings, not my style).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have one Lululemon tank because I forgot my shirt one day on the way to the gym. I went to Century 21, but they were almost as expensive without the styling. For the most part though, I don't like their colors and tend to stick with Athleta instead.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    For my first pair, I received a gift certificate so I paid nothing. I couldn't even fathom walking into the store before that. But they are...pretty special. Not only do they make your butt look amazing (my boyfriend knows when I'm wearing them), they are comfortable as hell. I've never worn a pant that felt as good on my body. I finally caved and bought another pair on my own.

With all do respect, judging from the shape you're in, I don't think your butt could look anything...but amazing
  • daveinreston
    daveinreston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The 2 Lululemon short sleeve shirts I have are my favorite work out shirts - Durable, soft and nice colors
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm super cheap when it comes to stuff like workout clothes lol
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've gotten most of my "nice" activewear from a local store that does awesome sales twice a year. As long as I don't have my heart set on a specific item, I can wait and get things for up to 70% off. I often find workout shirts/tanks at Target and such, but workout pants from inexpensive brands never seem to work for me. I'm built like a Weeble Wobble.
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The important question... do they hide the sweat after a really good workout. I have a couple pairs of capri workout pants (long pants get too hot) that make me look like I need a diaper (if I dare ever wear them again to exercise) and avoiding that would be worth paying for ;)

(Or maybe I just have a really gross body, and I shouldn't have mentioned this, lol)
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer athleta... But they are probably equally expensive. The quality is where it's at for me. My work out clothes go through a beating week by week by week... Athleta has yet to disappoint... And they are tall girl friendly! :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    The important question... do they hide the sweat after a really good workout. I have a couple pairs of capri workout pants (long pants get too hot) that make me look like I need a diaper (if I dare ever wear them again to exercise) and avoiding that would be worth paying for ;)

(Or maybe I just have a really gross body, and I shouldn't have mentioned this, lol)

Yes. They hide everything.