Ladies: Let's Talk About Knickers

Options

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    skeo wrote: »
    Just my own curiosity here, answer if you wish; but if you see a woman who is "I give no shiets about VPL" do you ladies judge her for being so called "tacky"?

Nope.

I'm not even sure why it would be tacky. VPL is a sign of wearing underwear. If I try to look at it through a traditionally conservative lens, that would seem to be the opposite of tacky. (I'm thinking of tacky as being brash.)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only time I notice clothes at the gym is if it is wildly inappropriate (like, trying to work out in business clothes, or barely-legal skin exposure like some of the "before" outfits on "Love, Lust or Run".), or if it's something I think is cute and want to buy for myself somewhere.
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wear thongs when working out. I've always been fortunate with underwear that it doesn't get in the places I don't want, but if I went commando it would.
    I don't like having a vpl when working out. I get paranoid the people behind me on the machines are judging me on my choice of underwear...
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i normally look terrible at the gym. I always forget my clothes and home and have my partner bring me something, and idk why but he always brings me like giant shin length basketball shorts and stretched out tube socks. haha. i always wear seamless underwear and I've never notices any problem. i wear mostly black. very black. i bought some heather gray tights to wear and like have only worn them once. lol. you can see everything. never had any issues w/ wedgies..
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Perfect. I was just thinking about searching for one of the old threads on this.

I was fine before but suddenly my butt is eating every single pair I put on and creating some awful weird lines. Looks like thong is the answer for girls who have butts that eat their underwear alive.

Boy shorts are AWFUL for me.

It's even happening in normal clothes :s
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I thought cotton was encouraged over other fabrics because it breathed better? I've always read that in all those "Healthy Tips for Your Vagina" articles, they push the cotton. :p

Cotton does "breathe" better which makes it ideal for staying cool and comfortable. However, if you are working out and sweating it will absorb the sweat/moisture and hold it next to your skin which can cause issues with chafing/irritation/etc. Panties made with a synthetic fabric that wicks is a superior choice for those times. Bottom line: Cotton is great for daily wear.. Synthetic for exercising.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    I thought cotton was encouraged over other fabrics because it breathed better? I've always read that in all those "Healthy Tips for Your Vagina" articles, they push the cotton. :p

Cotton does "breathe" better which makes it ideal for staying cool and comfortable. However, if you are working out and sweating it will absorb the sweat/moisture and hold it next to your skin which can cause issues with chafing/irritation/etc. Panties made with a synthetic fabric that wicks is a superior choice for those times. Bottom line: Cotton is great for daily wear.. Synthetic for exercising.

Ugh, disgustingly true.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »

Exactly.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with thongs?
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

:shrug:

I prefer g-string.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    skeo wrote: »
    Just my own curiosity here, answer if you wish; but if you see a woman who is "I give no shiets about VPL" do you ladies judge her for being so called "tacky"?

Not at the gym..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I prefer g-string.

It's the same thing isn't it? :confused:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sigh.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I prefer g-string.

It's the same thing isn't it? :confused:

Whoops, meant a t string.

tips-03.jpg
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Bahahaahahaha what you call flip flops are what we call thongs in Australia. I was wondering why ask you girls wear flip flops to the gym. Then I translated and I haven't stopped laughing at myself since.
    As for undies, I can't go commando. I'm too scared. But I'm having a lot of trouble with the wedgies....
    I might try wearing a g string and see how that goes
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I wear women's briefs. Comfortable and don't ride up
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Target now sells women's Hanes dri fit underwear with moisture wicking and seamless in thongs, sport cut and hipsters. They're roughly $20 for 3 pairs. They stay in place and I've worn them with my yoga pants and have no panty lines.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wear boyshorts and booty shorts. Along with a tank top or some shirt I have from my school with my sports bra.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Commando with compression shorts/pants. Dri-fit from Nike is good.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    TBH, I don't really care if I have panty lines at the gym, or if my butt looks good while I'm squatting. I'm not there to look pretty, I'm there to work.