Looking for a good protein powder!

Options

Replies

• juliamclennan
    juliamclennan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get one that is MSG free. Google for a whole list of different names for MSG!
  • cortsky
    cortsky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Hammer Nutrition. I mix one scoop with 1 cup almond milk plus 1/2 cup water (my personal favorite consistency.)
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love spirutein protein powders. They come in a ton of flavors. I drink the vanilla in the morning a lot - mix it with a little soy milk and water with some espresso powder. Delish.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar Cappucino, 24g protein, nothing else, tastes great
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, mocha cappachinno
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    OP, you might want to read up on recent protein spiking investigations. Make sure you buy a powder that has a broad BCAA spectrum and is not just spiked with just a few of the cheapest BCAAs (like a couple companies have been doing).

https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Solgar Whey-to-Go. Best tasting protein powder I have used (and I have used most that are available in the UK). Mixes cleanly and has no artificial taste when drinking nor aftertaste. Mixes perfectly in a shaker with either milk or water and very little difference in taste between water and milk (obviously milk is creamier).
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the help! I'm am experimenting with isopure right now.
  • JoAnn132010
    JoAnn132010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends, I usually don't do things like this but I had to share this so that maybe somebody out there will get to benefit the same way that I have. I have been trying Fitmiss Delight Cookies and Cream protein powder. They also have flavors such as Banana Cream, Strawberries and Cream, Vanilla Chai, and Chocolate. It only has 90 calories per scoop and I like to mix mine in a blender with Vanilla or Chocolate Silk Almond Milk. I stay full for hours off of this stuff and it is specially formulated for women's bodies. It gets to the point where I have to make myself eat to fulfill my daily needed calories and even then I accidentally fall short. The Cookie's and Cream that I have literally taste like a Hershey's Cookie's and Cream candy bar and I had to recheck the label and research the protein powder again just to make sure it really did have 90 calories per scoop because I couldn't believe it. I am addicted to this stuff and can easily do two replacement shakes and maybe even replace every meal but I know my body needs whole foods at least one meal a day. I also take One A Day Women's Metabolism Booster just to get any extra vitamins I might miss from my one meal a day and protein shakes. Seriously I am a skeptic with most things but this truly works and I have problems with cravings but this gets rid of them because I get my sweet fix as well as the protein slowly digesting to keep me fuller for longer. You can get the stuff at Walgreens, Ebay, Online, anywhere really and it is totally worth it!! : ) If anybody tries it please let me know your experience with it because I'm in love with it myself!!!!
  • runningsell
    runningsell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Looking for a good tasting, non-gritty protein powder the mixes easily with milk or water. I'm hoping to find something tasty that doesn't turn into a thick, nasty, gritty mess. I'm really looking for mixability and taste! Thank you!

• runningsell
    runningsell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like bluebonnet and Hammer
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found a good protein that is soy free? Everyone I grab to look at ingredients says it contains soy and trying to limit my intake due to thyroid issues.

Thank you.
  • victoriaamarie1330
    victoriaamarie1330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cellucor , MusclePharm, BSN, Beast Performance, Optimum Nutrition are all good ones
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This thread doesn't help me at all - too many choices! Lol. I also don't have a ton of money to spend on trying out a whole bunch of different ones. Does anyone know anywhere to get, like, sample packs or something? So I can try a few and see if I like any of them?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Trutein does samples through their website. We liked probably a third of the ones we tried, but we are really really picky on flavours. I think if you are in the US, the samples might be free shipping, or free. Not sure how it works, because it's not free at all where we are.
  • msleemur
    msleemur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unjury chocolate splendor is my favorite...I think it tastes just like chocolate milk!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Quest.
  • FinallyFit28
    FinallyFit28 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My two favorites are Pure Protein (120cal, 230mg sodium, 1g sugar and 23+ Protein) My other is Muscle Milk (210cal, 330mg sodium and 25+Protein) Now those are from my pre-made shakes that I have at work but it's relatively close to my powder shakes of the same at home. Both are quite easy to purchase in most stores so there's no need to go to specific stores or online Plus they're not too expensive. I tried a few other brands like DeLite, Dessert, Body Fortress etc but I always find myself going back to these two. I hope that helps. BTW if you'd like you can add me. I love sharing and encouraging people along the way. Cheers and Good luck!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I like About Time protein...strawberry flavor :)
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Designer protein natural flavor whey is probably my favorite.
    Currently trying isopure natural flavor and it's ok, but I'm not sure I will get it again
    Next on my list to try is sunwarrior warrior blend