Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Tilly1285 wrote: »
    More
    Since your diary is still closed, I'll ask how are you measuring your consumption? Using a food scale?
    Yes and bar code serving sizes.
    You stated:
    Many times before dinner I have 700-800 calories left. I eat dinner, but don't feel hungry beforehand. Anybody else experience this?

So you're eating all of your calories though?

I try. But like right now I have 657 left today and not hungry at all.

You have 60 pounds to lose?

More like 85
    Try to introduce more calorie dense foods. Nut butters, nuts, avocados etc.

I love peanut butter, but I'm sure there's a more healthy alternative.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    More
    Since your diary is still closed, I'll ask how are you measuring your consumption? Using a food scale?
    Yes and bar code serving sizes.
    You stated:
    Many times before dinner I have 700-800 calories left. I eat dinner, but don't feel hungry beforehand. Anybody else experience this?

So you're eating all of your calories though?

I try. But like right now I have 657 left today and not hungry at all.

You have 60 pounds to lose?

More like 85
    Try to introduce more calorie dense foods. Nut butters, nuts, avocados etc.

I love peanut butter, but I'm sure there's a more healthy alternative.

NO way! peanut butter is very good for you, plus it's yummy! I'm sure this is only temporary, but you want to lose in a sustainable way, this means getting the proper nutrients.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Yes, I've faced days where I have lots left over and no appetite. It's especially easy if you eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

Do you eat breakfast? Breakfast cereals are an easy, not-to-filling way to increase calories and some have good amounts of iron and fiber. A lot of people who have trouble meeting calories are skipping breakfast.

Juice is another really easy way to increase calories without feeling stuffed.

I don't fret over one day over or under, but if it's a regular thing, try to get some more calories in. You'll want to cut back later, so you want something there to cut, KWIM?

Good luck! :)

I generally try for 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 leaving room for snack fruits or nuts. Lately though I'm not really hungry at all, I eat anyway.

Till
    If you haven't seen a doctor yet, be sure to do that. All weight loss journeys should be overseen by a doctor. They can figure out if there is something physical causing the lack of appetite.

If you're sure it's not physical, juice! It's healthy and it has bunches of calories. That POM juice is so very yummy, if you like pomegranates. :)

That's all I have. I'm sure you'll get more (and maybe better!) advice. :)

Today I'm way under my calories, whereas I'm usually pretty close. Sometimes I have too much appetite, other times I don't. I exercise fairly regularly and don't really think seeing a doctor for weight loss, unless seriously obese, is pertinent. That's what is so great about MFP! You can eat what you want, and it gives you guidelines about over- or under-eating. Some days are better than other, but when you see the whole picture, you can do it! When you don't eat all your calories, then pig out at your next potluck. It all works out as long as you pay attention to it (i.e., logging) every day.