Options
    auddii wrote: »
    bryanna277 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    No i dont have one

Ok - more than likely you are overestimating calorie portions, so you think you are eating 2500 but you are really eating less. Most peoples portion estimates are off by 25%...so if you think you are eating 2500 a 25% error rate would mean you are off by about 600 calories, so you are really eating about 1900ish..

I would highly suggest getting a food scale and weighing all your solid foods.

Ok so how would i start that because i do eat a lot of cookies chips and things like that. Do i kust weigh the meats and veg or everything i eat?

I would say weigh all meats, vegetables, rice, pasta, etc. I do not weight cookies, so when I have six oreos, I just log it in as six oreos. You may want to weigh out the chips though, but that is up to you.

Ok great thanks for the advice. What kind of scale and where would i purchase one?

I picked up one from the local walmart (instant gratification). The main thing I would look for is that it is digital and can weigh in grams (more accurate than ounces and pounds).

this ...

mine switches back and forth from grams to ounces....

you can get one on amazon.com for about $20.00
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food on here?
  • bryanna277
    bryanna277 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No i dont have one

Ok - more than likely you are overestimating calorie portions, so you think you are eating 2500 but you are really eating less. Most peoples portion estimates are off by 25%...so if you think you are eating 2500 a 25% error rate would mean you are off by about 600 calories, so you are really eating about 1900ish..

Ok so how would i start that because i do eat a lot of cookies chips and things like that. Do i kust weigh the meats and veg or everything i eat?

I would say weigh all meats, vegetables, rice, pasta, etc. I do not weight cookies, so when I have six oreos, I just log it in as six oreos. You may want to weigh out the chips though, but that is up to you.

Ok great thanks for the advice. What kind of scale and where would i purchase one?

I picked up one from the local walmart (instant gratification). The main thing I would look for is that it is digital and can weigh in grams (more accurate than ounces and pounds).

this ...

mine switches back and forth from grams to ounces....

you can get one on amazon.com for about $20.00
    Cool thanks
  • bryanna277
    Options
    Yes i am
  • bryanna277
    Options
    No i dont have one

Thank you
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes i am

Open your diary and people may be able to give you some ideas based on what you're already eating
  • bryanna277
    Options
    Yes i am

Open your diary and people may be able to give you some ideas based on what you're already eating

How do i do that?
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I also recommend a food scale. It helps to have one where you can subtract the weight of the container. For example, I turn mine on, set a Tupperware container on it. Reset it to zero and then add the food. This way it only weighs the food. I find it very helpful.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yes i am

How do i do that?

Settings> Diary Settings > Diary Sharing > Public

• bryanna277
    Options
    Yes i am

How do i do that?

Ok i got it. I changed the setting
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Yes i am

How do i do that?

you ar3 1400 calories short of 2400 today and on saturday you were also 1400 calories short…that is like a 2800 calorie short fall in two days..

you need to make sure that you hit 2400 every day …

stop having salads for lunch and maybe go with sandwiches on bread, full fat cottage cheese, and full fat yogurt …

• bryanna277
    Options
    Yes i am

How do i do that?

you ar3 1400 calories short of 2400 today and on saturday you were also 1400 calories short…that is like a 2800 calorie short fall in two days..

stop having salads for lunch and maybe go with sandwiches on bread, full fat cottage cheese, and full fat yogurt …
    I havent finished logging food for the day today i have to change dinner too had a change in plans
  • bryanna277
    Options
    Yes i am

How do i do that?

Ok i updated it and im still short 250 something but i always eat a late night snack right before bed so i will meet it today.
  • glitterr0cks
    glitterr0cks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hahaha...so this is random compared to others comments, but try high carb foods, protiens (potatoes, pastas, peanut butter, chicken, steak) Hope that helps some!
  • BarbSte500
    BarbSte500 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat more carbs. I didn't lose weight until I cut down. Perhaps by adding them it will help you gain.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Get the food scale so you can track your real calorie intake.
    Eat 2400 calories. Increase if you are still not gaining.
    It honestly is that simple.
  • Bogglebo
    Bogglebo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's a BBC documentary (Mike Mosley) from 2012 called "Why are Thin People Not Fat" - was one of the most interesting ones I've seen regarding diet - and he had them all on 10,000 calories a day ;) The other one he did was on the 5:2 diet. Thought you may identify with the people in the trial
  • bryanna277
    Options
    Bogglebo wrote: »
    There's a BBC documentary (Mike Mosley) from 2012 called "Why are Thin People Not Fat" - was one of the most interesting ones I've seen regarding diet - and he had them all on 10,000 calories a day ;) The other one he did was on the 5:2 diet. Thought you may identify with the people in the trial
    Thank you that sounds interesting im gonna look into that. I live documentaries
  • bryanna277
    Options
    hahaha...so this is random compared to others comments, but try high carb foods, protiens (potatoes, pastas, peanut butter, chicken, steak) Hope that helps some!
    Thank you
  • bryanna277
    Options
    BarbSte500 wrote: »
    I'd say eat more carbs. I didn't lose weight until I cut down. Perhaps by adding them it will help you gain.

You are the second to tell me this so lets try it :smile: