Do you like gettin hit on?

Options

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Never happened to me so I would love it if it happened, but I can totally understand why people who get hit on a lot might really dislike it in the end. I don't have the confidence to hit on girls either, I often imagine it which end up in me imagining certain rejection lol It must be a huge confidence booster though!

Rejection is Better than regret my friend ;)

Lol that's true, but I also really don't want to make the girl feel uncomfortable along the way either :P
    Give a a lady an honest compliment, without expectation of anything else. That is how it should be, in my opinion. If a lady smiles and says thank you, you have brighten her day. If she looks at you like you are some slobbering nut job just because you paid her an honest compliment, that is her problem, in my opinion.

Be yourself. Be respectful and show that you aren't afraid to given an honest compliment when due.

When I tell a married lady she is beautiful, has a lovely outfit on, or shares a lovely picture etc., that doesn't mean I am trying to make some kind of sex move or relationship move on her. And a lot of ladies assume that right off the bat and it is wrong to do so. There are also a lot of ladies who do all they can to get attention, and then bellyache when they get attention, as if they aren't playing some kind of game. Same thing goes for how a lot of guys act with ladies.

A lady can tell if you are being honest with her. She can usually tell if you are trying to use some stupid pick up line. Be yourself and show confidence. Even if a lady may not be attracted to you physically at first, she will appreciate your sincerity and confidence. And who knows, a friendship could build from that.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    The problem with some is that sometimes it's just a compliment. "That's a nice dress you're wearing..." doesn't mean I love how your booty moves to and fro whilst you walk. What I meant to say was, "That's a nice dress you're wearing."

+1
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me so I would love it if it happened, but I can totally understand why people who get hit on a lot might really dislike it in the end. I don't have the confidence to hit on girls either, I often imagine it which end up in me imagining certain rejection lol It must be a huge confidence booster though!

Lol that's true, but I also really don't want to make the girl feel uncomfortable along the way either :P
    Give a a lady an honest compliment, without expectation of anything else. That is how it should be, in my opinion. If a lady smiles and says thank you, you have brighten her day. If she looks at you like you are some slobbering nut job just because you paid her an honest compliment, that is her problem, in my opinion.

Be yourself. Be respectful and show that you aren't afraid to given an honest compliment when due.

When I tell a married lady she is beautiful, has a lovely outfit on, or shares a lovely picture etc., that doesn't mean I am trying to make some kind of sex move or relationship move on her. And a lot of ladies assume that right off the bat and it is wrong to do so. There are also a lot of ladies who do all they can to get attention, and then bellyache when they get attention, as if they aren't playing some kind of game. Same thing goes for how a lot of guys act with ladies.

A lady can tell if you are being honest with her. She can usually tell if you are trying to use some stupid pick up line. Be yourself and show confidence. Even if a lady may not be attracted to you physically at first, she will appreciate your sincerity and confidence. And who knows, a friendship could build from that.

this.
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

A Man is direct and goes for what he wants.

Eye contact, if she smiles approach and be sincere about what you like about her as an authentic expression of your masculine heart.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    In general, no. I like flirting with friends and Mr. Pineapple, but don't enjoy comments from strangers, be it positive or negative. I tend to prefer to go unnoticed.

She forgot her disclaimer: Unless he is handsome, then it feels good.

Incorrect.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If it's done in a polite and respectful way, then yes. Acting like a horny pervert trying to get into my pants is what I do not like at all. Also if someone is 15+ years older than me, it creeps me out no matter how polite they may be.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm indifferent. Most of the time I can't tell and second when I can tell they are hitting on me, I don't believe it's genuine so I don't care. I feel the types of guys who hit on me just hit on any girl in sight so it's not flattering at all.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    despise it

I'm busy. go away

Same here. I'm not a friendly person & dislike when any stranger approaches me in public.

• LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What really bothers me is when I'm walking down the street and people are honking their horns at me. I CAN'T STAND IT. And I'm not even that in shape or really that good looking either. Does not compute.
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You're a cartoon!! They are probably freaked out
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options

Was in Vegas not too long ago...a fire alarm was going off while on the strip. There was an older, attractive lady walking alongside her husband/companion...I turned to her and told her, "I think it's your outfit that set that alarm off." Her smile got huge...she turned to her husband and repeated my comment and then told him that it was the nicest thing anyone had ever told her.

Very nice. What a wonderful, surprise boost to her self-esteem you gave her.

I always get a surprised thank you look, when I open / hold a door open for a lady etc. It is a amazing (in a sad way) that so many ladies aren't used to be treated with some class.

Good on you sir, for giving those honest compliments.
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

As a man showing up is half the battle.

Eye contact, if she smiles approach and be sincere about what you like about her as an authentic expression of your masculine heart.

That's it, I'm approaching every woman that smiles in my direction. Free womens for life!

I do and I've got 4 dates this week. Wish me luck mate :D
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Oh I don't have any problem paying a lady, or a man, a genuine compliment and frequently do so. Just as you describe is how I act even when talking to a beautiful woman, but to me that isn't hitting on them. My mind set is that I am undateable because of my anxiety condition so my mind never really wanders down that path of expectation or hope of anything else :) It's just one of those things you come to accept about yourself and is hard to describe to someone who has never or doesn't feel that way.
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on....
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    In general, no. I like flirting with friends and Mr. Pineapple, but don't enjoy comments from strangers, be it positive or negative. I tend to prefer to go unnoticed.

She forgot her disclaimer: Unless he is handsome, then it feels good.

nope, I would still feel the same way. don't bother me
  • BasicGreatGuy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh I don't have any problem paying a lady, or a man, a genuine compliment and frequently do so. Just as you describe is how I act even when talking to a beautiful woman, but to me that isn't hitting on them. My mind set is that I am undateable because of my anxiety condition so my mind never really wanders down that path of expectation or hope of anything else :) It's just one of those things you come to accept about yourself and is hard to describe to someone who has never or doesn't feel that way.

We all have faults and shortcomings. Don't let your anxiety reign over you. Anxiety shouldn't define who you are as a man. A lot of ladies may be put off (at least at first) by a guy with some anxiety. But, once she gets to know you, and sees you are a good guy doing his best to work through something that has been a struggle for you, and cared enough to want to pay her a compliment, she will appreciate you all the more for it.

Get rid of that stinkin' thinkin' that you are undateable to a lady. Not true at all, unless you want that to be the case. Some of the world's greatest musicians, poets, writers, scientists, etc. had some level of anxiety in their day to day lives.

There is a lady out there that will embrace you for the man you are right now, and growing to be. Do your best to honestly believe that every day and you will start to see a change in how ladies (as a whole) interact with you.

I wish you well.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Oh I don't have any problem paying a lady, or a man, a genuine compliment and frequently do so. Just as you describe is how I act even when talking to a beautiful woman, but to me that isn't hitting on them.
    agreed. being nice isn't the same as hitting on someone. if I say, your shoes are lovely, I'm not hitting on you
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened but a few times, compliments, not really being "hit on" and yes it was very nice.

I have a friend at work that "hits" on me, he's married and knows I'd never take the bait so he's just a flirt. Which makes us both smile. :)
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well considering I'm completely oblivious to it, I guess I will answer with I don't know.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I'd enjoy it if it ever happened...