If you've been on Phentermine, what were your results?

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You do realize you don't have to quote everyone with the same comment right? If we have the thread bookmarked we will receive a notification that there was a new post.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    avk9802 wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    astrampe wrote: »
    OP, is that you on your profile pic? If so, your doctor should be reported to the medical board....Phen is an amphetamine, and should only be prescribed to morbidlh obese people where the risk of being overweight is a lot bigger than the medication's.....

Yeah...That's what I was going to ask.

See my comment.

Then maybe put a updated photo then, might help.

I still say no to pills, it doesn't teach you anything and the side effects don't sound good to me. My 2 cents.
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just needed experiences of people who have been on it. Not to determine whether you all thought I needed it or not. That's between my doctor and I :D
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Side effects: http://www.drugs.com/sfx/phentermine-side-effects.html

It's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. There is no magic pill. While on this, you still need to learn portion control or all the weight that you lost while on the pill will be regained.
  • avk9802
    Options
    Just needed experiences of people who have been on it. Not to determine whether you all thought I needed it or not. That's between my doctor and I :D
    You do realize you don't have to quote everyone with the same comment right? If we have the thread bookmarked we will receive a notification that there was a new post.

Nope! Didn't know that. I just started back using the app since my last transformation and then I never used it. Thanks for the info!
  • avk9802
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    astrampe wrote: »
    OP, is that you on your profile pic? If so, your doctor should be reported to the medical board....Phen is an amphetamine, and should only be prescribed to morbidlh obese people where the risk of being overweight is a lot bigger than the medication's.....

Yeah...That's what I was going to ask.

See my comment.

Then maybe put a updated photo then, might help.

I still say no to pills, it doesn't teach you anything and the side effects don't sound good to me. My 2 cents.

Thank you!
  • avk9802
    Options
    Hi concerned pals! (Regarding my profile picture) that was from my first transformation 3 years ago. I've since had another baby and my metabolism has slowed quit a bit so this time around I haven't been able to do it like I did last time. I am technically obese. Weighing 185 and I'm 5'2. Hope this clears that up!

I don't think this even qualifies for people to be less concerned.

I don't understand your comment. Sorry.
  • MillyFleurs
    MillyFleurs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Took it like five years ago, gained everything back.
    Pills are no substitute for education and better habits.
  • avk9802
    Options
    Took it like five years ago, gained everything back.
    Pills are no substitute for education and better habits.

Thank you!

I have done this all before. Losing approx. 60 pounds 3 years ago. I am aware of how to do it and I started it again but with little to no luck. This is why my doctor prescribed me this to kick start and then I'm hoping I can continue and maintain again.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I still say no to the pills. I was on them and life was great, I lost 60 pounds but I didn't change the way I thought about food or have any steady level of activity. When the pills stopped the weight came back plus some.

I changed how I thought about food, increased my activity level and now the weight stays off. There is no magic pill. Eat less and move more.

Good luck.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Jitteriness, spaciness, felt like I'd had five cups of espresso, couldn't keep a thought in my head for more than a few seconds at a time, felt too spacey to drive, couldn't finish a sentence without forgetting what I was trying to say. I took two pills and dumped the rest. I'd rather be hungry and still able to think, speak, and drive.
  • avk9802
    Options
    tapirfrog wrote: »
    Jitteriness, spaciness, felt like I'd had five cups of espresso, couldn't keep a thought in my head for more than a few seconds at a time, felt too spacey to drive, couldn't finish a sentence without forgetting what I was trying to say. I took two pills and dumped the rest. I'd rather be hungry and still able to think, speak, and drive.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
  • avk9802
    Options
    I still say no to the pills. I was on them and life was great, I lost 60 pounds but I didn't change the way I thought about food or have any steady level of activity. When the pills stopped the weight came back plus some.

I changed how I thought about food, increased my activity level and now the weight stays off. There is no magic pill. Eat less and move more.

Good luck.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So far you have 6 very negative and 1 positive review. Which way are you leaning?
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I took them a long time ago and I felt like what my mom said, like I was on speed. I couldn't sit down I was cleaning when there was nothing to clean, it had me on hyper drive, my heart was beating to fast. It was scary so I stopped taking them, I don't know about weight loss because I took them for less thsmnnnn a week and quit because of the bad effects.

I eventually loss 60lbs from walking lots of miles, eating less food, documenting what I ate.

You can do this.
  • bonsai89
    bonsai89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Will you lose weight? Sure. Will it be fast? Probably. Is it going to damage your body long-term? Yes, whether you want to believe it or not.

I searched high and low for a doctor to prescribe this crap to me for almost 10 years. I finally found one last year, started taking the meds, had a migraine for a week, heart palpitations, lost 15 pounds, started having uncontrollable phen-rages so I weaned off of them and never went back. It's not worth it.

You're already skinny!! And beautiful! Please don't be one of the pretty thin healthy girls that gets so crack skinny that they look disgusting. It's so sad and unnecessary.
  • amb5128
    amb5128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I took it for 2 months to get my eating habits where I wasnt hungry 24/7. By the third month I quit taking it because my body was used to it any way and now I just use the rest sparingly. I LOVED it. I lost 30 pounds and now I have developed MUCH better eating habits and I began exercizing. It can be great so long as you are not relying on it to do all of the work for you. Use it to help train your body to be used to a healthy amount of food per day and you will be fine once you quit taking it. :)
  • amb5128
    amb5128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I got pregnant, I was 198, and was pushing 300 the day I had my son. I began the phentermine when I was 216 on March 31, and today I am down to 183
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Since you're just wanting experiences without opinions, here is mine. I've taken phentermine 2 separate times - both just for a month as a "kick start" (also recommended by my doctor) - the first time I took it was 3 years ago, second time was 2 years ago. I had the same experience both times, as far as side effects go. Insomnia, jittery, dry mouth/increased thirst, headaches, racing heart beat & palpitations, irritability/moodiness, increased sex drive (funny, yes, but not as pleasant as it sounds, I promise), and some bouts of depression. All within only a month of being on it. I did lose weight - both times, about 25lbs during that month. I started at MFP again a few months ago at my highest weight ever (higher than what I weighed at the beginning of both rounds of pills) - so take from that what you will. I will withhold my opinion. P.S. The heart palpitations never went away - I still get them... 2 years later.

ETA - While on the pills, I was using MFP, tracking, and eating (doctor recommended) 1200 calories a day. Definitely thought I was "establishing healthy habits" while on it. Didn't actually work out so well for me. Going the natural route now - eat less, move more - and am much happier.
  • avk9802
    Options
    Since you're just wanting experiences without opinions, here is mine. I've taken phentermine 2 separate times - both just for a month as a "kick nostart" (also recommended by my doctor) - the first time I took it was 3 years ago, second time was 2 years ago. I had the same experience both times, as far as side effects go. Insomnia, jittery, dry mouth/increased thirst, headaches, racing heart beat & palpitations, irritability/moodiness, increased sex drive (funny, yes, but not as pleasant as it sounds, I promise), and some bouts of depression. All within only a month of being on it. I did lose weight - both times, about 25lbs during that month. I started at MFP again a few months ago at my highest weight ever (higher than what I weighed at the beginning of both rounds of pills) - so take from that what you will. I will withhold my opinion. P.S. The heart palpitations never went away - I still get them... 2 years later.

ETA - While on the pills, I was using MFP, tracking, and eating (doctor recommended) 1200 calories a day. Definitely thought I was "establishing healthy habits" while on it. Didn't actually work out so well for me. Going the natural route now - eat less, move more - and am much happier.

Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!