hungry all the time :(

vikhog
vikhog Posts: 19 Member

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Do you have an idea as to why? Is it just today?
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Are you just making a statement or wanting advice?
  • aspenc12
    aspenc12 Posts: 5 Member
    As am I! I'm trying my best to eat frequently but small portions!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited July 2015
    do you eat enough protien and fat .. drink enough water get enough sleep?
    I find that when I lack in any of these departments/Macros I tend to eat more .. how about you ?
    Oh i forgot >Bored/Stressed.. some people eat More because of them things as well
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I don't know if you're looking for advice or just want to vent, but these are my really general tips for hunger:

1. Make sure that your calorie goals are actually set appropriately. Don't skip this step. A lot of people set goals that are too aggressive and then wonder why they're having a hard time. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

2. Look for foods higher in protein, fat, and fiber. These help us stay full and more satisfied longer. If you're using MFP's default settings, try to consider protein, fat, and fiber as minimums to reach every day rather than maximums to stay below.

3. Drink plenty of fluids. Some people really do confuse thirst and hunger.

4. Get plenty of rest. This includes sleeping enough and taking rest days from the exercise. Sometimes our bodies look for food when they're exhausted.

5. Play around with your meal timings. Some people do really well on 5-6 small meals a day and others feel like they want to gnaw their own arm off eating like that. Skipping breakfast, eating breakfast, 16:8 fasting, 6 small meals, 3 larger meals, snacks, no snacks, meal timing won't make a big difference to your weight loss, but it may help your hunger levels, mood, concentration, gym performance, etc. throughout the day. Don't be afraid to try a different way and see if it helps.

6. Wait it out. If you know you're eating enough and the other steps above aren't helping, you may just have to wait it out. Our bodies send out hunger signals partially out of habit. If you eat at a certain time every day your body will start to get hungry at that time. The good news is that these signals can be retrained to stop telling you to be hungry all the time. The bad news is that you may just have to be hungry for a little bit while that happens.

7. I also think it's important to remember that there's a habitual component to hunger. This goes along with point #6, but if you eat because you're bored or you're used to eating in front of the TV or in the car or whatever it is, then you can replace those habits with others that are better for you. Things like keeping water on hand to sip instead of snacking or picking up hobbies that keep your hands busy or that get you out of the house more can help out a little while you're retraining your hunger cues. You might need to pay attention to why you're eating/hungry or what you're feeling when you eat and try to replace food with other things, but it can be really beneficial over time.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    How many calories are you eating?? Are you getting enough protein? You may have re-assess your calorie needs or change the macros in MFP under goals; change the percentages around and see if that works. B)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    vikhog wrote: »

I tried looking at your diary but its blocked. Typically if your diet consists of high carb, low protein you constantly feel hungry. However if you up your protein intake to .8g x your body weight you will feel fuller longer. I was always hungry until I upped my protein intake, I didn't realize just how good it was for your diet. Now that I eat 40% Protein, 40% fat and fill the rest in with carbs, I am never hungry nor have cravings, I only eat out of necessity and I am constantly loosing
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    I don't know if you're looking for advice or just want to vent, but these are my really general tips for hunger:

1. Make sure that your calorie goals are actually set appropriately. Don't skip this step. A lot of people set goals that are too aggressive and then wonder why they're having a hard time. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

2. Look for foods higher in protein, fat, and fiber. These help us stay full and more satisfied longer. If you're using MFP's default settings, try to consider protein, fat, and fiber as minimums to reach every day rather than maximums to stay below.

3. Drink plenty of fluids. Some people really do confuse thirst and hunger.

4. Get plenty of rest. This includes sleeping enough and taking rest days from the exercise. Sometimes our bodies look for food when they're exhausted.

5. Play around with your meal timings. Some people do really well on 5-6 small meals a day and others feel like they want to gnaw their own arm off eating like that. Skipping breakfast, eating breakfast, 16:8 fasting, 6 small meals, 3 larger meals, snacks, no snacks, meal timing won't make a big difference to your weight loss, but it may help your hunger levels, mood, concentration, gym performance, etc. throughout the day. Don't be afraid to try a different way and see if it helps.

6. Wait it out. If you know you're eating enough and the other steps above aren't helping, you may just have to wait it out. Our bodies send out hunger signals partially out of habit. If you eat at a certain time every day your body will start to get hungry at that time. The good news is that these signals can be retrained to stop telling you to be hungry all the time. The bad news is that you may just have to be hungry for a little bit while that happens.

7. I also think it's important to remember that there's a habitual component to hunger. This goes along with point #6, but if you eat because you're bored or you're used to eating in front of the TV or in the car or whatever it is, then you can replace those habits with others that are better for you. Things like keeping water on hand to sip instead of snacking or picking up hobbies that keep your hands busy or that get you out of the house more can help out a little while you're retraining your hunger cues. You might need to pay attention to why you're eating/hungry or what you're feeling when you eat and try to replace food with other things, but it can be really beneficial over time.
    Pretty much

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMGUmcveQeg
    if you eat the right stuff, you can eat until you're bursting!
  • vikhog
    The diet I'm on I have a small list of food I'm allowed so i feel like I'm not eating enough but don't no what I can do with the foods I'm allowed . is there a way I can post a picture to show you ?
  • vikhog
    How do I unblock it ?
    I tried looking at your diary but its blocked. Typically if your diet consists of high carb, low protein you constantly feel hungry. However if you up your protein intake to .8g x your body weight you will feel fuller longer. I was always hungry until I upped my protein intake, I didn't realize just how good it was for your diet. Now that I eat 40% Protein, 40% fat and fill the rest in with carbs, I am never hungry nor have cravings, I only eat out of necessity and I am constantly loosing

• Amethyst327
    Amethyst327 Posts: 12 Member
    I think it's normal. we making big dietary changes. it seems to get better for me as time goes on though
  • vikhog
    I try to go to bed early so I won't eat ha its hard
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    How do I unblock it ?

Click on the food diary tab, then go to settings and there should be an option for the public to view it
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    The diet I'm on I have a small list of food I'm allowed so i feel like I'm not eating enough but don't no what I can do with the foods I'm allowed . is there a way I can post a picture to show you ?
    Do you have a medical reason to be on such a restrictive diet?
  • vikhog
    @soldiergrl_101 its done
  • vikhog
    @Amethyst327 first few days was fine but starting to crave now
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    OP- since you've opened your diary I see that for the past week you ate between 882 and 1056 cals a day. This is too little. You need to eat at least 1200 a day. Try getting closer to your target calories and choose protein, healthy fats, etc.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Your daily goal is 1470 cal, but it looks like you're only eating around 900-1100 calories per day. That would make pretty much anyone hungry. You should at least eat 1200 cal per day.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Looking thru your diary you are not eating enough. You know you can eat a lot more and still lose weight.