Options
2»

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    kamack1215 wrote: »
    There is no difference from breaking out your workout into two sessions a day. It is the same as me spending 2 hours at the gym straight and doing my cardio and strength all in one go.

Noy quite because they have the recovery time inbetween, which makes a difference.

Please elaborate....which are you saying is more beneficial, 2 hours straight, or a recovery time in between?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike in the morning a lot and workout at lunch. It's not an issue.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I do this 3 days a week.
    M
    W
    F
    45minutes of cardio at 5am and then at night around 7pm, I do an hour of weight training.
    M-Sat I work out nights for about an hour, doing 45 minutes of weight training with 10 minutes of cardio.

Just make sure you listen to your body and feed it enough to keep up with the added activity.
  • MCinBC
    MCinBC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I even think this is a smart way to do. You can work harder by cutting training in 2 sessions.
    I do gym (1hr) in morning and cardio (run/bike) at end of afternoon 6 days a week and alternate days off so I do exercise 7 days a week.
    No matter what, keep it moving guys, that's so healthy for the body, mind and soul.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    There is no difference from breaking out your workout into two sessions a day. It is the same as me spending 2 hours at the gym straight and doing my cardio and strength all in one go.

Noy quite because they have the recovery time inbetween, which makes a difference.

Please elaborate....which are you saying is more beneficial, 2 hours straight, or a recovery time in between?

personally speaking, I think having recovery time in between is beneficial in that you're basically going to be able to go 100% at both activities...whereas if you're just doing 2 hours straight, you're going to be losing steam along the way...

really though, it would depend on goals...when I'm endurance training I often spend hours on the bike, which is far more beneficial for training endurance than multiple sessions on the bike.

matters of fitness are rarely black and white; you have to consider fitness objectives.
  • iammantistobbogan
    iammantistobbogan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I often do that - especially on weight training days - I'll lift and do cardio later or start my day with cardio and do weight training after work. For me it's mainly about time management and scheduling(I also work full time and am completing a part time degree) but I also feel I get more out of my workouts as they are not so drawn out. x
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Guys i m going to workout twice a day...
    cardio at 7am to 8m
    Weight at 1pm in afternoon...
    Confused...pls help...shall i do it or no...there is gap of only 5 hours...has anybody does this...is it extremely fine to do like this....pls reply

You're pretty much asking if your routine will create negative side effects in regards to over-training. Correct? If that's the case, you have to define the meaning of over-training, which is a hotly debated subject in exercise science. There's really no definitive answer if you really look into over-training; because it boils down to normative, opinion-based answers, that don't necessarily tell you if you are "overdoing it". What I'm trying to say is do whatever the F*** you want. Just be consistent with your routine. Make sure you measure your results. Know your goals. Have the right nutrition. Bamn, you'll be good.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been working out twice a day all summer since I'm off. While I did lose weight and gain muscle, I also worsened my plantar's fasciitis. Just make sure you're ready and take any precautions for issues you might have. If you're nice and healthy I say go for it!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    jaga13 wrote: »

personally speaking, I think having recovery time in between is beneficial in that you're basically going to be able to go 100% at both activities...whereas if you're just doing 2 hours straight, you're going to be losing steam along the way...

really though, it would depend on goals...when I'm endurance training I often spend hours on the bike, which is far more beneficial for training endurance than multiple sessions on the bike.

matters of fitness are rarely black and white; you have to consider fitness objectives.

Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!