Loving planning a TREAT in my day but have to HIDE the bag to maintain control!

Options
2»

Replies

• petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    What about making healthy alternatives and freezing them? Like making cacao protein balls (delicious) which hit the spot but aren't as dangerous?

I am a salt person. I crave cinema popcorn (awesome as I cannot get to it) and chips. When it comes to those things, I don't keep them in the house. Once a week I will work them into my day so I can know that it is coming, enjoy it and then know it is just a week away again.

But different strokes for folks!

Mmm I love popcorn..I actually tend to over do it with popcorn also. But I try to work it into my week. I like pop secret butter flavor
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Ha! I do the same as you. I ask my husband to hide the bag/package.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have no advice. If I eat one, then I can not stop. If I just totally refrain I'm good, at least till the weekend :|
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Snack sized oreos only. I have a problem. Same with potato chips. It's a serious danger for me!

Anyways, kudos for portioning them all out! Maybe I can do that and get my boyfriend to hide them. I'd get plenty of exercise searching for them.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My ex was tall as well and I found something almost immediately by thinking, "Where would a tall person put this?" :'(

(In this case, I don't think I'd asked him to hide it.)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I usually buy things in single servings and make the trip for them. We have almost everything in single servings (yes, you could buy a tablespoon of nutella and a package of 2 oreo cookies). When I feel like I want to have something I usually don't keep it in the house, I make a trip for it. It's actually how I judge if it's worth having or not. If I'm willing to make the trip then it's worth the calories, if not, then I don't want it enough to justify the calories.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Haha, I have control, but Oreos are my ultimate weakness! I literally throw the package onto the very top of the cabinet. If I want it down I have to wait for my boyfriend to get it or climb up there (scared of heights). If I'm feeling good I just push them to the very back of the fridge so I can't see them unless I bend over (try em cold).

Yanno, things stored up high tend to get bugs or rats . . .

They don't last that long, And there are no bugs/rats/mice in my place! I keep a clean house ;D
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Freeze the Oreos in serving single serving size. If you can't hang then stop buying them. I have 2 college kids in the house. Junk is unavoidable. I must resist or allow it in small portions. Work it into the macros. It can be done!
  • scasey250
    scasey250 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can't have it in the house or I binge
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have an empty almond tub stuffed with pre-portioned cookies, currently Chips Ahoy! banana chocolate and Reese's Oreo's I found at the 99 cent store. Making myself to weigh them out really killed my desire to binge.

I had to learn how to deal pretty quickly because I live in a house where people bring all sorts of sweets every week.