Breaking past the first wall.

Options
klbidder
klbidder Posts: 23 Member
I'm pretty sure this is a feeling or a story you can all emphasise with..
You're noticing a decline in fitness which correlates with a decline in mood, confidence and how you feel about yourself. You keep making promises to get active, start a diet and do those 100 crunches the second you get out of bed.

But let's be honest. Food is tasty. Maybe too tasty.

Every plan or attempt to sort myself out seems to fail and I'm thinking maybe I'm setting myself goals that are too high and unachievable targets. Maybe it's time to accept these things don't happen overnight.

Anyway.. My name's Kate.

Hopefully this app will help me keep track and I can make a gradual yet permanent change. I want to feel good in myself as I'm sure everyone else does too.

Today is my first day so here goes!

Replies

• marcontreras925
    marcontreras925 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel Kate. I measured out my macaroni and cheese for dinner and was shocked by how little 2 1/2 ounces is. We can do it one day at a time though. One less bite of macaroni at a time
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It feels great when you compete your daily dairy!!!!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    klbidder wrote: »
    You're noticing a decline in fitness which correlates with a decline in mood, confidence and how you feel about yourself...
    Very common.
    I can make a gradual yet permanent change.
    Perfect!

When I start out to work I usually do not stop because I am in a poor mood. Well, yes, clinical depression could certainly stop me, no argument there.

You can do this. Try to log in each day, find a point of success each day. It adds up.
  • fatcaterpillar
    fatcaterpillar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started also and totally get what you mean! Added you :)
  • irock1962
    irock1962 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It feels great when you compete your daily dairy!!!!

• catfg
    catfg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate. You're already making a great step forward! You got this! Just keep pushing!
  • klbidder
    Options
    I measured out my macaroni and cheese for dinner and was shocked by how little 2 1/2 ounces is. We can do it one day at a time though. One less bite of macaroni at a time

Yeah it's crazy! I'm used to having big portions from when I used to do a lot of exercise but I don't do any now and still have big plates so obviously have started piling it on
  • klbidder
    Options
    ukaryote wrote: »
    When I start out to work I usually do not stop because I am in a poor mood. Well, yes, clinical depression could certainly stop me, no argument there.

You can do this. Try to log in each day, find a point of success each day. It adds up.

Yes! I think I'm doing this more for increasing my moods rather than the weight loss per say. You can do this to!

• klbidder
    Options
    I was suprised to wake up to these responses this morning, everyone's support has already motivated me today!