Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

After-dinner, tv-time munchies

2»

Replies

• CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Not for everyone, but a cup of frozen peas
  • parvy123
    parvy123 Posts: 206 Member
    So glad you posted this and good to see everyone's comments. I too am really struggling with this. I go in phases - sometimes my resolve is great for weeks and then I lose it and snack snack snack. I even find myself craving bowls of cereal at 10.30pm!

I am going to have to tell myself NO snacking after dinner - and perhaps stop the cup of tea or coffee too - because this usually has associations with snacking (tea and a biscuit or 10!)

Frozen grapes are great and so are orange juice ice lollies when it is hot - they really help

Good luck everyone!
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Some great suggestions here! My problem time is from the minute I walk in home, whether it's after school run at 3.30 or later, until I have got my evening meal ready, whatever it is, whatever I have eaten that day. I always seem to blow my diet!

However, from now on I will try doing sit ups, push ups, etc whilst dinner is cooking in the hope it will occupy my hands so they aren't in the biscuit cupboard!

B x
  • ohhbee2012
    ohhbee2012 Posts: 17
    tea! seriously, it is so filling and the possibilities are endless as to the Flavor you pick. Decaf will still let you get to sleep too :)
    My favorites : Yogi Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut
    Celestial Seasonings Thai Coconut Decaf Chai

0 calories with a packet of splenda, and warm vanilla yumminess to help lull you to sleep!
  • My problem is not really that I am hungry, but if I ever sit down after 8 pm to watch television I fall asleep.....drives my husband insane...the only way I can stay awake is to eat popcorn. I buy the lite versions so the calories are not that bad, and I always have room in my daily allowance for it.
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    This sounds odd but I eat ice. I love the crunching and it gives me the feeling that I am eating something when it's just water. Weird but it works!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Jerzeeblondie Posts: 236
    lots of great ideas..... eattin ice and making frozen juice popsicles sounds good, it's still helping the chewing part. I like the popcorn too, I find myself doing that a lot and then afterwards I crave something sweet. I've been trying to cut out the snacking altogehter but, maybe I'll just start working it into my calories!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    If I get the munchies I make a cup of decaf coffee put a little of light whip cream in there good to go..
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    I like frozen raspberries/blackberries, carrots, and bell pepers for munchies. You can go hog wild on them and you probably won't eat enough to go over your calories ;)
  • Try vitatop chocolate chip muffin top with 2 tbsp of lite whipped cream. In total its 120 calorie snack that tastes amazing :)
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    I keep enough calories (or earn enogh calories by going for a walk/bike ride) so that I can have an after dinner snack. If I don' t eat I feel nauseous in the morning, and its really bad if I don't eat and my kids have a bad night and I end up being up repeatedly during the night.

I usually have half a granny smith apple and some pretzels.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    This is where I struggle too and I have a protein shake every evening and it really helps!!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Evening snacking is my biggest downfall as well, it's really just a bad habit that I connect with watching tv. If I'm doing ANYTHING else I'm fine...but as soon as I'm in front of the tv I want to snack. So for me one solution is not to watch as much tv...but when I've decided to be in a couch potato mode then I allow myself one snack, and after that I switch to drinking tea.