Comic Geeks?

Options

Replies

• moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    i like that archie has a gay character now. branching out.
    Do they? That's great!
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Nope! I just finished buying the full Harley Quinn 93 DC run. I love comics.

check out this harley/ivy cosplay, these girls look amazing:
    san-diego-comic-con-2015-ign-cosplay-photos-061jpg-64578f610wjpg-306c02.jpg

This whole thing where the ladies are suddenly into cosplay is the single greatest thing that could have ever happened to the world of the comic geek. Just sayin'...
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    2pbz819yp6xm.jpg
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    are any of you guys comic book artists?
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options
    yeah but i stick to realism more than comics, i did start out with them though. helped me no end with my proportions
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    jpw9yz7zt5rw.jpg

@bunnyxhime Have you read the Cyclops spinoff from the All New X-Men? It's pretty good.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I had to do quite a bit of classical drawing and painting in school. In some ways that's easier than drawing comics/graphic novels, IMO.

Unless you're talking oil paintings like John Singer Sargent or something lol

really? i never found it that way. I found the simplistic style of comic books and (the more popular nowadays) manga a bit limiting, If were talking the wolverine one above then i havent drawn that style before.

I appreciate the creation aspect of a comic, the ability to not use a static ref, i found that hard.

I'm strictly graphite, i draw part time now, doesnt pay well haha. do you have any examples of your work?
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    This one? If so, I only came upon it recently (I know it's been out for over a year >.o), but I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it. Is Cyclops your favorite X-Man?
    reh43d4spi30.jpg
  • constancesimmons
    constancesimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love this thread and had to share my two cents. Kamala Khan (Ms Marvel) gives the best description of Logan that I've ever seen in these panels. fgb0imt9tsp8.jpg
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    q17nmztueir2.jpg
  • kasrok
    kasrok Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Alex Ross is gold,

So what's everyone's pull list like?
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    i like that archie has a gay character now. branching out.
    Do they? That's great!
    Unfortunately, yes. It's very weird. Also new to Archie is exploration of the main character's own death and afterlife. I haven't seen the issue but read that he dies as he lived (selfless and willing to do anything for a friend), while defending said character who otherwise would have died for those beliefs.