Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Ooci wrote: »
    Oh so many, what a lovely idea for a thread!
    • No more surgery for endometriosis ( I hope! Last scan showed a reduction in my left endometrioma to way below the size at which they cut them out - good news as this disease has seen me in terrible pain and having major ops!
      • No more hives
      • No more angiodema
      • No more anaemia (the theory behind all this by the way is that excess fat leads to an over production of oestrogen which causes these sorts of heavy period and endometriosis and immune response probs)
      • No more chub rub! No more raw thighs!
      • No more cracked heels!
      • No more asthma!
      • Amazing, increased energy
      • Men flirt with me again!!!!! I really thought I was beyond ever being sexually attractive to anyone
      • New friends from sport
      • New hobbies
      • Whole new lifestyle

Basically my body and mind could not deal with being 4 st overweight and went into mental and physical meltdown!! It's beyond fabulous to be freed of that!

Impressive results.

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    veroden wrote: »
    I cross my arms A LOT over my chest/ or stomach when I am standing. It used to be very uncomfortable and hard to do when I was 100 lbs heavier. Now I do it all the time because it is comfortable and feels natural now.

Lol, I'm the exact opposite!! I used to cross my arms over my chest a lot, however now that I'm 70 lbs down I stand with my hands on my hips! I think it may be because I can now find my hips. . .
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Something unexpected for me- my hubby wants to go to the gym with me tonight. We're going to make it a date. I never in a million years EVER expected that we would be having a date like that. And I am all excited, too. Picking out my cutest gym clothes, lol. I think seeing me lose all the weight I have is encouraging him to get healthy, too. I hope so, because I think he would be an awesome workout buddy! <3

Wow, that is so awesome ! I love reading this thread.
    I always ask my husband if he wants to go with me when I head out for my evening walk... hoping some day he will say yes.

My husband would do walks and hikes, but never real workouts with me. That is, not until I got really serious about working out and now he's running 3 times a week! We've started running together and it's so much more enjoyable than doing it on our own (and motivating, too, since we're both really competitive!). Who knew I could like running? lol
  • ishkur
    ishkur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    chairs aren't comfy anymore. my butt hurts because i lost a loooot of cushion!!!!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My skin has really improved from limiting sugar/refined carbohydrates!
  • S0ADORABL3
    S0ADORABL3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lower back dimples. Didn't know I had them until bf pointed them out. I had always thought that only skinny people had the lower back dimples.
  • S0ADORABL3
    S0ADORABL3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Something unexpected for me- my hubby wants to go to the gym with me tonight. We're going to make it a date. I never in a million years EVER expected that we would be having a date like that. And I am all excited, too. Picking out my cutest gym clothes, lol. I think seeing me lose all the weight I have is encouraging him to get healthy, too. I hope so, because I think he would be an awesome workout buddy! <3

Wow, that is so awesome ! I love reading this thread.
    I always ask my husband if he wants to go with me when I head out for my evening walk... hoping some day he will say yes.

My husband would do walks and hikes, but never real workouts with me. That is, not until I got really serious about working out and now he's running 3 times a week! We've started running together and it's so much more enjoyable than doing it on our own (and motivating, too, since we're both really competitive!). Who knew I could like running? lol

I wold love to have my hubby work out with me! I've been trying to years but with no luck. My new plan is similar to yours, I want to do a zombie run so I'm thinking if I start training with the goal being the race and then make it into some sort of vacation weekend he will want to participate after a while.
  • lbmarshall23
    lbmarshall23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    S0ADORABL3 wrote: »
    Lower back dimples. Didn't know I had them until bf pointed them out. I had always thought that only skinny people had the lower back dimples.

I thought I had them cause I'm fat, this makes me feel better lol
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    KimWW wrote: »
    I have only lost 35 of over 200 pounds needed. Not much has changed yet, in ME. But my daughters (who I try to be gentle with about weight issues, because I don't want to make things worse) are looking GOOD. They come to the pool with me to swim sometimes, and since I have been eating healthier, the whole family has been eating healthier.

I was looking at pics from our beach vacation of 2013. My youngest was getting visibly chubby. Today she wears the same swimsuit, but looks so much healthier! This summer she will need a new suit, as this one is getting too loose.

Fantastic. Keeping your children from a lifetime of weight-related health problems is probably one of the most important things you can do. And if your family is eating healthier because of your example and your food preparation, then you have already made a tremendous impact. Well done, and keep up the good work!

• fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    These are so totally awesome!!! I have a long way to go; these stories give me hope & are so inspirational and funny!! Thank you!!!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ishkur wrote: »

If you thought only "skinny people" had those, then why do you not think you are "skinny" because YOU have them?

@ishkur It's a 'fatty' mindset. That will take MUCH longer to go away than the excess body fat in most cases.
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    My bottom hurts when I sit on a hard seat. I can live with it though! :)

Oh yes. The seats are far harder on my backside now. More reason to stand, I suppose!

I just returned from a trip to the Netherlands to see some dear friends. I had kept the weight loss a secret, so seeing me 30 kilos lighter spawned a lot of discussion and comments like a good-natured quote from Eddie Murphy: "Get your bony *kitten* outa here!" which was followed by lots of laughter and toasts to my success.

The last time I visited, I was humiliated to have to push my bike up the hill to Berg en Dal, but this time, I had no problem at all. I'm still not as comfortable or quick on a bike, but I have no hope of competing with the Dutch on bicycles... or drinking, for that matter.

I did gain a pound on the trip, but had no scale upon which to weigh during the past two weeks. I'm back on the routine now, and have reset my goal, having reached the first one.

Agree about the collar bone, knees, etc. I have greater vitality, and my libido seems to have re-emerged.

Great success, everyone!!

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ishkur wrote: »

If you thought only "skinny people" had those, then why do you not think you are "skinny" because YOU have them?

@ishkur It's a 'fatty' mindset. That will take MUCH longer to go away than the excess body fat in most cases.

I call it 'thinposter syndrome' it's like in my mind I'm a fat person masquerading as a thin person. I'm slowly getting better at seeing myself as a fit and healthy person though, but it's certainly going to take time!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Even in the middle of summer, I have to turn the little space heater on in the office where I work because it gets chilly at night in here. When the 1st shift workers arrive in the morning, they always complain that it's like a sauna in my office. And I feel like it's just getting comfortable.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    May33338 wrote: »
    Mine was feeling my tailbone against any hard surface I sat on and feeling ever so cold wherever I was.

Another thing was how the guy who'd never looked at me when I was overweight, started paying attention to me. It made me sad instead of happy because I am the same girl he's been studying with for the past six months.

This. Most of the changes with weight loss are positive, but I feel pretty down in many ways about other people's changing attitudes and how much more positive attention I will get as a smaller woman than I am used to getting now. I used to be pretty small (after being a fat kid, who then developed an ED, and lost a ton of weight) then packed on nearly 100 pounds in the following years. I am in the process of taking that 100 pounds back off again, this time in a healthy and careful way, but the thought of how other peoples behavior will inevitably change as I change is quite a mental hurdle. I've actually asked close friends of mine to refrain from making comments, because I don't want those relationships to change. I DO want and need to be healthier, hence the weight loss. So, how do others deal with changes in their relationships with friends, family, and prospective partners after weight loss? I am interested in hearing practical suggestions.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

This. Most of the changes with weight loss are positive, but I feel pretty down in many ways about other people's changing attitudes and how much more positive attention I will get as a smaller woman than I am used to getting now. I used to be pretty small (after being a fat kid, who then developed an ED, and lost a ton of weight) then packed on nearly 100 pounds in the following years. I am in the process of taking that 100 pounds back off again, this time in a healthy and careful way, but the thought of how other peoples behavior will inevitably change as I change is quite a mental hurdle. I've actually asked close friends of mine to refrain from making comments, because I don't want those relationships to change. I DO want and need to be healthier, hence the weight loss. So, how do others deal with changes in their relationships with friends, family, and prospective partners after weight loss? I am interested in hearing practical suggestions.[/quote]

Certain family members have been super supportive, and some have had some not-so-nice things to say. For them, I just ignore it. It is hard for me to deal with strangers being more friendly towards me and talking to me. I have been heavy for 13 years, so I am used to being invisible. That has been the hardest thing for me.
  • nats822
    nats822 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to post in here! The months cannot go quick enough...

BUT when I lost weight the last time, I was always looking at and touching my hip bones. I'd never seen them before! In my work and public toilet mirrors when noone else was there id lift my shirt a bit and look. And walking around or standing I'd find myself rubbing or holiding my hip bones haha. I can't wait to see them again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!