Replies

• cocunutmilk
    cocunutmilk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend truenutrion.com to get exactly what you want
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Then whey is fine for you. I use Optimum Nutrition too. It's one of the most popular and an award-winning whey protein and available in my country. It's not the cleanest whey protein outhere, as it's got additives.But looking for a clean whey protein is pretty tough. So, just pick the one that has the least additives or fillers.
    edivack wrote: »
    elga_thres wrote: »
    I just bought whey protein. It's the quickest type of protein absorbed by the body. However, I think kind of protein depends on you. Do you have allergies? Are a vegetarian? What's your goal?

I do not have allergies I am NOT a vegetarian and my goal is to slim up

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    I've lost 67lbs. using Now Sports Pea Protein (unflavored) in my smoothies! It's vegan and is non-gmo and no additives or artificial sweeteners (which I am allergic too). Recommend it---it only tastes good blended with fruit, or cocoa powder & agave, almond milk, coconut milk etc. I have also cooked with it...and it was delicious in pancakes, bread mixed (banana bread), etc.
  • NicoleK31
    NicoleK31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use this one. I find it has less of that intense "protein powder" taste and is very smooth and chocolately http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/m/p/genuine-health-vegan-proteins-double-chocolate-280-g-powder/9g-1017
  • edivack
    edivack Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whey or casein are the most common, you can read all the hype about the other crap they put in it but in my experience what makes or breaks a whey powder is how palatable it is. Cheap whey can be nasty to the point where its in-edible. If you are slimming avoid anything with carbs in (bulking) - this should be clear by the package and the calorie content. I'm on a bag of PhD Pharma+ Whey in strawberry creme and its delicious.

Also, I realise I'm not a lady but they don't/shouldn't make these things specific so I thought I'd chime in.

What I meant by saying for women was I was looking for something that wouldn't make me bulk. I probably should've been more specific

Protein won't make anyone bulk. If you just sit on the couch and down your maintenance worth of calories in protein you'll be the same the next day/month/year. Other than that your muscles might atrophy due to lack of use. With that said, Protein won't make you magically lose weight either.

What protein does is it helps in repairing your muscles after you work out. Protein also has a side affect of making you feel fuller longer (not guaranteed). Working out and eating at a surplus is what makes you bulk, and even then it won't turn you into one of those steroid abusers.

Are you lifting heavy? If not, don't waste your money. Are you falling short of your reasonable protein goal? No? Then don't waste your money. If you are lifting, and trying to gain muscle, and falling short of your reasonable protein goal or need added convenience for late evening lifts, then get a protein that has as high protein % (grams of protein per calorie) as you can, for as cheap as you can, in a flavor you like. I personally use Optimum Nutrition and think it tastes good just in water.

I understand what it does. I'm looking for protein because I AM working out and I AM not getting enough protein in my diet.
  • edivack
    edivack Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Then whey is fine for you. I use Optimum Nutrition too. It's one of the most popular and an award-winning whey protein and available in my country. It's not the cleanest whey protein outhere, as it's got additives.But looking for a clean whey protein is pretty tough. So, just pick the one that has the least additives or fillers.
    I just bought whey protein. It's the quickest type of protein absorbed by the body. However, I think kind of protein depends on you. Do you have allergies? Are a vegetarian? What's your goal?

Thank you. I didn't mean to capitalize the not when I said I'm not vegetarian
  • guru209
    guru209 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gold standard 100% whey. You'll make all kinds of gainz
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :)

Thank you. I didn't mean to capitalize the not when I said I'm not vegetarian

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Whey or casein are the most common, you can read all the hype about the other crap they put in it but in my experience what makes or breaks a whey powder is how palatable it is. Cheap whey can be nasty to the point where its in-edible. If you are slimming avoid anything with carbs in (bulking) - this should be clear by the package and the calorie content. I'm on a bag of PhD Pharma+ Whey in strawberry creme and its delicious.

Also, I realise I'm not a lady but they don't/shouldn't make these things specific so I thought I'd chime in.

This is nonsense. You don't need to avoid carbs while "slimming".

OP, honestly, find a protein that you like the taste. Each person likes something different. I would definitely look at whey or cassein as they have all essential amino acids and have been tested the most. Ones I have enjoyed: Dymatize, Muscle Milk, EAS, Pure Protein, Body Fortress, Designer Whey, etc.. I tried ON but wasn't a huge fan. I hated shakeology.

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I understand what it does. I'm looking for protein because I AM working out and I AM not getting enough protein in my diet.

If you really understood what it does, then you wouldn't be looking for a non-bulking protein powder with suggestions from women only.