Is it just me?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    Don't accept blind friend invites.

I've written in my profile to please include a message with a friend request. 9 times out of 10 there is no message! I doubt many people even bother reading profiles...
    I believe you can see your profile views under your notifications interface. I get a lot of blank friend requests too, but my profile says to say why you want to friend me.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,423 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Never had an issue with that. Though I only got a few very kind friend requests, which I turned down kindly simply because I don't have time to be more active here than what I post in the forums.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I laughed the other day because a Beachbody coach posted on the forums, I replied pointing out it was against the TOS and reported it and it got deleted, then I got a friend request from her saying "I saw you replied to my thread but it was deleted before I got a chance to read it, but I'd love to talk to you about the product!"
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I laughed the other day because a Beachbody coach posted on the forums, I replied pointing out it was against the TOS and reported it and it got deleted, then I got a friend request from her saying "I saw you replied to my thread but it was deleted before I got a chance to read it, but I'd love to talk to you about the product!"

Haha!
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It's only happened to me once, and the person was sneaky: it was a solid week before the sales pitches started. I have a fairly small friends list overall, so I think I'm relatively safe.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Can't say I have had anyone try to sell me stuff other than the spam in the forums with the impeccable English and oh so tempting links.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    Don't accept blind friend invites.

What's the harm? A strangers just a friend you haven't meet.

What do they do? Send you a message with a link in it? What can they get access to?

I don't think I have any important details like back or credit cards stored in mfp.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Block sales people

The sharks are directly proportionate to the duck-face / cleavage shot avatar percentage

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    That's never happened to me.

But, you do have 200 friends (compared to my 38), so you're bound to get a higher percentage of jerk friends.

Also, I'm pretty selective about whom I add to my friends list. There has to be some sort of connection first.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Block sales people

The sharks are directly proportionate tothe duck-face / cleavage shot avatar percentage

:wink:

I really don't think they realise how they're coming across :huh:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,718 Member
    Options
    I ask people to include something with their friend request. So far only 1 out of 4 do! Accepted a FR from someone with no message once. Looked at their wall and saw a message about product availability. Unfriended them. Total time of friendship? 35 seconds +/- 5 ;-)
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been on mfp for 3 years and no never
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Block sales people

The sharks are directly proportionate tothe duck-face / cleavage shot avatar percentage

:wink:

I really don't think they realise how they're coming across :huh:

She accidentally made a duck face when posing for her avatar?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a little under 2 months ago..and within those two months I've been hit up by at least 15 people masquerading as "supportive friends", trying to sell me some bogus shake, drink, supplement or etc.
    Does me being fat make me seem like an easy target who will just go for anything that promises weight loss?!
    I'm educated in the fact that the only way I'm going to lose weight is CICO, and it's working great for me...it's just rather annoying.
    Anyone else get this???

When I get a sales pitch email I Block User. I'm sort of surprised there isn't a Report Spam button.

I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know from the forums.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this happen at all. But I also don't have a picture of myself on my profile and I don't accept a lot of friends.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Block sales people

The sharks are directly proportionate to the duck-face / cleavage shot avatar percentage

tumblr_mfx7f9cmec1qc04bco1_400.gif