Some thoughts on "Starting Over"

Options

Replies

• Jungley
    Jungley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gees what an amazing post. I like the mindfulness of it all -great Law of Attraction.
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great post, Thank you!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Totally makes sense. As a relapser myself and about to go into maintenance again I have come to a lot of the same conclusions. I've been thinking about strategies to have more success this time. Thanks for the post- I think I just might print it out for my own reminders!
  • BlueBeeMel
    BlueBeeMel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. I've also had CFS and it was then that I put on weight for the first time in my life. Until then I'd really never had to worry about weight. 6 years on I now have 20kgs to lose and all of my attempts in the past have failed. I use chocolate and muffins etc to give me boosts in energy and to nurture my emotions. I've been working on these areas for the past 6 months to no avail. I'm now going to give it a go with MFP. Thanks
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Probably the best I've read on here. Thank you!
  • Moop87
    Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • teachergal71
    teachergal71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this encouragement. :)
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started over a dozen times in the past 4 years and always came back, this time imma gonna make it though!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Love your post. I agree self-flagellation doesn't accomplish anything. I'm in the "I'm not going to weigh and log my food for the rest of my life stage."

I'm not ready to come out of it but I'm still on here. I'm still trying to be mindful. I haven't quit and I'm not starting over. I'm just trying something different for awhile.

If it doesn't work, I'll try something else without any breast beating.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    great post - thanks for sharing :)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Simply brilliant post - well reasoned, impassioned and expertly penned. Bravo Zulu!
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post. I am not trying to lose weight anymore (maintaining), but your insight helped me with something else I am struggling with. So thanks!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I saw one error about failing 7 times.
    I failed 10 times. :s

Seriously, this was great!

THANKS!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this old post has been bumped up! Great read!
  • carpicke
    carpicke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am a work in progress and sometimes progress is slow,,,never give up on yourself!
  • pastorspeedy
    pastorspeedy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So true thanks for sharing!
  • traceylyn68
    traceylyn68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great post..

• traceylyn68
    traceylyn68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Really made me think about my comment to losing my weight.im very heavy, my back and knees hurt alot.ty for advice.