Replies

• emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I put that I wanted to lose 1 lb and it puts me back to the 1400 calories
  • shantinque32
    shantinque32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been STARVING this past week. I can't get enough food and I know I need to stop. But my belly is growling at me. I've been drinking tons of water as well to see if it's just being thirsty. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but I feel like I could eat tons at every meal....

Ik how you feel im trying my best to stop eating so much and its hard so try some appetite suppressers such as green tea, coffee, mint tea, apple cider vingar, and ginger
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

You could change it to .5 lb. That should give you 1650. MFP numbers aren't going to translate to that scooby calculator since MFP is based on how many lbs per week you want to lose. That other calculator does not (it's giving me a deficit of 310 calories a day, which is more than a 1/2 lb but less than a whole lb).
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    The scooby calculator factors in your activity level; MFP does not, you have to do that yourself. Which is why I use the Scooby one - I don't want to have to add in my activity level every single day and then figure out how many calories to eat back or not.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

My Home > Goals > hit the edit button for the "Daily Nutrition Goals" and manually input your new calorie goal.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I always feel hungry in calorie deficit. I know a lot of people on here are like "I ate at a 1000 calorie deficit and was never hungry once." I've never experienced that in the 18+ months I've counted calories. I think if you are on a diet (lifestyle change) you are going to be hungry.

I don't really have any suggestions but I did want to mention that your baby is so so cute.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm about two weeks out from that time!

Ovulation hunger. Gets me every time.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    The ovulation hunger I guess could be a big part of it! I went to the store last night and bought some healthier options and snacks! Thanks everyone!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I always feel hungry in calorie deficit. I know a lot of people on here are like "I ate at a 1000 calorie deficit and was never hungry once." I've never experienced that in the 18+ months I've counted calories. I think if you are on a diet (lifestyle change) you are going to be hungry.

I don't really have any suggestions but I did want to mention that your baby is so so cute.

Thanks :-) that is a really old picture of him. That was almost a year ago!
  • sw777y
    sw777y Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So you should have at least 1000-1200 calories a day. Try eating every 2-3 hours... Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. And try not to eat past 730-8pm.
    Hope this helps.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    sw777y wrote: »
    So you should have at least 1000-1200 calories a day. Try eating every 2-3 hours... Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. And try not to eat past 730-8pm.
    Hope this helps.

My lord woman, if she's hungry on 1,400 a day how on earth do you think she'll feel on 1,000 a day???

Starving yourself is entirely unnecessary to lose weight and a sure path to failure.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options

So we learn over time that the feeling of hunger is not really "starving" like we once thought it was.

I think this is an important observation. Also that managing hunger isn't a stupid question at all. Its crucial, actually. I expect my stomach to growl about an hour before my next meal. For me, 100g protein and 25g fiber daily keep me full, and a big breakfast makes me hungry all day. BUT it's very individual, YMMV. Probably the single most important consideration isn't meal timing or macros but having an appropriate calorie goal.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I've been STARVING this past week. I can't get enough food and I know I need to stop. But my belly is growling at me. I've been drinking tons of water as well to see if it's just being thirsty. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but I feel like I could eat tons at every meal....
    What's stupid?
    Anyway, that's how I felt when I began, and it was my body fighting against my efforts to lose the fat.
    It's like a battle.
    After losing 3o pounds, it stopped, and all was well until I hit that 50 pound wall.
    BANG!
    It was the same all over again...and it happened at 70 pounds, then again at 80 pounds lost.
    Over time I have learned to break past these walls, and it's never easy.
    Today, I am maintaining my 100 pound total weight loss, and some days are still like this.

That's inspiring. Thanks for sharing it!