Options
13»

Replies

• irishbsun
    irishbsun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thea519 wrote: »
    irishbsun wrote: »
    There are only two possibilities: 1) you are not healthy; something is out of whack. The hormone check should answer this possibility. 2) You are eating more calories than you think. You can get fat on chicken and fish. Start measuring your food and logging it into your food diary. Be completely honest with yourself and your measurements, and you will likely find out where the weight gain comes from. A lot of people stress that you MUST HAVE a food scale, but I don't have one and can't get one. I just make sure that what I call, for example, 1 cup is level with the top of the measuring cup, not heaping.

It seems too much like a chore for me to balance exercise and calories, so I filled out my goals for losing 1 pound per week and lightly active. I strive to stay under my calorie goal. I don't log exercise. I figure that fits under lightly active. I'm not training for a marathon or anything like that, so lightly should cover it (walking, wall pushups, squats, lunges, house cleaning).

I've lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks this way. I must confess, however, that this started out with 2-4 days of anorexia. I flew from Washington state to Ohio to visit my father and found him in his favorite chair barely conscious. Turns out he had a brain tumor and died from it in 2-3 weeks. This is one of the worst things that has ever happened to me. I started back with MFP to log my food and make sure I was getting adequate nutrition because I was having such a difficult time forcing myself to eat. I was unsuccessful with weight loss for years and had all kinds of special snowflake excuses for it, but now I realize that I wasn't being honest about everything I was eating.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    In the past I have not been honest with what I eat or not include something in my diary. But the past 6 months I've realized I need to be real and have been doing that and being honest with myself. Part of me is hoping hormones are the answer.
    paris458 wrote: »
    are you eating back your workout calories? you definitely have to be eating more calories than you are burning.

No I am not eating my calories back. I will eat 1210 calories and burn 2250 in a day (per Fitbit) on here I have it set up for a 2lb a week loss. I have a good 60lbs to lose. I'm 5'1 and 181lbs. I don't feel it should be this difficult to even lose a few pounds. It's frustrating

I eat 1,200 cals a day (weighed and measured), my FitBit says I burn 3,000-3,500 cals a day, and I'm steadily losing 2 lbs a week. My point is that FitBit is clearly over estimating CO. Something to consider.

Great thank you!
  • irishbsun
    irishbsun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Thank you for the video. I've never used a scale before, how is the container taken into consideration when weighing?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Watch the above video, OP. Extra calories add up, and you saying you're hoping it's a metabolism disorder leads me to think that underestimating is probably the culprit.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Thank you for the video. I've never used a scale before, how is the container taken into consideration when weighing?

You put the container on the scale, tare it, and then put the food in to get the weight of the food.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Bronty3 wrote: »

You put the container on the scale, tare it, and then put the food in to get the weight of the food.

For those not familiar - tare is to put a container on the scale and "zero it". There should be some button marked Tare/Zero - press this with the container on the scale and it will now only register items you add to the container.