• alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Never happened to me so I would love it if it happened, but I can totally understand why people who get hit on a lot might really dislike it in the end. I don't have the confidence to hit on girls either, I often imagine it which end up in me imagining certain rejection lol It must be a huge confidence booster though!

Rejection is Better than regret my friend ;)

Lol that's true, but I also really don't want to make the girl feel uncomfortable along the way either :P

As a man showing up is half the battle.

Eye contact, if she smiles approach and be sincere about what you like about her as an authentic expression of your masculine heart.

That's it, I'm approaching every woman that smiles in my direction. Free womens for life!

I do and I've got 4 dates this week. Wish me luck mate :D

Make sure you eat back all those bedroom cardio calories or you're surely to go into starvation mode.

Hahhaha this guy !!!
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me so I would love it if it happened, but I can totally understand why people who get hit on a lot might really dislike it in the end. I don't have the confidence to hit on girls either, I often imagine it which end up in me imagining certain rejection lol It must be a huge confidence booster though!

Lol that's true, but I also really don't want to make the girl feel uncomfortable along the way either :P
    Give a a lady an honest compliment, without expectation of anything else. That is how it should be, in my opinion. If a lady smiles and says thank you, you have brighten her day. If she looks at you like you are some slobbering nut job just because you paid her an honest compliment, that is her problem, in my opinion.

Be yourself. Be respectful and show that you aren't afraid to given an honest compliment when due.

When I tell a married lady she is beautiful, has a lovely outfit on, or shares a lovely picture etc., that doesn't mean I am trying to make some kind of sex move or relationship move on her. And a lot of ladies assume that right off the bat and it is wrong to do so. There are also a lot of ladies who do all they can to get attention, and then bellyache when they get attention, as if they aren't playing some kind of game. Same thing goes for how a lot of guys act with ladies.

A lady can tell if you are being honest with her. She can usually tell if you are trying to use some stupid pick up line. Be yourself and show confidence. Even if a lady may not be attracted to you physically at first, she will appreciate your sincerity and confidence. And who knows, a friendship could build from that.

Oh I don't have any problem paying a lady, or a man, a genuine compliment and frequently do so. Just as you describe is how I act even when talking to a beautiful woman, but to me that isn't hitting on them. My mind set is that I am undateable because of my anxiety condition so my mind never really wanders down that path of expectation or hope of anything else :) It's just one of those things you come to accept about yourself and is hard to describe to someone who has never or doesn't feel that way.

We all have faults and shortcomings. Don't let your anxiety reign over you. Anxiety shouldn't define who you are as a man. A lot of ladies may be put off (at least at first) by a guy with some anxiety. But, once she gets to know you, and sees you are a good guy doing his best to work through something that has been a struggle for you, and cared enough to want to pay her a compliment, she will appreciate you all the more for it.

Get rid of that stinkin' thinkin' that you are undateable to a lady. Not true at all, unless you want that to be the case. Some of the world's greatest musicians, poets, writers, scientists, etc. had some level of anxiety in their day to day lives.

There is a lady out there that will embrace you for the man you are right now, and growing to be. Do your best to honestly believe that every day and you will start to see a change in how ladies (as a whole) interact with you.

I wish you well.

This ^^

What you think you shall become.

Get rid of them self limiting beliefs my friend, you seem like an awesome dude !
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Give a a lady an honest compliment, without expectation of anything else. That is how it should be, in my opinion. If a lady smiles and says thank you, you have brighten her day. If she looks at you like you are some slobbering nut job just because you paid her an honest compliment, that is her problem, in my opinion.

Be yourself. Be respectful and show that you aren't afraid to given an honest compliment when due.

When I tell a married lady she is beautiful, has a lovely outfit on, or shares a lovely picture etc., that doesn't mean I am trying to make some kind of sex move or relationship move on her. And a lot of ladies assume that right off the bat and it is wrong to do so. There are also a lot of ladies who do all they can to get attention, and then bellyache when they get attention, as if they aren't playing some kind of game. Same thing goes for how a lot of guys act with ladies.

A lady can tell if you are being honest with her. She can usually tell if you are trying to use some stupid pick up line. Be yourself and show confidence. Even if a lady may not be attracted to you physically at first, she will appreciate your sincerity and confidence. And who knows, a friendship could build from that.

Oh I don't have any problem paying a lady, or a man, a genuine compliment and frequently do so. Just as you describe is how I act even when talking to a beautiful woman, but to me that isn't hitting on them. My mind set is that I am undateable because of my anxiety condition so my mind never really wanders down that path of expectation or hope of anything else :) It's just one of those things you come to accept about yourself and is hard to describe to someone who has never or doesn't feel that way.

We all have faults and shortcomings. Don't let your anxiety reign over you. Anxiety shouldn't define who you are as a man. A lot of ladies may be put off (at least at first) by a guy with some anxiety. But, once she gets to know you, and sees you are a good guy doing his best to work through something that has been a struggle for you, and cared enough to want to pay her a compliment, she will appreciate you all the more for it.

Get rid of that stinkin' thinkin' that you are undateable to a lady. Not true at all, unless you want that to be the case. Some of the world's greatest musicians, poets, writers, scientists, etc. had some level of anxiety in their day to day lives.

There is a lady out there that will embrace you for the man you are right now, and growing to be. Do your best to honestly believe that every day and you will start to see a change in how ladies (as a whole) interact with you.

I wish you well.

Thanks for your kind words mate, I'm doing my best in my fight right now to not let my anxiety define me but I am doing it to try to learn to love myself again. Perhaps the rest can follow naturally when I get there, it will always be a part of who I am and what I can achieve and accepting that is the first move on the path I am taking to redefine just how much of a part of me it will be :)

I wish you all the best too!
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Oh I don't have any problem paying a lady, or a man, a genuine compliment and frequently do so. Just as you describe is how I act even when talking to a beautiful woman, but to me that isn't hitting on them.
    agreed. being nice isn't the same as hitting on someone. if I say, your shoes are lovely, I'm not hitting on you

Well said.

• Gene_Lean
    Gene_Lean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    scasey250 wrote: »
    Gene_Lean wrote: »
    I can be awkward so I'd rather not be put in those situation. Haha, half the time its gay guys. And I'm surprised how forward some girls can be. But lets be honest; it all depends on how attracted you are to them. I've seen guys use horrible lines but receive great responses because they're handsome. Life.

So is it a turn off when girls make the first move?

No way; it's great to see a girl step up and ignore the norm. A lot of guys these days are just to shy to initiate a conversation anyways. The bolder and out going women are great.
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Its flattering but I definitely do not want to get cat called as I'm pumping gas lol
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    People do that in real life? Lol.
    Nope. Never happens to me.

I'm sure I'd either be flattered or confused.
  • paleocleaneater
    paleocleaneater Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm with @therealklane I never see people getting hit on. Although if it happened to me id find it quite flattering.
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    leonsinned wrote: »
    note to self: don't cat call a woman pumping gas, and speak clearly and succinctly so as to avoid confusion. ok, got it

Lol your trying nice taking mental notes even! Too cute!
  • Laneysmom25
    Laneysmom25 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on in person :-/
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    No
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I get flirted with on here with some regularity, and as long as it's clean, I find it flattering. IRL, I may actually be invisible? I'm not sure how I'd like it...I assume I would if he kept it classy.
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    A little flirting but it is really annoying. So not really, i feel bad when i have to deny him or her. Ladies have gotten bold and tried to hit on Me also.
  • dodgydave9
    dodgydave9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Never happens
  • jayg1982
    jayg1982 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Dont think ive ever been hit on
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    A genuine, original non-creepy comment from someone (any variation of "you're hot!" or a reference to boning falls under creepy) can be nice. 98% of the time, no. In theory it's flattering, but when you're a young-ish (or maybe not even) female and live in a large busy city and walk around a lot, it's a part of life that men will cat-call or just make comments when passing by, and it's totally generic and uneventful. I'm not someone that gets offended by it, but I'm not like "OMG I MUST BE SO PRETTY, THANK YOU STRANGERS FOR BOOSTING MY SELF ESTEEM". Like, no. I can find better sources of validation.
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Was in Vegas not too long ago...a fire alarm was going off while on the strip. There was an older, attractive lady walking alongside her husband/companion...I turned to her and told her, "I think it's your outfit that set that alarm off." Her smile got huge...she turned to her husband and repeated my comment and then told him that it was the nicest thing anyone had ever told her.

One of the smoothest lines ive ever heard! #Bravo #Takeabow

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Nah, I bruise easily.
  • stellarXX
    stellarXX Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    As long as its harmless I love it..
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options