What do you like to eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast
    Coffee
    1.5 cup of cereal (Cheerios or bran flakes)
    3/4 cup whole milk
    10 grams slivered almonds
    30 grams blueberries (I mix it up with strawberries and bananas)

This generally gets me 3-400 calories depending on variations on fruit type and amount and which cereal I eat. Bran flakes are much higher in calories than Cheerios.

Using skim or a lower fat milk would lower the calorie count but I want the whole milk and higher fat because I have a highly active job and need the calories in the morning. This does keep me satisfied until lunch time.
  • TiaGia101
    TiaGia101 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got so many great suggestions here that yesterday I went to the grocery store and stocked up! For breakfast this morning I had a cup of plain Greek yogurt with 2 ounces of blueberries. I think one of the posters is right when they say that having breads for breakfasts sets you up for a day of hunger. I'll see how today goes with more protein early on. Planning a big egg white omelet with veggies for lunch!
  • ElisaDane
    ElisaDane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up. Some mornings I have egg whites, a slice of toasted Dave's Killer Bread, and a banana, and others I will have oatmeal, or a serving of Kodiak pancakes. If I eat the same thing over and over I'll get bored.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    A quest bar.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Either Fruit (something like an apple & sml banana) or Bacon Medallions on Toast.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    eating a quest bar right now, with a small bowl of berries.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Bacon & eggs, liver mush & eggs, sausage (rarely) and eggs. Good protein in the morning holds me very well
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    During the week I always have oatmeal. After its cooked, I put a tblsp of crunchy pb, 3 tsp of brown sugar and a tsp of cocoa powder drizzled all across the top. I let it melt a bit and then spread across the top. I do not mix in. This way I can get some topping in every bite. It takes a long time to eat and keeps me full for 300 calories.
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Protein, fat & fiber are filling

Greek yogurt parfait - Greek yogurt, berries, Fiber One, a few nuts....2% Greek if you don't like nuts

Oatmeal made with milk (for protein) and a sprinkle of cinnamon & nuts.

• titotito48
    Options
    Sorry didn't mean to quote you TeaBea
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kv2p7xrnrn89.jpg
    Other than the frittata I love "hash" made with leftover roasted veggies (The pic is butternut squash, cauliflower and scallion) and topped with a runny egg, or slices of tomato topped with spinach/laughing cow and a runny egg.
    xqh4blqbos9r.jpg
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I drink a Premier Protein shake from Costco and eat one ounce of Walnuts. I have one basket of strawberries that I eat per day as snacks between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. I typically eat 400 cal meals three times a day. I eat on average 1350 calories per day. I exercise for 30 min which burns the 150 cal so I'm back to my 1200 cal goal. I have lost 2 pounds per week over the last four months. I always have a bottle of water with me and i keep my snacks with me at all times as well so I'm not tempted to cheat out of starvation.
  • titotito48
    Options
    kv2p7xrnrn89.jpg
    Other than the frittata I love "hash" made with leftover roasted veggies (The pic is butternut squash, cauliflower and scallion) and topped with a runny egg, or slices of tomato topped with spinach/laughing cow and a runny egg.
    xqh4blqbos9r.jpg

• titotito48
    Options
    Yum
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am on the 1200 cal, too. Normally, I like to eat cereal with almond milk and it holds me for a while. This morning, I had Greek Yogurt at approx. 5 in the morning, and I must say I didn't get hungry for lunch until well past 1! I was really surprised-I think it's the protein.
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    2 Eggs, served over kale, avocado and whole wheat toast and an apple (or whatever fruit I have around). This is my go to every day
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oats, brown sugar and chia seeds. Keeps me full for 5-6 hours.
  • kamargeson
    kamargeson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt
    Oatmeal
    Banana
    Hemp hearts/chia seeds
    Cinnamon
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My overnight oats are 1/2 cup oats (the thick cut, real ones, not quick cooking) in a mason jar, cover with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup plain non fat greek yogurt. Stick it in the fridge--in the morning stir it up and add whatever fruit or nuts or whatever you want. Low cal high fiber toast with fresh ground peanut butter and banana, 100 calorie greek yogurt with fruit and either flax seed or chia seed, green smoothie--2 cups spinach, 2 cups water, 1 banana, 2-3 cups of frozen fruit, 2 T of flax seed (that makes enough for 2 servings in one day or 2 days--especially good if you are busy--I put it in one of those shaker bottles from GNC and take it with me if I am running around so I am not tempted to grab useless snacks just from being unprepared). One thing I really love--sounds goofy but it's yummy--oatmeal topped with 1/2 cup blueberries and a poached egg. Yep--an egg on oatmeal. Delish.
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love overnight oats. It keeps me full until lunch:

1/4-1/2 c old fashioned oats
    1-2T chia seeds
    1/4 c nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 t vanilla extract
    1/4 t almond extract
    1/4-1/2 c frozen berries
    Pinch of salt
    Stevia to taste

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate containers, then mix. Mason jars work well. Refrigerate overnight and it'll be ready in the morning.

If I anticiapte having/needing the calories, I'll add more oats and/or yogurt for more fiber/protein. I'll also sub half of the oats with leftover cooked quinoa, rice, other grain. That makes it good. :)

Of course you can vary the fruits and the flavors/spices. I like bananas and PB2 (more calories), chopped apples and cinnamon, blueberries and bananas, banana and cocoa powder, instant coffee and something, pumpkin purée and banana and cinnamon?, cooked sweet potato purée and apples and cinnamon?

You could rearrange and add some protein powder, too - perhaps instead of yogurt.

I've eaten this all summer. I anticipate trying some pumpkin purée and popping it in the microwave for a minute when the cooler weather gets here.