What fruit should I get?

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetAsHoneyy
    Options
    My faves are HoneyDew, Cantalope, Watermelon, Mango, Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries, Cherries.

I always wanted to try a fruit but I forgot the name of one. I think it was called Dragon Fruit.
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Is there a farmer's market in your area? It may be fun for you and your family to check it out once a week or so and look at local, fresh produce. Most sellers will give you a sample of a fruit or veggie, so you can "taste test" it before you buy. Plus the farmers can give you tips on how to clean, prepare and serve the produce.

It's a whole world of taste out there: consider it an adventure!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My husband loves blueberries but I'm not so fond of them and don't usually buy them because they don't grow locally and are pretty expensive.

I think all ours are imported; they can be horrendously expensive here, so I tend to only get them when they are on special offer....which is fine because I appreciate them that much more!

Last weekend I went to the farmer's market and bought locally grown apples (fuji), mandarins (clementines), plums, grapes, pears (I don't like these much either, they were for my dad) as they are all in season in my part of the world (Western Australia) right now. I'm hanging out for summer to come back so we have mangoes again. They do have imported Mexican mangoes in the market sometimes, but I don't like my fruit to have travelled so far, so I usually resist the temptation and wait until the local ones are in season.

Lucky you, living in a country which can grow its own 'exotic' fruit. UK-grown fruit tends to be more expensive than its imported counterparts, which is bonkers, really. And we don't grow mangoes here! :sad:

:laugh: