Lose 5 Pounds A Month June 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 156 LBS. I have to say that I went on a junk food binge last night. I don't know why I do such things. In the back of my mind I was justifying it because I knew I was starting this challenge today.

Started this morning off with sugar free oatmeal, bananas and walnuts. Heading to my Zumba class today!!

Hope everyone has a great day and stays on track..:happy:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is a very important part of this journey. A food scale is a great investment. I have one the I can set my plate on tare it to 0 and then start putting on the food. It measures it ounces and grams. It is a great way to learn what a portion really looks like. Read those food labels and if possible eat fruits veggies and whole grain foods.

Get some exercise. If you are new to exercise try to walk 10 minutes at a time working up to 30 or more minutes per day. Not only does it up your calorie burn, its good for your body and especially important for heart health.

Starting weight

June 1 184 pounds.

Get up and move.

Terri
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Skoal!!!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Ok, I have got to get serious about this this month. I've been so wishy-washy and up and down the past couple months. Time to get my healthy mojo back. I'm sooooo tired of being in the 170's. :sad: I want to see 169 !!!!!

June 1 - 175

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and skinny June! :flowerforyou:
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in for June, hoping to lose another 5 pounds. This month is going to be tough w/a week long vacation, but hoping this will keep me motivated throughout the month.

CW - 141.7

GW - 135
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in Again!
    Only managed 2lb loss in May but as I only have a small amount to lose I know it won't just fall off!
    The great thing is I am snacking less, I am exercising more and eating more mindfully so the weight loss is a side effect I suppose.

Goood Luck everyone and thanks Terri for starting us off again! :happy:
  • agga1984
    agga1984 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in for June! I am going to the beach in July and I want to look good. Thanks for starting it!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am in again. Not logging my food at all just counting carbs for the atkins. I like it. It seems to be working. Plus I love coming up with new food ideas with out all the carbs!!

CW- 266.6

CGW- 261.6
  • cassiebradley
    Options
    I'm in!
  • cheekytart
    cheekytart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My scale is stuck. I need a challenge. ;)
  • brinkley89
    Options
    My June weigh in is 142.0

Goal this month is 5lbs.

Challenges to over come...our new treadmill just crapped out on us last night! Ugh! Now it's time to start lifting more weights I guess!

Positive attitude is another challenge I need to achieve this month!!

Christina

3700210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm SO tired of the 190s! I saw 189 on the scale late last week...now I just wish it would show up again! Here's to a SKINNY JUNE for us all! :bigsmile: :drinker:

June 1st: 191.6 lbs
    June 8th:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is a very important part of this journey. A food scale is a great investment. I have one the I can set my plate on tare it to 0 and then start putting on the food. It measures it ounces and grams. It is a great way to learn what a portion really looks like. Read those food labels and if possible eat fruits veggies and whole grain foods.

Get some exercise. If you are new to exercise try to walk 10 minutes at a time working up to 30 or more minutes per day. Not only does it up your calorie burn, its good for your body and especially important for heart health.

Starting weight

June 1 184 pounds.

Get up and move.

Terri

Great advice, Terri. Thanks for all your efforts!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I'm SO tired of the 190s! I saw 189 on the scale late last week...now I just wish it would show up again! Here's to a SKINNY JUNE for us all! :bigsmile: :drinker:

June 8th:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:

But you have lost 57 pounds!! You look fabulous!! Awesome job.
  • hglmin
    hglmin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    June 1st weigh in :210

Im hoping to drop at least 5 pound this month......we'll see :)
    Good Luck to you all!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    SW 197.8 ....
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

June 8th:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:

But you have lost 57 pounds!! You look fabulous!! Awesome job.

Thanks but it was 59 lost until last week when I finally logged my gain. :sad: I've been in the 190s since January 12th! I'm SO over the 190s and the 180s are SO CLOSE! I saw it once last week, but decided to wait another day to make sure it was true, but not so much! :cry:

Anyway - I'm in this challenge for June, 25000 calories burn challenge, and 40 mile biking challenge. PLUS I signed up for a 5K again this Saturday, and one next Saturday as well. Then I'm hoping to do an 8K in July, then I am definitely signed up for a 7mile race on July 30th. Then I have a 4 miler in August. Plus my cousins are trying to get me to do a triathalon relay with them in September....they need a runner! That is a 10k race. OMG Run Forrest Run! :laugh: Hopefully this will kick my losing into higher gear!
  • rosannadanna
    Options
    Count me in!!

June 1st: 189.6
    June 8th:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:
  • jadeymum
    jadeymum Posts: 26
    Options
    Please please inc me in this, need the motivation and support, feel free to add me anyone and ill give support too.

Sw 161
    Cw 157

1st june 157

Gw 145

Goal for june 5lb = 152

We can do this! X
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    i'm in!!