Have you ever cheated

Options

Replies

• KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was tempted once but it took that for me to realise I didn't want to be in the relationship I was in (he was mentally and emotionally abusive to me, I just couldn't see it until I met this other guy)

So I ended it with the first guy, and two months later found myself in love with the second guy. We are still together.

Some have claimed I was cheating in the short period after meeting guy 2 and before splitting with guy 1 but I know my conscience was clear. It was the best thing I ever did.
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,185 Member
    Options
    KimmyBee wrote: »
    I was tempted once but it took that for me to realise I didn't want to be in the relationship I was in (he was mentally and emotionally abusive to me, I just couldn't see it until I met this other guy)

So I ended it with the first guy, and two months later found myself in love with the second guy. We are still together.

Some have claimed I was cheating in the short period after meeting guy 2 and before splitting with guy 1 but I know my conscience was clear. It was the best thing I ever did.

That's the best way to live your life, I think, in such a way as to have a clear conscience. No matter how good you are, somebody somewhere will pick at you and find fault or tell you that you aren't good enough (or conversely, tell you how much of a prude you are). Learning to follow after your own inner voice is a tremendous life skill.

My own inner voice gets me into trouble sometimes. I don't think I should always follow it. :s
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nope. Had it done to me so many times so i know how it feels plus they alway's get found out in the end.
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    Yes, in my early 20s, as retaliation for their cheating. I confessed and did it again - a few times - with the same person in the short few days. So not sure if that can be rolled into 1 incident.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    if you can't be honest to some strangers how are you ever going to be honest to yourself

what

Just saying if you cheat and you can't be honest about it; how are you ever going to be honest? That comment was aimed towards the cheaters who never took the time to figure out what they did was wrong and act like they never cheated.

If you cheated, own it. That's all I'm saying. And if you can't even own your cheating than maybe you should have never cheated to begin with.

Maybe the cheaters do own it but still don't feel the need to post it on a public message board.

Fair enough. I was just going based off the fact the lady who made this post commented that some people were too scared to say they cheated. That is not owning the fact you cheated in my opinion.

You are so serious on a chit chat forum.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I don't think a thread on a weight loss message board is the place anyone is going to have their come to Jesus moment.

I tend to think a large majority of people have cheated or are capable of cheating in the right circumstances, but I don't know that they're going to post about it. I've never been married so it's not my issue. I cheated on a boyfriend in college but I was like 19 so I file that under the irrelevant/young-and-dumb category, like most things in college.

Is the saying once a cheater always a cheater?

• funnistguy
    funnistguy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    only with a Chocolate Malt!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    leonsinned wrote: »
    leonsinned wrote: »
    crssftlv wrote: »
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    Cheating on a significant other is defined as doing an activity alone that you would not do or confess you did with your other. Therefore if you are simply posting here on these forums and flirting with others but not divulging this or sharing the posts with your partner then you are cheating.

WHAT???

He is saying, that if one is in a committed relationship, and spending time on here seeking attention ( actively flirting, sharing intimate details and needs with others) in a manner that should be left to one's partner, that is cheating, even if the subject of sex doesn't come up.

I actually agree to a point. If you're not willing to share something with your partner then you probably shouldn't be doing it. Now if you're just having silly fun and are ok with them seeing it then whi cares.
    I agree with that sentiment.

If I am in a relationship and having a problem, I should be going to my best friend, my confidant, and my lover with my concerns. I believe that seeking out other ladies to confide in about my relationship, instead of talking to the lady I care about and love is wrong. I believe if one is flirting (read: actively seeking attention from other ladies) in person or online with other ladies while in a committed relationship, that is wrong.

I realize many here may not see anything wrong with engaging in the aforementioned type activities while in a committed relationship. But, as for me, I believe that such activity shows a disrespect for self, the lady I am with, and the whole foundation of what a relationship means, as far as we (me and the lady I am with are concerned). As such, I would never do such a thing.

Being that I am single, I do flirt on here (on occasion) with some of the single ladies. I would not do that with a lady who was married. I wouldn't want someone to do that to my relationship and I wouldn't think of doing that to others.

It's not about control. It is simply showing the utmost respect (because you want to) and love for the one you are with.

If that makes me square around here, so be it. I am an old fashioned guy and not ashamed of believing I need to keep the lady I am with the focal part of my emotional and physical attention.

kd86ys22oh06.jpg

Instead of posting a cogent response to the subject at hand, you go out of your way to mock me. A grown adult acting in the kind of fashion a bully on the school playground would act. Well done, sir.

Oh come on @BasicGreatGuy , it's all meant in fun. I already posted several meaningful responses to the topic at hand so I was overdue for some ribbing. Nothing personal.

I don't think he has a sense of humor in the forums. He is always so serious.
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    ind1983 wrote: »
    Yes, in my early 20s, as retaliation for their cheating. I confessed and did it again - a few times - with the same person in the short few days. So not sure if that can be rolled into 1 incident.

that counts as one incident in my book.

Good to know...it was ambiguous for me at one point.
  • tripleA972
    tripleA972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »
    A loaded question for you... Have you ever cheated on a spouse, significant other?
    Yes when i was younger.
  • brokebutfun
    brokebutfun Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nope, but after 20+ years together she did. Still recovering.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,043 Member
    Options
    Is this thread still not shut down? How? Lol
  • brokebutfun
    Options
    I already said "no", but this reminds me of a conversation I had about affairs vs. cheating
    Affairs are an romantic ideal. Think about it, you longing for another that you are willing to risk everything for them, however cheating is wrong, but it is most wrong when it is against you. We as human beings have this incredible capability to excuse our own actions. "I cheated, but clearly they were not my soul mate, because then I would not of cheated". We are constantly growing as people and who we meet today can easily be growing away from us tomorrow. The cold truth is many relationships don't last, but that should not stop you from valuing the time together you do have. In the end it is your choice to remember the sweet moments or fixate on the bad ones.
  • JSurita3
    Options
    I already said "no", but this reminds me of a conversation I had about affairs vs. cheating
    Affairs are an romantic ideal. Think about it, you longing for another that you are willing to risk everything for them, however cheating is wrong, but it is most wrong when it is against you. We as human beings have this incredible capability to excuse our own actions. "I cheated, but clearly they were not my soul mate, because then I would not of cheated". We are constantly growing as people and who we meet today can easily be growing away from us tomorrow. The cold truth is many relationships don't last, but that should not stop you from valuing the time together you do have. In the end it is your choice to remember the sweet moments or fixate on the bad ones.

Is there even such a thing as a soul mate?
  • JSurita3
    Options
    [/img]

Lol...exactly!
  • brokebutfun
    Options
    No, I think the idea of "soul mate" is an excuse to find fault in another person instead of just accepting them for who they are.
  • bigtone89
    bigtone89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I cheat at monopoly on the reg