Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »
    Drooooool! Made home made tonkotsu tonight.. Really just wanted to share with someone cause it was amazing!

tgt1u8j7rnf6.jpg

Yum yum yum yum :smiley:
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Today, im showing my lunchbox for the first time here.. its for tomorrow.. im getting pumped up from all the amazing bento box ive seen in this thread.. all of u senpai are amazing!
    ive packed, basmati rice, honey spiced grilled chicken thigh, carrots, and mango for lunch.. and there is almonds, prunes, raisins and dried cranberries for snacks.. and not to forget, my fav matcha pocky too ! :Dxb4hsmam103t.jpg

• clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That looks lovely! BUt if packing your lunch directly into a feed bag or dog dish motivate you to eat better-do it!
    I'm not sure where any of the pictures we have of our food insinuate the dog dish or feed bag reference. Honestly, I find it extremely insulting. If this thread ain't your thing, then please move along elsewhere and learn some manners ^_^

9s1kknuzfvdy.gif
    Nicely put. We should all do this to trolls who try to derail a thread.

• piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    piheart wrote: »
    Been way too long since I've posted... bentoing for months and got too busy! Anyways, here's breakfast and lunch from yesterday:

Sautéed spinach, hard boiled egg, Greek yogurt with pb, cinnamon, and honey, banana and strawberries (327 cal)

Turkey and laughing cow roll-ups, mini caprese salad (only 100 cal!!), mini spinach-tomato-feta quiche, celery and some Caesar dressing in the container for dipping (392 cal)

Happy bentoing everyone!!

bn6ryt87lr25.jpg
    a41i29d4s3t9.jpg

I love the mini quiche! I'm totally going to make those when I can start bento-ing again.

Thanks! I love them too, and my recipe they are only 155 cal each, so a nice little treat to stick in the bento without hugely upping the cal amount (:
  • piheart
    Options
    zira91 wrote: »
    Today, im showing my lunchbox for the first time here.. its for tomorrow.. im getting pumped up from all the amazing bento box ive seen in this thread.. all of u senpai are amazing!
    ive packed, basmati rice, honey spiced grilled chicken thigh, carrots, and mango for lunch.. and there is almonds, prunes, raisins and dried cranberries for snacks.. and not to forget, my fav matcha pocky too ! :Dxb4hsmam103t.jpg

Mmm, everything looks great! Welcome!
  • piheart
    edited August 2015
    Options
    uirsbpw59859.jpg

Today's bento.... unfortunately home sick, so who knows it I'll eat it all or what...

Breakfast: trader joe's multigrain waffle, container with a lil syrup and butter, strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt with protein powder and vanilla (340 cal)

Lunch: spinach salad w/chicken breast, feta, strawberries, mini quiche, mini caprese salad, carrots and homemade hummus in the ducky! (430 cal)

PS my coworkers have started to tease me about my "childlike" lunch boxes... but I don't care cuz I'm having so much fun making them (:
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    piheart wrote: »

Today's bento.... unfortunately home sick, so who knows it I'll eat it all or what...

Breakfast: trader joe's multigrain waffle, container with a lil syrup and butter, strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt with protein powder and vanilla (340 cal)

Lunch: spinach salad w/chicken breast, feta, strawberries, mini quiche, mini caprese salad, carrots and homemade hummus in the ducky! (430 cal)

PS my coworkers have started to tease me about my "childlike" lunch boxes... but I don't care cuz I'm having so much fun making them (:

Looks delish! My coworkers said roughly the same thing to me. But more like "what are you, twelve?" I just give a big cheesy grin, and say "yes". I feel sad for others that they pooh-pooh fun lunches.

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Steak, mixed veggies, rice, and a salad - for which I yet again forgot dressing V.V
    bcqy5f1nz8bn.jpg
  • PoleFit96
    PoleFit96 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All the bentos here are so cute!!!! You've all inspired me to try it out as well :)
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @PoleFit96
    I can't wait to see your pics!
  • amygatl
    amygatl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, you have won over another lurker. This is only my 4th or 5th post ever. Here is my first real attempt at a bento:
    kcurpv9c4232.jpg

Breakfast is Greek yogurt with blueberries and cantaloupe. Lunch is rainbow quinoa, tomatoes, egg & soy sauce. along with almonds, pickles, crackers & laughing cow cheese. I was going to save the crackers & cheese for mid afternoon snack, but I ended up eating everything by 1pm. Just as well, I was too busy for snacking today.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    0wrxcshhmd50.jpg
    My daily bottle of Kombucha, breakfast is one bear shaped soy egg and I found some new lemon poppy breakfast biscuits, 1st snack is Sweet/Heat Feta fruit Salad, lunch is 2 pork spring rolls with fried quinoa and flower shaped pickled beets, 2nd snack is Energy Bites with a cheese stick. All for 950cals.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I come back from my run, and see all of these lovely lunches! I may have to make a pretty lunch today just for funsies (I'm at home on leave this week).

And as to people being old fuddy duddys; I just tell 'em that getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional. It's their loss that they don't get to have fun with their food!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Here we go. My bored at home bento-ish lunch. Dumplings with rice, veg, pickles and miso soup.
    68ee014kg57b.jpg
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Here we go. My bored at home bento-ish lunch. Dumplings with rice, veg, pickles and miso soup.
    68ee014kg57b.jpg

Ur lunch looks gorgeous! & colourful!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @mangrothian - Your bored at home meal looks amazing. My lazy at home tomorrow (yay day off finally) will probably be just a microwaved noodle bowl with some meat added to it and a protein shake at some point cause I'm lacking on my protein lately.

Today's lunch, picture taken before work, was more stuffed squash on the brown/wild/quinoa rice with some peas, half a serving of habanero bbq almonds for snack, and a strawberry cake. Would have been over 500 calories but I didn't eat all of the squash or rice. I didn't even get to dessert until at home (after working an hour later than scheduled) and I got one nibble before it got dropped to the floor when I was moving stuff around. It was a bit oily or something similar so not sure I like them. They were from the asian grocery store in the cookie/cracker/snack section.

v9w356a0f6b5.jpg
  • mangrothian
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    @mangrothian - Your bored at home meal looks amazing. My lazy at home tomorrow (yay day off finally) will probably be just a microwaved noodle bowl with some meat added to it and a protein shake at some point cause I'm lacking on my protein lately.

Today's lunch, picture taken before work, was more stuffed squash on the brown/wild/quinoa rice with some peas, half a serving of habanero bbq almonds for snack, and a strawberry cake. Would have been over 500 calories but I didn't eat all of the squash or rice. I didn't even get to dessert until at home (after working an hour later than scheduled) and I got one nibble before it got dropped to the floor when I was moving stuff around. It was a bit oily or something similar so not sure I like them. They were from the asian grocery store in the cookie/cracker/snack section.
    Normally, my lunch is similar, but I was bored (was over watching the DOTA2 tournament), and felt like spending some time on it.

I love the idea of the stuffed squash. I wish Mr. Mangrothian would eat something similar, but I doubt it.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Normally, my lunch is similar, but I was bored (was over watching the DOTA2 tournament), and felt like spending some time on it.

I love the idea of the stuffed squash. I wish Mr. Mangrothian would eat something similar, but I doubt it.

I got the idea from a food post on MFP (I think the what do your meals look like thread), however the person with the original image and a much better one. They posted squash stuffed with barbecue pulled pork. I just tried the hamburger and veggies cause I can make those easier, plus had clearance beef to use. I want to try bbq stuffed squash one of these days.
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited. I got my first Bento lunch box today at Fresh and Easy. I can't wait to pack up my lunch!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm so excited. I got my first Bento lunch box today at Fresh and Easy. I can't wait to pack up my lunch!

Can't wait to see it!

Here's today's bento (finally!) Left box is strawberries, grapes and a key lime greek yogurt (370 cals). Lunch on the right is mixed rice (on the bottom), shrimp in sesame oil, edamame & broccoli (423 cals). Far right are my snacks, smoked almonds, mini baybel and an egg (still in shell, oh, the horror!)

tiiidfktz3uh.jpg