No Picture?!?

Options

Replies

• conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thats actually a pretty awesome picture :) haha. Which thats the other things, I have seen some pretty cool pictures that arent of people! which is totally cool! but in all reality nobody cares about my opinion, they will do as they want! and GO THEM!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    conkle23 wrote: »
    And I guess for me I love to see a true picture of someone cause it nice to see people struggling and surpassing what they thought they could never do. But I understand what you guys are saying that does makes sense. I never really thought it like that @rhyolite_

I understand that, but I'm not here for you, I'm here for me :) Also, you may need to remind yourself that a good number of pictures online are completely fake any way!
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I purposely picked a picture that didn't really show my size...(but did show my awesome shark helmet cover :) ) I guess I just didn't want to be judged for being skinny-fat . And yet, having been here a little while now, I would be comfortable with a different picture more indicative of my current weight-loss state.
  • hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    << But, this is what I look like!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I prefer a succession of fitness memes. it's more interesting that way.
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thats actually a pretty awesome picture :) haha. Which thats the other things, I have seen some pretty cool pictures that arent of people! which is totally cool! but in all reality nobody cares about my opinion, they will do as they want! and GO THEM!

Agreed! I love the one that says In Soviet Russia, the dead lift you. Hahaha. Kudos to that person. c:

• ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had an image up, but my husband asked me to take it down for more anonymity. I respect his wishes and so I removed it. I take online classes and have no picture there, despite having been sort of a "poster child" for the school as a student leader, a first gen college student, a future pediatrician, transferring to a sister school in the spring, graduating with more than the minimal credit requirements, and utilizing an opportunity I had to go to NASA for NCAS (NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars program). If someone is curious as to what I look like, when they turn to me to be the doctor for their children, they'll find out.
  • gizmom19
    gizmom19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just really don't care that much. But people bring up a lot of valid reasons. I also don't have a lot of pictures of myself easily accessible to use. That is probably a self esteem issue as I hate pictures of myself generally.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    @conkle23 You didn't offend me - it's a valid question and didn't come across as assuming or judgemental at all (unlike the other posters).
  • conkle23
    Options
    I am here to hopefully further along people and amke them feel more comfortable! but hey! not everyone is going to like me! I mean look at me, I look like scoundrel :) a face a mother could never love ;)
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    rfsg1h8plvpf.jpg

I'm the one at the back - taken about an hour ago - not the most flattering lol...
  • conkle23
    Options
    HAHAHAHHA I love it soo MUCH!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have had strangers follow me from one social media site to another by finding the picture I was using on multiple sites. All together, this gave them more personal info about me than I was comfortable with. As a single woman who lives alone, that was creepy as heck and I have no intention of dealing with that again. We all leave a trail of breadcrumbs online, but I prefer to limit that as much as I can. And while I occasionally participate in the forums, I am mostly here to track calories, which is not affected by what avatar I chose. And while you might be here to support people, that doesn't mean there aren't people trolling around here for other reasons. Even with my not-me picture, I have received some fairly inappropriate personal messages here.

Plus - cat pictures! Who doesn't love cat pictures! :wink:
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ONLY have a picture because I wanted everyone to know that the waffle I ate was delicious...
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm sharing a lot of personal information that I have never shared with anyone before. It's liberating to be able to present yourself in a way you choose, and also getting to know other people through communication and support. Privacy is a bonus, but I also find it much easier to be honest and be truly me, when there's not an image of my face attached to my profile.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of pictures of myself but you do know that if you copy and paste somebodys picture into google you can usually find out all kinds of info on that person. Although this is a website for support, it is still a public site and there are probably hundreds of thousands of members not all legit.
  • bonitabrooklynbomb
    bonitabrooklynbomb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you all.

I know you have added or seen that one or two or three people that might have like 4 or 5 pictures but none of them is of themselves, and if this is you please let me know.

This is a site where we do not judge people, and where we can come here for advice and support and new validation if we cannot get it through our family or friends.

Is there a certain reason you do not have a picture of yourself, are you ashamed of yourself or is it cause you just do not want people to see who you are, or you just do not care. I am really interested in knowing. This post is not to offend anyone, it is just my curiosity has gotten the best of me

I had mine up briefly but decided to take it down after receiving a few messages that seemed like they should have been on Tinder or Match.com instead of MyFitnessPal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm in a career where it isn't unusual for people to Google me, and i know the power of reverse image search. My clients don't need to be able to find me on a weight loss site whinging about water retention from a boozy weekend.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm a purple monster that eats children. Come at me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I had pictures in my profile but recently deleted them. No big reason why other than having a grumpy day. I'm sure I'll put more up sometime. In the meantime I'm pretending to have shoulders as muscular as my dog Tammy.