Water enhancers

Options
What's everyone's take on the small bottle enhancers available at all grocery stores? Dasani has one, WalMart's Great Value, Crystal Light, Mio, etc. What is the best one?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Some like them, others prefer plain water. Crystal Light strawberry lemonade is my favorite.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    nuun

• kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I liked the Great Value ones well enough, and they were quite a bit cheaper. I used them as I was quitting soda.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is delicious. I like the lemon iced tea. Addicted.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love them! I usually get whichever brand is on sale.

A couple of favorites are Mio Orange Vanilla and Crystal Light Tropical Coconut, but pretty much any will do for me. You will get a bunch of people declaring they don't use them because of the "chemicals" and artificial ingredients, but I think they are super tasty and use them daily. I also like diet soda.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I get the store brand and Mio when it's on sale. I can't tell one iota of difference between them.

I drink a couple gallons of the stuff a day.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    ♥xenawarriorprincess♥ Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tilly1285 wrote: »
    What's everyone's take on the small bottle enhancers available at all grocery stores? Dasani has one, WalMart's Great Value, Crystal Light, Mio, etc. What is the best one?

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial. If you must buy them here is a list of best to worst (still not great) http://www.eatthis.com/best-worst-water-enhancers#fref
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial.
    How do you rate natural cancer and artificial chemo?
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just put a spritz of lemon juice in my water for the taste. Recently moved and the water here taste funky to me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial.

I'm not sure where you are getting the information that our body can't process water enhancers or that they kill brain cells, but I am not convinced that natural is always better than artificial. If I had the choice between being stung by a dozen bees (natural) or having a glass of water with a few drops of Mio in it (artificial, in your estimation), I think I'd be drinking some Mio. And I don't even like the stuff.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Everyone that I have tried gives me gastrointestional distress. So I stick to plain water or water with "REAL" fruit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Or natural herpes against an artificial condom?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever's on sale and use them often. Haven't noticed much difference between them.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Or natural herpes against an artificial condom?

Just a nurse PSA but condoms aren't terribly effective against herpes since they aren't transmitted by vaginal fluid or ejaculate, and the lesions often aren't covered by the condom and can be transferred skin to skin contact, still better than nothing though!

That said I like water enhancers! Walmart has ones made with coconut water in pineapple flavor that are pretty good. And the caffeine ones are a good boost instead of soda or energy drinks.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial. If you must buy them here is a list of best to worst (still not great) http://www.eatthis.com/best-worst-water-enhancers#fref

Just no. Stop fear mongering.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I like them. It gets me to drink more water. I keep a bottle at work. A lot cheaper to use that in my regular drinking glass than to spend loads of money on bottled beverages that contribute to making landfills more full.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    try em all and see which one you like best.

i prefer plain water or water flavored with fruit but my daughter likes the mix ins
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The only thing I put in my water is ice and occasionally, lemons or limes if I have extra to use. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like mine plain. If you want to add something, try lemon, lime, orange, strawberries or cucumbers.